• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dallas Comicon (Fan Expo Dallas) -- May 29-31, 2015

178 posts in this topic

Just for everyone's FYI plan to do some work to coordinate signings with Wizard World Philadelphia, Comicpolooza, and Fan Expo Dallas to have books cast signed by the Gotham crew. In total would give someone the ability to have a cast signed 9 signature book.

Cary Elwes added, plus Henry Simmons (AOS) and Drew Powell (Gotham). A Star Trek guest is being teased for next week.

Hoping for some more comic guests.....

I think it's fairly clear at this point that Fan Expo is aspiring to the Wizard model of celeb guests first and foremost, and comic guests are a lower priority. I'm still hopeful for more announcements too, but am guessing the splashy names are in place by now.

I hope they are not focusing just on the celeb side of the show. It's seems that their Canada show had a strong comic line up last year. If they do focus on the celeb side first this will make Alamo city the preeminent show for artist, writers, and creators in the state of Texas.

Last year was split well between comic and Celeb's but most comic guests weren't added until close to the show. I know J.Scott Campbell, David Finch, and even Mark Bagley were all late guests as well as Slott. I think they are still really early compared to last years rush to get guests. Currently the only show's they are competing with for now are some toy show in North Carolina and something in Myrtle Beach I think. Biggest issue though for me is that they have a weekend show the weekend before in Houston (Comicpolooza) with already a hell of a good lineup. Should make it tiresome for some con goers but if they can beef up the line-up should still be solid.

Last year was split well between comic and Celeb's but most comic guests weren't added until close to the show. I know J.Scott Campbell, David Finch, and even Mark Bagley were all late guests as well as Slott. I think they are still really early compared to last years rush to get guests. Currently the only show's they are competing with for now are some toy show in North Carolina and something in Myrtle Beach I think. Biggest issue though for me is that they have a weekend show the weekend before in Houston (Comicpolooza) with already a hell of a good lineup. Should make it tiresome for some con goers but if they can beef up the line-up should still be solid.

I don't know the numbers, but was it an issue last year, when they were on consecutive weekends? Dallas had Firefly and Houston had Agents of SHIELD. Both were pretty busy.

Last year Dallas was really packed but I have to say that for the most part Houston was less so and easy to traverse especially for the size of the building. The Celebs got all of the attention on Saturday but was able to get everything signed and completed on Friday for the exception of books that were mailed to me and weren't received until Saturday. This years fun is going to be with getting the Gotham multi-sig books done. I have an exhibitors pass ready but will have to purchase the Gotham ticket simply to ensure every book is taken care of quickly and upfront. This was needed last year with the Agents of Shield as Clark Gregg and the cast had to leave during the middle of the signing for a panel and even then when they were done didn't stay long enough to knock everyone out.