• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,574 posts in this topic

I wonder how Wally will get his powers? May have something to do with the speed formula they created on last nights episode.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wally_West

During a visit to the Central City police laboratory where Barry Allen worked, the freak accident that gave Allen his powers repeated itself, bathing West in electrically-charged chemicals.

Holy cow that was a great great show last night! (thumbs u

DC is kicking arse and taking names on TV! ;)

Dripping with superhero action! :eek:

Loved the bits of humor as well. lol

They're wrapping tonight on Arrow.

Can't wait! :eek:

You are not kidding about how fantastic this episode was. And it made it even better with a villain like Vandal Savage.

:whee:

And a new villain emerges.

EXCLUSIVE: Marco Grazzini Cast As Tar Pit In The Flash

Heroes Reborn actor Marco Grazzini will be appearing on an upcoming episode of The Flash as Joey Montelone (aka Tar Pit), ComicBook.com has learned exclusively.

Created by Geoff Johns and Scott Kolins, the character was introduced in 2001. A small-time drug trafficker, Monteleone discovered in jail that he could project his astral self out into the world to get in trouble. At one point, his spirit became trapped in an animated vat of tar, leaving Joey to walk the earth with a body made of flaming, molten asphalt while his physical form remained in a coma at Iron Heights Prison. In the comics, he not only runs afoul of The Flash, but also Captain Cold, who is rumored to be appearing in the mid-season finale of The Flash before moving on to DC’s Legends of Tomorrow in 2016.

tarpit-161344.jpg

tonight's arrow conclusion = WOW.

Outrunning everyone's death and time travelling past Vandal's beam was sweeeet. Reminded me a bit of Terminator or Days of Future Past D day type event.

I couldn't agree more. That was so fun to watch.

Holy cow that was a great great show last night! (thumbs u

DC is kicking arse and taking names on TV! ;)

Dripping with superhero action! :eek:

Loved the bits of humor as well. lol

They're wrapping tonight on Arrow.

Can't wait! :eek:

You are not kidding about how fantastic this episode was. And it made it even better with a villain like Vandal Savage.

:whee:

Last night on Arrow (2-part crossover conclusion) was the icing n the cake!

Love the way both Arrow and Flash add new characters to work with.Very well done :)

And bringing new characters in weekly is awsome! We wait years for a movie and these people are cranking stuff out at such a high level of quality in a fraction of time and money, it's smply wonderful.

Interesting. Could there be another Flash plot twist again?

The Flash: Was Eobard Thawne Secretly Harrison Wells?

Wells, of course, came and immediately had friction with Jay Garrick, driving the currently-powerless superhero away. He was also discovered fairly early on as having a secret: his daughter Jesse had been kidnapped by Zoom, and he needed the help of Team Flash to defeat Zoom so that he could return home to save her.

But what if he still has more secrets?

First of all, giving up the ghost on the Jesse Quick secret was no surprise; they weren't going to kep a hostage daughter just hanging out there indefinitely. Especially one who we all quietly expect to become a big part of Team Flash at some point.

That said, what if it was always planned to give up that piece of information, so that Barry and the rest could say, "Welp, we figured that one out! What's next?"

There's a popular theory going around that Henry Allen of Earth-2 is in fact Zoom. And while I'm not 100% sure I buy it, it does give me a jumping-off point for a crazy theory I'vebeen kicking around:

What if it was never Earth-1's Harrison Wells/Eobard Thawne at all this season? What if the video in the season premiere was recorded by the Harrison Wells of Earth-2 and brought over before the season started?

:o

Zoom is Earth 2's Barry. I'm pushing all in on this one.

Who Are the Other Speedsters in the DCU that Could Appear on The Flash

Max Mercury

gIAMnVl.jpg

A time-traveling speedster, Max Mercury gained his powers via a dying Indian shaman. Max has a deep understanding of the Speed Force and taught Jay Garrick, Johnny Quick and Wally West about the mysterious force that grants speedsters their powers. Occasionally, Mercury has tried to actually travel into the Speed Force, reaching speeds fast enough that he actually travels through time. Normally, Max can’t reach the same speeds as other speedsters, but does have greater agility and maneuverability that grants him an edge in battle. Max mentored Bart Allen for a time, hoping to teach him patience (with mixed results).

Maybe that would be another reason to have Constantine show up if mysticism becomes part of the show focus.

Who Are the Other Speedsters in the DCU that Could Appear on The Flash

Max Mercury

gIAMnVl.jpg

A time-traveling speedster, Max Mercury gained his powers via a dying Indian shaman. Max has a deep understanding of the Speed Force and taught Jay Garrick, Johnny Quick and Wally West about the mysterious force that grants speedsters their powers. Occasionally, Mercury has tried to actually travel into the Speed Force, reaching speeds fast enough that he actually travels through time. Normally, Max can’t reach the same speeds as other speedsters, but does have greater agility and maneuverability that grants him an edge in battle. Max mentored Bart Allen for a time, hoping to teach him patience (with mixed results).

Maybe that would be another reason to have Constantine show up if mysticism becomes part of the show focus.

hmhm

Maybe I should pick up a Flash #76 just in case lol

Great episode tonight!

I love how they used the Harley Quinn story from Villains Month / Forever Evil the other year in this episode (she wasn't in it but they used the idea) .

I wish things hadn't been so spoilery in previews. The most exciting part of the episode for me, the appearance of Wally at the end, was spoiled in passing in an article. I'm hoping that they somehow give him speed somewhere down the line, although not necessarily in this show. I'm a little wary of having multiple speedsters in the same universe all the time, though I'd love to see Jay and Barry truly team up.

I accidentally caught the start of the Flash\Arrow crossovers Monday night.

For those that follow the Golden Age thread, you are probably familiar with my Flash Comics Journal blog (click image below).

The Hawkman\Hawkgirl origins were exceptionally phenomenal.

Hawkman-and-Hawkgirl-in-DCs-Legends-of-Tomorrow-Header.jpg

The -script was inspired by Flash Comics #1:

Entry #8

“A hero ventures forth from the world of common day into a region of supernatural wonder: fabulous forces are there encountered and a decisive victory is won: the hero comes back from this mysterious adventure with the power to bestow boons on his fellow man.” -- Joseph Campbell. The Hero with a Thousand Faces.

Although Gardner Fox created the Hawkman ten years before Joseph Campbell’s book was released, the Hawkman represents Joseph Campbell’s hero.

Flash Comics #1:

0101_zps61fe9c03.jpg

I can’t help but think that the character of Carter Hall must have been self-reflective of the times. With war in Europe started in the autumn of 1939, he must have wrestled with a sense of helplessness in a world that is on a destructive course. A collector of exotic curios of the ancient world, frequent guest at socialite galas, he is ready to embark on a hero’s journey that will change his life forever.

0102_zps0aef08ac.jpg

I particularly like how Gardner Fox handles the mythological aspects of the story of the Hawkman origin. Making an Egyptian god blonde is right. The blending of different gods and goddesses further creates an American folk hero.

0103_zps49adda49.jpg

The ninth metal!

0104_zpse182d673.jpg

0105_zps31f95145.jpg

Quarterstaff, wings, hood, crossbow; we are introduced to one of the Hawkman’s mythos, the use of weapons of war.

0106_zps668c3787.jpg

Death Count = 1

Edited by tabcom