• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,574 posts in this topic

Still watching the show although Gotham remains at the top of list ahead of this and Arrow.

Spoiler Question in case you haven't seen the last episode -

When Flash is carrying Plastique over the water to dump her body - how does she not burn up at that speed? The close up shows her hair gently blowing. Maybe an easy answer, just curious.

I think.....

Flash's speed wasn't as fast as to not trigger Pastique's into an early detonation. As for her hair/face/body glowing... well I think it was her only body building up to detonate. Remember those small balls that she threw at the General and his men, they were glowing the same way

Again, I think......

Still watching the show although Gotham remains at the top of list ahead of this and Arrow.

Spoiler Question in case you haven't seen the last episode -

When Flash is carrying Plastique over the water to dump her body - how does she not burn up at that speed? The close up shows her hair gently blowing. Maybe an easy answer, just curious.

I think.....

Flash's speed wasn't as fast as to not trigger Pastique's into an early detonation. As for her hair/face/body glowing... well I think it was her only body building up to detonate. Remember those small balls that she threw at the General and his men, they were glowing the same way

Again, I think......

Wasn't thinking of her detonating as much as just the friction causing disintegration. Could a normal human body withstand that much friction?

Gawd - just asking these questions and trying to make sense out of a comic book TV shows how much a nerd I am lol

I am enjoying this show. I can't say I ever read any flash comics-- mostly due to having Marvel blinders on when I was a kid. Had I known that the Flash had all these powers, I might have gotten into his books (I'm big into anything involving time travel). I always just thought of him as a guy who could run fast.

On the other hand, knowing nothing about his abilities or the story lines etc lets the show be fresh for some of us.

I do agree with some posts here about the absolutely annoying sexual tension BS that they seem to need to throw into everything these days. I sometimes wonder who that is for-- is it to try to keep women interested in the show who aren't into the whole super powers being enough?

This was the best episode yet. I am onboard again. (thumbs u

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Wells is Zoom/Hunter Zolomon and Eddie is Eobard Thawne's 21st century ancestor?

Wells - is Grodd - telepathically manipulating people to see him as human. Zoom = way too obvious - more likely that Eddie is zoom. Wells probably died in the event. Would explain him standing in front of people and no explanation.

Edited by W16227

Or he's Zoom and is faking the injury.

We already know he's faking it, we saw him get out of the wheelchair. (shrug)

Interesting concept, that Well's could be Grodd cloaked in illusion,

but I don't know, that may be a little too out there. hm

Or he's Zoom and is faking the injury.

We already know he's faking it, we saw him get out of the wheelchair. (shrug)

Interesting concept, that Well's could be Grodd cloaked in illusion,

but I don't know, that may be a little too out there. hm

I like this theory, demonstrated intelligence, and it would be good for the show's budget to be able to show Grodd as a human more than a gorilla. (thumbs u

The Grodd theory is interesting and would be a *great* twist, but we've already seen evidence that Wells has knowledge of future events in Flash's life. This strongly suggests that he's got to have some form of time travel available to him. Other than Professor Zoom, how many time travelling villains are there to choose from?

The Grodd theory is interesting and would be a *great* twist, but we've already seen evidence that Wells has knowledge of future events in Flash's life. This strongly suggests that he's got to have some form of time travel available to him. Other than Professor Zoom, how many time travelling villains are there to choose from?

Abra Kadabra from the 64th Century.

He'd be at the top of my list as who Dr Wells really is.

They even look alike!

th_abra.jpg

th_abra2.jpg

Then we have other non-flash Rogues Gallery time-travelling villains like Vandal Savage, Chronos, Time Trapper and Monarch.

Definitely a strong resemblance...

Personally, I'm leaning to towards Wells being an older, alternate reality version of Barry who came back after the Crisis on Infinite Earths to shape Barry into the hero that he (Wells) hadn't become.

Personally, I'm leaning to towards Wells being an older, alternate reality version of Barry who came back after the Crisis on Infinite Earths to shape Barry into the hero that he (Wells) hadn't become.

Let's not forget this guy slipped a blade into a mans chest and killed him in cold blood. I'm not sure why Barry Allen would do that. It's also puzzling why the same guy that did this supposedly invented the technology that gave Flash his powers. It's very confusing to me, this evidence of both good and evil intentions.

I'm not buying the Hunter Zolomon / Wells connection.

Hunter has more history with Wally West and the lack of 'personal tragedy', whereas Barry has a heap of it already.

He may be someone completely created for the show and not someone anyone is familiar with ala Fish Mooney from Gotham style.

He's CLEARLY from the future. He DEFINITELY is a bad guy. He know's MUCH about Barry's potential abilitites....considering he knows that Barry can run faster than Barry or any of the team thinks he can. He's obviously being protective for some unknown reason but it's obvious he wants or needs Barry for some purpose. Beyond that, it's all speculative....including my suggestion of Mazdan.

As far as the 'body double' or whatever not looking like Wells or the cop Thawne....I don't think you can dismiss the fact that his face is EASY to see in the picture I previously linked....and that there's not much 'action' going on whilst Barry is on the floor with the Reverse Flash standing over him taunting/gloating.

That facial expression is unmistakable and it definitely doesn't appear to be Wells. Wells is pretty skinny from top to bottom, whereas the pictured Reverse Flash appears a bit top heavier with muscle...and his legs are noticeably smaller. Nonethless, the face gives it away that it's 100% not Wells in that suit.

It COULD be Thawne the cop......but even that guy doesn't have the right build.

I'm also not buying that Wells is Vandal Savage. That guy has ALOT of better things to do than tool on the Flash and stay rooted in one place. He's immortal for one....so that doesn't really put him in the "I went into the future and came back with a newspaper to chap the Flash with" category. Nor does he really need the wheelchair ruse. He's also typically portrayed as being more muscular, gruff and 'manly' since he was a caveman to start. I'd at least expect him to have some facial hair.

Hmmmm, maybe Well's was somehow involved in the creation of Zoom's powers, but then he was brought to and trapped in the past by the reverse-Flash, and he's created the present day Flash so he can get back to his time? I know, a stretch, but when you mentioned that he's " . . . obviously being protective for some unknown reason but it's obvious he wants or needs Barry for some purpose . . . " it got me to thinking maybe he really needs him to get back to his own time.

. . . and maybe Zoom brought him to the past to destroy Flash before he was created - hence killing his mom. doh!

Let's not forget this guy slipped a blade into a mans chest and killed him in cold blood. I'm not sure why Barry Allen would do that. It's also puzzling why the same guy that did this supposedly invented the technology that gave Flash his powers. It's very confusing to me, this evidence of both good and evil intentions.

That's why I'm going with the "alternate reality" version of Barry. My thinking is that Wells/Barry didn't become the hero he wanted to (as evidenced by his somewhat "amoral" activities). After arranging to vanish during the Crisis, he began working to change events so that this Barry *would* become a great hero.

And to avoid the whole temporal paradox issue, Wells/Barry would have to come from one of the alternate Earths rather than being a straight up 20-years-from-the-future Barry.

The big flaw in my theory is that it draws on the Crisis / parallel Earths requirement, which may be well beyond the scope of the TV series...

Edited by Loki

-- My thought process -

Grodd - always the schemer - is using Star labs to gather the "new" villains up - not to imprison them, but to make a new team (Legion of DOOM!!!)

From a recruitment standpoint - he is using Barry to do the dirty work. Why risk himself - when he can send his new "toy" out to take the risks. He could also be grooming him to turn bad at some later date.

They keep showing the Grodd cage - and the connection to Wells. In my head (not a place you want to visit) - I am thinking that Wells was killed during the event - and Grodd was amplified at the same time. Since they had extended contact - Grodd was able to mimic him easily.

Another option would be that Wells lived - and Grodd is still at star running everything remotely. Or reverse it - and Grodd is impersonating him, but keeping Wells alive in the basement to help with memories if needed.

As far as knowing the future elements- Grood working with zoom makes sense (or he read zooms mind). Would also explain how Zoom then knew the investigation was still open.

Why the chair? - well a gorilla is not small. People tend to give someone in a chair room to maneuver. Keeps them at a distance. Bigger entrances, vans with open areas, --- lots of "room" for that big frame. Chairs are heavy too - helping again to disguise the mass.

As for him standing - I thought it REALLY strange that he stood up in front of Catlin and Cisco with no reaction. They could just be accomplices in a larger scheme - but that is one big secret to contain. Plus - Cisco seems to be too much of a fanboy to be "evil".

Eddie - is the strange character to me. He is a detective. Detectives are not stupid and are trained to investigate (lol - in a perfect world) ---

In the last episode - he just saw too many off things (for me) - to NOT want to ask questions. It takes a LOT of power to knock a golder off of a mounted heavy bag - and someone who trains on one would know it. He is helping Barry get better - (like wells) - but why? Hey - you are my girlfriends best friend who is male - lets be buddies? The comments on "improving speed" - just seems too snarky to not be intentional.

of course- I wear a tinfoil hat to prevent MLB from reading my thoughts too......

later