• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dallas Comicon (Fan Expo Dallas) -- May 29-31, 2015

178 posts in this topic

Anyone want to sell a ticket or two?

I reckon the box office has loads of them.

What are you talking about, the cosplay guests obviously overjoyed masses and.... I can't even finish this with a straight face.

What are you talking about, the cosplay guests obviously overjoyed masses and.... I can't even finish this with a straight face.

lol

My daughter has been excited for the last year to return to Dallas and I wished I shared her enthusiasm (she loves seeing the cosplay). Comicpalooza is looking far better than Dallas this year IMO. Will most likely be my last trip to the Dallas show since Comicpalooza is local and looking better and better each year.

Does Comicpalooza have a thread or any boardie events?

lol

My daughter has been excited for the last year to return to Dallas and I wished I shared her enthusiasm (she loves seeing the cosplay). Comicpalooza is looking far better than Dallas this year IMO. Will most likely be my last trip to the Dallas show since Comicpalooza is local and looking better and better each year.

Does Comicpalooza have a thread or any boardie events?

Can't seem to find a thread on Comicpalooza, which is really surprising...

I enjoy these Dallas shows, and we generally do well selling at them. That said, I didn't make it to the inaugural show at the DCC last year so I'm not sure what to expect crowd-wise or sales-wise. I am definitely disappointed in the comic side of the guest list. While there are some creators I'm excited about (I'm totally getting a Layton sketch), the list is seriously lacking depth and has too many repeats. I love Wrightson and Stan Lee, but they've each done 3-4 appearances in the last five years. Of course, they did rebrand the show without the word comic in the name, so this may be the shape of things to come...

Hopefully we'll see some late additions.......... I don't imagine we're done with cancellations.

I've got money on Morena Baccarin canceling. I think in the 12 shows I have attended that she was suppose to attend shes backed out of all but one. Last year she canceled at the last moment so that's my guess.

I just want to say I *spooning* called it... I honestly hate this woman.

3D8CA982-5653-4C24-946D-47A8780A01E2.png_zpsppz0eawt.jpeg

Hopefully we'll see some late additions.......... I don't imagine we're done with cancellations.

I've got money on Morena Baccarin canceling. I think in the 12 shows I have attended that she was suppose to attend shes backed out of all but one. Last year she canceled at the last moment so that's my guess.

We've talked about her. I've checked every single day since I bought tickets. She's one of two I need to finish off my Firefly stuff, and I think I've tried SEVEN times. I'm not pleased. . . but I'll have a good time when I get there.

Oh, well. I'm still going to have fun.

Comicpalooza's line-up is looking great overall. The thing is, I tried to plot out a "plan of attack," and was shocked when I realized that I could probably meet everyone I'd like to meet in just a couple of hours each on Friday/Saturday/Sunday. The only reason I'm going every day, is because half of the people I'd like to meet are only there for one day. . .

Sorry man, I know what it's like to be kicked in the nuts repeatedly by a guest that keeps cancelling. I think she'll be in Chicago, are you doing that show this year?

Maybe i missed it but is anyone facilitating?

I'll be there if you need anything done although it will be for CGC as a witness. I would get ahold of either dscott or HankPym for anything for those two conventions.

For whatever reason all of the DFW shows seem to be VERY Whovian friendly. It's not my cup of tea but great I guess for those fans.

+1. And normally whovians are not at all interested in comics. I bought a bunch of the newer dr who comics recently to test a theory, and we will see if it pans out.....

Cary Elwes cancelled for Denver too. Wonder what's up?

Site said "professional commitments" so it is likely that he just got a job that paid better than sitting behind a table in Dallas all weekend.

Matt Smith added!

That name will certainly keep the Whovians happy. For a second I got excited, then realized I was thinking about Jeff Smith, not Matt.

They're not so happy tonight.