The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,574 posts in this topic

I accidentally caught the start of the Flash\Arrow crossovers Monday night.

For those that follow the Golden Age thread, you are probably familiar with my Flash Comics Journal blog (click image below).

The Hawkman\Hawkgirl origins were exceptionally phenomenal.

Hawkman-and-Hawkgirl-in-DCs-Legends-of-Tomorrow-Header.jpg

The -script was inspired by Flash Comics #1:

Entry #8

“A hero ventures forth from the world of common day into a region of supernatural wonder: fabulous forces are there encountered and a decisive victory is won: the hero comes back from this mysterious adventure with the power to bestow boons on his fellow man.” -- Joseph Campbell. The Hero with a Thousand Faces.

Although Gardner Fox created the Hawkman ten years before Joseph Campbell’s book was released, the Hawkman represents Joseph Campbell’s hero.

Flash Comics #1:

0101_zps61fe9c03.jpg

I can’t help but think that the character of Carter Hall must have been self-reflective of the times. With war in Europe started in the autumn of 1939, he must have wrestled with a sense of helplessness in a world that is on a destructive course. A collector of exotic curios of the ancient world, frequent guest at socialite galas, he is ready to embark on a hero’s journey that will change his life forever.

0102_zps0aef08ac.jpg

I particularly like how Gardner Fox handles the mythological aspects of the story of the Hawkman origin. Making an Egyptian god blonde is right. The blending of different gods and goddesses further creates an American folk hero.

0103_zps49adda49.jpg

The ninth metal!

0104_zpse182d673.jpg

0105_zps31f95145.jpg

Quarterstaff, wings, hood, crossbow; we are introduced to one of the Hawkman’s mythos, the use of weapons of war.

0106_zps668c3787.jpg

Death Count = 1

Yeah, personally I'm super excited to see how all that plays out and if both of them last long or if one dies quick.

The Flash's Keiynan Lonsdale Talks Wally West & (Possibly) Becoming Kid Flash

JJJ: We already see some differences with Wally in the show vs in the comic book. But the potential to become Kid Flash has to be pretty exciting. Are you hoping they go that route?

KL: Yeeeeeees! I’d be crazy if I said otherwise! I’m sure that’s where we’ll go with it, we have to. If it doesn’t happen soon, I will casually make my own suit and casually wear it on set to make everyone speed up the process.

JJJ: How would you describe Wally in three words?

KL: Quick. Layered. Fun.

DC Comics Character Eliza Harmon To Appear On The Flash

Eliza Hamilton, a speedster known as Trajectory and introduced during the fan-favorite series 52, will join The Flash, TVLine reports.

According to the site, Hamilton's TV version will be an “exceptionally bright scientist” with a “split personality a la Jekyll and Hyde.”

ntTXeKM.jpg

DC Comics Character Eliza Harmon To Appear On The Flash

Eliza Hamilton, a speedster known as Trajectory and introduced during the fan-favorite series 52, will join The Flash, TVLine reports.

According to the site, Hamilton's TV version will be an “exceptionally bright scientist” with a “split personality a la Jekyll and Hyde.”

ntTXeKM.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I love the speedsters.....but I'd rather see other heroes with different powersets in conjunction with the ones we've got already. You gotta admit they're mining DEEP for 'other' speedsters that folks barely know.

Don't get me wrong, I love the speedsters.....but I'd rather see other heroes with different powersets in conjunction with the ones we've got already. You gotta admit they're mining DEEP for 'other' speedsters that folks barely know.

I do agree. There are SO many great DC characters from over the years, this show could be using them to keep the spice going.

Look at what a brief appearance of Martian Manhunter did for Supergirl. I love the show anyway. But I noticed the uptick from that episode versus the focus on Calista Flockhart as a negative.

Okay now. Which one of you is the hidden show producer from The Flash? That was too perfectly timed.

EXCLUSIVE: Geomancer Coming To The Flash

Actor Adam Stafford has been cast in the role of Adam Fells, also known as the DC Comics villain Geomancer, in the forthcoming thirteenth and fourteenth episodes of The Flash's second season, ComicBook.com has confirmed exclusively with the studio.

In the comics, Geomancer is foe of the Justice Society's, co-created by DC Chief Creative Officer and The Flash executive producer Geoff Johns. Adam Fells was a big fish in a small pond until he joined up with the Injustice Society and bad things started to befall him, building to his death. A successor came along, taking up the name and costume, but didn't make many appearances before the New 52 reboot.

THE FLASH Season 2, Episode 10 Description; "Potential Energy"

JOE AND IRIS GET TO KNOW WALLY — Now that they’ve grown closer, Barry (Grant Gustin) considers telling Patty (guest star Shantel VanSanten) that he is The Flash. Meanwhile, Joe (Jesse L. Martin) and Iris (Candice Patton) try to get to know Wally (Keiynan Lonsdale), and the team hunts down a meta-human who can slow time itself. Rob Hardy directed the episode written by Bryan Q. Miller.

The Flash: The Reverse-Flash Returns Synopsis Released

January 26

“The Reverse-Flash Returns”

When Cisco (Carlos Valdes) gets a vibe of Eobard Thawne (guest star Matthew Letscher), Barry (Grant Gustin) and the team don’t believe it. But, after an attack at Mercury Labs, Christina McGee (guest star Amanda Pays) confirms that the Reverse Flash is back. Meanwhile, Iris (Candice Patton) and Francine (guest star Vanessa A. Williams) share a nice moment that brings Iris closer to her brother, Wally (Keiynan Lonsdale). Michael Allowitz directed the episode written by Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing.

:ohnoez:

Kevin Smith Will Direct An Upcoming Episode Of THE FLASH

:o

It's just been announced at the Television Critics Association’s press tour that director Kevin Smith (Clerks, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Mallrats The Walrus) will helm a future episode of The CW's The Flash. No other details were given, but his instalment of the incredibly popular small-screen take on DC's Fastest Man Alive is slated to air sometime in May.

He's a fan from the finale.

‘The Flash’: a Return to Gorilla City?

I also got the chance to ask if Gorilla City (Groddddddddd!) will make a reappearance this year, or if it was just a tease. Kreisberg said that it probably won’t be back this season, because they would like to do it as a multi-episode arc (and this year is all about Zoom).

“I would liken the Gorilla City thing to Ra’s al Ghul. You know, you hear about “the man from nanda part” in [Arrow] Season 1, and “the man who showed Malcolm the way,” and then you met Nyssa, then in Season 3 you met Ra’s. So, it’s a long-term thing.”