• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
55 55

8,622 posts in this topic

jackpotcomics

I guess Friday night/Sat am he made and offer which I accepted on a lot of 3 RWBY 7, he paid that night but just now canceled order

bummer as it was an offer to a few watchers and now I have to relist, was hot and I feel like he took advantage. so blocked.

On 3/27/2022 at 4:00 PM, Bird said:

jackpotcomics

I guess Friday night/Sat am he made and offer which I accepted on a lot of 3 RWBY 7, he paid that night but just now canceled order

bummer as it was an offer to a few watchers and now I have to relist, was hot and I feel like he took advantage. so blocked.

I had a buyer ask to cancel on me too and had to relist, he said he couldn't figure out PayPal credit (which isn't my responsibility) but I did it for him. I don't want to be one of those petty sellers who insists someone who clearly isn't going to pay has to, wanted to just get it back up. Sometimes people really are clueless, at least he didn't try to rip off.

The weirder part is that someone messaged me and said I needed to put an explanation in my relist as to why it's back up- he thinks it appears as if I'm trying to double sell an item I no longer have. This seems self explanatory, it would be delusional to me to put some long explanation in the item description as if the 30 or so watchers even care or can't figure it out...

On 3/24/2022 at 11:54 PM, The Green Ghost said:

Would love to speak to a mod about this but want to get ahead of the situation- having an issue with a seller who got mad at me (or is clearly unstable) and sent me an empty box for a book worth several thousand dollars. He knew exactly what he was doing. It's currently under review by eBay but the situation is obviously distressing, and no one wants to be doxxed the other way around- the seller clearly knows that me claiming I got an empty box looks like I'm trying to scam *him*, and is trying to work it. I got a message from someone who wanted to buy one of my items off of eBay who happens to live in the exact same city as him, so could use any and all advice on how to protect myself. Thank you.

Call your credit card that you used to make the purchase, explain to them the situation and do a charge back.  ebay most of the time will be forced to rule in the buyer's favor.  unless the seller has adequate proof to counter yours. 

ebay is 100% safe for buyers.  You can usually get your money back 99.99% of the time for problem or mistakes by the seller.

On 3/28/2022 at 4:51 AM, Msgarmar said:

Courgra-9913

Canada

This person sent an offer on a book which I accepted and then messaged me the next day to say he meant to offer $500 less and to cancel the order. Other recent review says it’s a scam. 

courgra-9913  .... all lower case, like the morals of this scammer

karikhiar_0

Complete scammer, Buyer bought an Alpha Flight 12 CGC 9.8, then opens a return with a picture of an empty box, report to eBay and ebay told me not to worry, then they side with the buyer, now I'm out the book and the money. Complete crook.  He needs to be added to everyone's block list  

On 3/29/2022 at 8:49 AM, Kevin76 said:

karikhiar_0

Complete scammer, Buyer bought an Alpha Flight 12 CGC 9.8, then opens a return with a picture of an empty box, report to eBay and ebay told me not to worry, then they side with the buyer, now I'm out the book and the money. Complete crook.  He needs to be added to everyone's block list  

Be thankful you didn't sell him an FF #1.

Still ... ROAD TRIP!!

On 3/28/2022 at 1:30 AM, Gaard said:

@The Green GhostAny update on the empty case dispute?

I'm going to call eBay tomorrow and hopefully get my money back. The scamming seller hasn't made one reply to the open return dispute, which is pretty much proof positive that he knows what he did. I'll name him as soon as it's resolved, on the off-chance he decides to make it right on its own. I'm more worried about the fact that he's sending messages to try to buy my item off eBay under a different name, it's just baffling and makes me paranoid about selling myself.

Contacting eBay and keeping a clear log of event timelines is great, but I also think you should be filing a formal police report.  What this seller did is against the law and he or she committed a federal offense for mail fraud.  A formal police report does have weight in this circumstance and has actually either made eBay step up to the plate and cover the loss or even have the offending character state that they made a mistake.  I would highly suggest this too for @Kevin76

On 3/29/2022 at 5:30 PM, The Green Ghost said:

I'm going to call eBay tomorrow and hopefully get my money back. The scamming seller hasn't made one reply to the open return dispute, which is pretty much proof positive that he knows what he did. I'll name him as soon as it's resolved, on the off-chance he decides to make it right on its own. I'm more worried about the fact that he's sending messages to try to buy my item off eBay under a different name, it's just baffling and makes me paranoid about selling myself.

Hmmm. Exactly how does Ebay handle 'he said/he said' situations? If they side with the  buyer (the returner in this case),  doesn't that mean every buyer on Ebay is at risk (because the seller can just send an empty box)? If they side with @The Green Ghost, doesn't that open the door for all scammers who claim "he never sent it"?

On 3/29/2022 at 4:43 PM, Mapleleafvann said:

Contacting eBay and keeping a clear log of event timelines is great, but I also think you should be filing a formal police report.  What this seller did is against the law and he or she committed a federal offense for mail fraud.  A formal police report does have weight in this circumstance and has actually either made eBay step up to the plate and cover the loss or even have the offending character state that they made a mistake.  I would highly suggest this too for @Kevin76

I'm making the police report. Unbelievably, eBay would not connect me to a supervisor so I'm waiting for a call back. Got the same advice from the lower level rep in the high claims department, so that's what I'm doing. Apparently he jumped the gun to escalate the claim (after waiting the entire days and refusing to appeal) that I made the whole thing up, so eBay has put it under review for another four days without getting in touch with me. Pretty frustrating, as the advice I got every time was wait to call and speak to a supervisor, don't just escalate the claim online. 

At which point do I name him? I keep waiting for eBay to rule because I'm wary of doxxing. I'm worried he's on this forum and monitoring the thread, but he's clearly got a screw loose and has done so many illegal things thus far including felony theft.

Edit: eBay has sent a message that I need to file an incident report with the police and scan it and they will rule in my favor. No problem. Spoke to my local station and they couldn't have been nicer about facilitating this. Hopefully it will all work out at this point. I got a message from eBay warning me for abusive buyer policy, no big mystery as to who instigated that, but whatever. Just frustrating I didn't get to give my side to a rep after waiting five days to escalate the claim. I have no idea if a police report is standard procedure in these situations or I'm being singled out, but was doing it anyway after the advice from multiple people.

Edited by The Green Ghost

I don't think you name names yet.  A formal police report and case number is imperative for your position.  Escalation or not, ensure that eBay knows you will provide them with one.  Please be sure to document the name of the eBay rep you are talking to as well as the details of your conversation and time stamp it via personal email to yourself with the above.  This is just another layer of protection, but it has its worth in weight as well.

On 3/30/2022 at 5:06 PM, Mapleleafvann said:

I don't think you name names yet.  A formal police report and case number is imperative for your position.  Escalation or not, ensure that eBay knows you will provide them with one.  Please be sure to document the name of the eBay rep you are talking to as well as the details of your conversation and time stamp it via personal email to yourself with the above.  This is just another layer of protection, but it has its worth in weight as well.

I couldn't even get on the line with them today and they just sent me an informal email that I must upload the incident report if I want the refund (which seems like them taking the side of the guy, this is not normal protocol) but I will, thanks. Doesn't hurt to be protected and the police report is probably a necessary step for me if not eBay.

eBay really did not handle it well; it's not the fault of the original supervisor, but telling me to call on the day it's time to ask them to step in, and then refusing to even give me a call back because the other guy initiated the escalation at midnight and sides were apparently chosen when he couldn't provide one answer during the entire five day return window, is so lame. It was like pulling teeth getting a supervisor on the phone at all.

On 3/27/2022 at 7:00 PM, Bird said:

jackpotcomics

so I broke this lot up and listed one copy

it sold this afternoon after some back and forth about packing

he asked to cancel just now :pullhair: found a cheaper copy

we had some back and forth and now he'll take it

I trust it will go fine from here but cancelling over remorse on finding it cheaper is going to make me loss my chit

Edited by Bird