• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,574 posts in this topic

The pet peeve of mine is that for 2 episodes in a row people punch Barry at normal speed and he can't dodge it, but then he can easily dodge bullets right after.

I agree with you. I'm waiting to see him really use his super-speed powers to do some tricky things, not just run away or around things. The last Avenger's movie had a scene with Quicksilver that so far was better than anything I've seen so far in the Flash. I'm a big fan, but I'm really getting antsy. I want to see him start to really use all of the powers efficiently.

But like I myself have said, we need to give it time. :wishluck:

Yes, of course we need to give it time (by it, I assume you mean the show). Every show takes time to get all details and nuances figured out.

But more than that, we need to give him more time. (Perhaps, this is what you meant any way). His powers are very new to him, and it will take quite some time for him to see/learn how and when to use them more effectively.

Geoff Johns talks DC Film and TV

Geoff Johns in an interview with Buzzfeed actually explains that they are more connected than thought, "We look at it as the multiverse. We have our TV universe and our film universe, but they all co-exist."

Johns said they haven't ruled anything completely out, "There’s been discussions over the years for both, obviously. You never say never. Maybe one day we’ll link a show to a film if it makes sense, but the creative process we’re going through right now is to let the stuff live and breathe and be its own thing and own it."

The pet peeve of mine is that for 2 episodes in a row people punch Barry at normal speed and he can't dodge it, but then he can easily dodge bullets right after.

That's so easy to explain that I didn't even bother dwelling on it when I watched it.

He's still getting used to his new circumstances - including both the fact that he is facing off criminals (which he is not used to, and therefore not anticipating their violent moves) as well as the fact that he is getting used to his superpowers and how and when he can/should use them.

Not in the instance Im thinking of (unless Im remembering it wrong?)

In the 2nd episode he's fighting the guy that splits into 6 people. I think at this time Barry knew what was up with the guy, and they showed it took a few seconds for him to multiply (enough time for Barry to run a mile)

It was basically 6 average guys throwing punches and he couldnt dodge them, which is silly. He had enough time to go have dinner somewhere and come back. Then when one of the duplicates decides to shoot Barry he decides to get up (after getting beat up) and now he dodges a bullet, when he couldnt dodge an average punch while fresh.

So he was expecting violent moves from the guy as he went after him (so that reasoning doesnt work). Your reasoning of not knowing how his powers work also doesnt hold- as he doesnt know how to dodge a slow punch, but seconds later knows how to dodge a bullet? Plus, whether a punch or bullet is coming at him, I'm sure he knows its time to use his powers

And that is exactly the same instance that I was talking about.

He is still young, and inexperienced, in general in life and with his powers.

In life, for all people, you and I and every one else, fear paralyzes us. He is brave in many ways, but we cannot expect him to be fearless under all circumstances. And certainly not yet, when he does not yet have the confidence or understanding of his full power (not even close).

If you disagree, I understand.

But that is exactly how I viewed it. Not only did it make so much sense to me, it was actually very refreshing to see that the show writers were taking so much care with character development (and in so many other ways too) and were building in so much natural-ness (is that a word?). They are not making him one-dimensional, but with layers, with learning and growth.

Well, while we may disagree on that it looks like we agree that the show is worth watching currently. I know I'm kinda excited for each episode.

Just saw something posted today- that Grodd will be appearing soon most likely (?). Another reason to get all worked up for this show.

http://nerdreactor.com/2014/10/23/gorilla-grodd-the-flash/

I hope he's done right though. Bad CGI or a goofy suit could really put a damper on the show.

:applause:

This show is awesome. Just finished the third episode - and as a non-DC guy (I'm unfamiliar with most minor characters) it's actually kind of fun to watch and discover who each person is. I really like the villain-of-the-week format - it's a lot of fun. It won't always be that way, I'm sure - but for right now, I think it's the best superhero show on TV.

This show is awesome. Just finished the third episode - and as a non-DC guy (I'm unfamiliar with most minor characters) it's actually kind of fun to watch and discover who each person is. I really like the villain-of-the-week format - it's a lot of fun. It won't always be that way, I'm sure - but for right now, I think it's the best superhero show on TV.

+1 I am really enjoying the show. My wife watches because she loves the Character of Joe from his Law and Order days.

"Wheelchair guy" may also be Vandal Savage, no?

He is immortal and has been known to time-travel.

Hmmm, that's a new one to me hm

I was thinking Vandal Savage too maybe, but he's never been as fixated on Flash as this guy.

+1

+1 I am really enjoying the show. My wife watches because she loves the Character of Joe from his Law and Order days.

I was trying to remember where that guy was from without resorting to IMDB. I knew he looked familiar!

R6xvez0.jpg

Malese Jow Joins The Cast Of THE FLASH As New Love Interest For 'Barry Allen'

The official description for this version reveals that she is, "a quick-witted reporter for the Central City Picture News. She befriends Iris (Candice Patton) while at work and helps her navigate the fast-paced world of journalism. When she meets Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) at a local bar, the two hit it off and become quick friends."

The official description for this version reveals that she is, "a quick-witted reporter for the Central City Picture News. She befriends Iris (Candice Patton) while at work and helps her navigate the fast-paced world of journalism. When she meets Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) at a local bar, the two hit it off and become quick friends....(with benefits) :wink: "

So at the beginning of this 4th episode when they said "previously on Flash"... they showed that Felicity chick talking with the girl at Star Labs- what episode was that on? I don't remember seeing her before (unless that was from Arrow?)

Yes, I believe it WAS on Arrow