• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,574 posts in this topic

While I think the show is great with some incredible special effects, the must part see of this show each week is the slow unveiling of Harrison Wells and his real motivations.

Whether it be the Grodd flashback last week or the sudden reappearance of Reverse Flash this week the good Dr Wells seems to have his hand in all of it.

rantrant the weak of heart should not enter :eek:

They blew an opportunity to make that final super-sonic punch truly fantastic in my opinion. I was anticipating a great scene where he positively blew away Girder, but he only managed to stun him long enough for Iris to take him out. I'll leave it at that.

I consider myself a tough critic having read every Flash book from 105 to about 200, at least twice - and I don't expect this show to rise to the level where I'm going to be 100% happy - but they really got to do a little more to make him formidable. I mean it's so obvious he could have just charged Girder at super-speed, and carried him over water and dropped him into the sea. There are a bunch of things he could have done. My point is they have to use a little more logic and come up with better fight scenes. He ran from 3 fights this episode, and it's kind of hard to watch. Ok, that's my rant - I'm still overjoyed they're attempting it. I never imagined anyone could do it right. I'll keep watching and hoping it get's better and better.

They blew an opportunity to make that final super-sonic punch truly fantastic in my opinion. I was anticipating a great scene where he positively blew away Girder, but he only managed to stun him long enough for Iris to take him out. I'll leave it at that.

I consider myself a tough critic having read every Flash book from 105 to about 200, at least twice - and I don't expect this show to rise to the level where I'm going to be 100% happy - but they really got to do a little more to make him formidable. I mean it's so obvious he could have just charged Girder at super-speed, and carried him over water and dropped him into the sea. There are a bunch of things he could have done. My point is they have to use a little more logic and come up with better fight scenes. He ran from 3 fights this episode, and it's kind of hard to watch. Ok, that's my rant - I'm still overjoyed they're attempting it. I never imagined anyone could do it right. I'll keep watching and hoping it get's better and better.

I hear you Boba. I agree with alot of what you said. Having said that, I do think that some of the scenes that have Flash running around and getting ready to do whatever look like they're straight out of the pages of a comic. I love how they are doing that stylized slow-motion and simultaneous rotation.

BTW: If last night's episode wasn't evidence enough of Wells being Zoom I don't know what is....however:

How stupid is Wells to go after that cop right after they had that argument? There was NOBODY ELSE that even knew that they had that talk. It's not going to take a rocket scientist or any sort of scientist to figure out that there's at least a connection between Wells and reverse Flash after that incident. IMO Wells should cool his soup and stop acting like a nutbag

Alright, I know I'm starting to sound like a looney.....but I'm taking a look at the previously leaked set pictures of reverse Flash again:

F13.jpg

Alot of them aren't really clear enough to make out facial features, but I gotta be totally honest. It doesn't look like Professor Wells. It does look more like that cop that's trying to befriend Barry. That doesn't mean that Wells isn't dirty or that he doesn't have something to do with reverse Flash.....maybe the two are in cahoots.

HEY NOW!

Take a look see at who pops up again:

vlcsnap-2014-11-18-22h38m37s39_zpsf6aa5b13.png

Man, this show has the potential to be great and the potential to bomb. I'm really hoping it goes in the right direction.

Wish those geniuses would have figured a baseball bat or pipe is stronger than bone, maybe shoulda tried clocking the guy in the temple with that at 800mph

The Flash has the highest ratings on The CW. There is no way this doesn`t get a second season.

The Flash a CW ratings hit.

Alright, I know I'm starting to sound like a looney.....but I'm taking a look at the previously leaked set pictures of reverse Flash again:

F13.jpg

Alot of them aren't really clear enough to make out facial features, but I gotta be totally honest. It doesn't look like Professor Wells. It does look more like that cop that's trying to befriend Barry. That doesn't mean that Wells isn't dirty or that he doesn't have something to do with reverse Flash.....maybe the two are in cahoots.

Maybe a distant relative of the cop?

Was this posted anywhere?

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Flash-Getting-More-Powers-Soon-Here-Details-68480.html

"So far on The Flash, Barry Allen has accomplished impressive feats like running up a building and running on water, but his powers haven’t been used much for non-running uses (other than healing fast and disguising his voice). In the comics, Barry is capable of doing more with his powers than just running fast, and fortunately, future Flash episodes will delve into Barry’s extended power set.

According to executive producer Greg Berlanti, we will soon get to see time travel, which has been a crucial concept in Flash comics over the decades.

“That is the one that we deal with directly in the winter. We, obviously, hint at it from the pilot episode. That is a big — “theme” is the wrong word for it — but that is a big part of the DNA of who The Flash was, so we do deal with that.”

The series has been hinting at time travel since episode 1, most notably with series regular Harrison Wells, who seems to hail from the future and has traveled to the present for unknown reasons. Barry’s own time travel has been teased with his treadmill, indirectly referring to the Cosmic Treadmill from the comics, which Barry and Wally West used to travel precisely to a specific date. If time travel isn’t necessarily your thing, not to worry. Berlanti told TV Line that a variety of Barry’s abilities would be explored, though not necessarily right away.

“Oh, he has tons. Definitely. We’re holding back on some big ones still. He famously can phase through things. We haven’t seen him do that yet.”

In the comics, Barry is able to vibrate his molecules so fast that he can phase through solid objects. This makes tracking down criminals holed up in a hideout much easier, although when Wally West, who succeeded Barry as The Flash, was unable to phase through objects without making them explode. Barry’s other abilities range from creating vortexes with his arms to absorbing vast amounts of knowledge to stealing speed from other objects. He’s one multifaceted metahuman!

We're about to get into some serious spoilers for the comics, so click away if you don't want spoilers.

Another character from the Flash mythos that has similar abilities to Barry is Eobard Thawne, also known as Professor Zoom and The Reverse-Flash, who famously used time travel to ruin Barry’s life, specifically by going back and killing Barry’s mother as seen in The Flash: Rebirth. This particular plot is a driving force in the TV series, and viewers may be meeting the “man in the lightning” responsible for Nora Allen’s death soon.

In fact, the Dec. 9 episode of The Flash is titled “The Man in the Yellow Suit, and it is expected to introduce The Reverse-Flash... if the leaked set pictures of Barry fighting a man in a yellow Flash costume are any indication. It’s still unclear who will be wearing the yellow suit in the fall finale, although the two likeliest culprits are Eddie Thawne (going off the name similarity and his secret past) and Harrison Wells (going off his knowledge of the future). Then again, it may be a character that the show hasn’t introduced yet. Regardless, Barry will need these extra abilities if he’s going to take down his bizarre doppelgänger. Running fast won’t get the job done alone."

I hear you Boba. I agree with alot of what you said. Having said that, I do think that some of the scenes that have Flash running around and getting ready to do whatever look like they're straight out of the pages of a comic. I love how they are doing that stylized slow-motion and simultaneous rotation.

BTW: If last night's episode wasn't evidence enough of Wells being Zoom I don't know what is....however:

How stupid is Wells to go after that cop right after they had that argument? There was NOBODY ELSE that even knew that they had that talk. It's not going to take a rocket scientist or any sort of scientist to figure out that there's at least a connection between Wells and reverse Flash after that incident. IMO Wells should cool his soup and stop acting like a nutbag

I agree - a lot of good stuff there. (thumbs u

Alright...

Went deep into the Flash history. Wells may actually be Mazdan, a real old school villain from the 38th century accidentally sent to the 20th.

He tried to get tech to return home and whoop some .

Flash screws things up for him, yada yada.

Alright...

Went deep into the Flash history. Wells may actually be Mazdan, a real old school villain from the 38th century accidentally sent to the 20th.

He tried to get tech to return home and whoop some .

Flash screws things up for him, yada yada.

He 1st appeared in Showcase #4 too :o

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Showcase_Vol_1_4

what i'm liking about the show is that we are seening the beginning of his powers and learning how to use his powers and finding the confesses to try new things. did anybody catch the firestorm refernces in the show.

THE FLASH: Greg Berlanti Talks 'Gorilla Grodd', Time Travel, And A New Costume

"I wouldn’t say teased," The Flash executive producer Greg Berlanti told TV Line in a recent interview when asked about Gorilla Grodd's recent appearance in The CW series and whether they're just teasing us with an appearance rather than planning anything definite. "I would say we’re going to deal with it this year. The comparison I make is a little bit to Slade the first year on Arrow in the sense of we started with the mask in the pilot and then we saw which way we were going. He was, ultimately, in the back half of that first season even more than we would ever do with Grodd this first year because… We’re going to have to get the technology right and all the stuff right to make it look and feel real. But a lot of times, we do this stuff not as a tease as much as a challenge to ourselves of, “Can we do it?” Grodd’s definitely one of those, so we hope we pull it off." Talking of teasers, he was then asked about whether or not we'll see any additional powers from Barry as he continues to hone his skills. "Definitely. We’re holding back on some big ones still. He famously can phase through things. We haven’t seen him do that yet."

Just watched the episode. Both of the issues in spoiler tags irritated me.

I have my :popcorn: waiting for episode 9

Wells is Hunter Zolomon, the second reverse Flash, with a few tweaks, instead of wally, they are using him with Barry.

In the show, he will have had an "accident" with Grood that gave him his powers. (Just like the books, with the Grood and cosmic treadmill accident, this is why Grood is in the show)

He came back in time killed Barrys mother to "make him a better hero" through tragedy. When it comes to the reverse flash, Eddie is the first, but Hunter is worse.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Hunter_Zolomon_(New_Earth)

I like the show, but it reminds me more and more of Smallville.

Same guy wants girl storyline, same freak of the week, same smart and technical friends backing him, and "the streak" as opposed to "the blur", and the special effects are identical.

I like the show, but it reminds me more and more of Smallville.

Same guy wants girl storyline, same freak of the week, same smart and technical friends backing him, and "the streak" as opposed to "the blur", and the special effects are identical.

I think that is in there to appeal to their demographic, but I also think it'll get better as time passes. They have a heck of a lot more skin in the superhero game then Smallville, which only nibbled around the edges of it until close to the end of the series. They already are changing to calling him the Flash, and there's plans fOr some totally full-tilt superhero vs super villain battles. And then there's Grodd, Time-Travel, Zoom . . . well you see where I'm going. There's a lot on the menu. We got to stick with it.

I am enjoying this show. I can't say I ever read any flash comics-- mostly due to having Marvel blinders on when I was a kid. Had I known that the Flash had all these powers, I might have gotten into his books (I'm big into anything involving time travel). I always just thought of him as a guy who could run fast.

On the other hand, knowing nothing about his abilities or the story lines etc lets the show be fresh for some of us.

I do agree with some posts here about the absolutely annoying sexual tension BS that they seem to need to throw into everything these days. I sometimes wonder who that is for-- is it to try to keep women interested in the show who aren't into the whole super powers being enough?

Wells is Hunter Zolomon, the second reverse Flash, with a few tweaks, instead of wally, they are using him with Barry.

In the show, he will have had an "accident" with Grood that gave him his powers. (Just like the books, with the Grood and cosmic treadmill accident, this is why Grood is in the show)

He came back in time killed Barrys mother to "make him a better hero" through tragedy. When it comes to the reverse flash, Eddie is the first, but Hunter is worse.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Hunter_Zolomon_(New_Earth)

+1

I think nit-picking the first time he's tried his sonic punch is :screwy:

They're building him up, give them a chance to do it. Not everyone out in TV Land reads comic books, so origins have to be told.

What I want to know is, who pays for all those windows that Barry broke while ramping up to sonic speed? (shrug)

Still watching the show although Gotham remains at the top of list ahead of this and Arrow.

Spoiler Question in case you haven't seen the last episode -

When Flash is carrying Plastique over the water to dump her body - how does she not burn up at that speed? The close up shows her hair gently blowing. Maybe an easy answer, just curious.