• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
52 52

8,720 posts in this topic

ediel726 - made an offer, I accepted, asked about combining shipping and I said yes I did, then ghosted and never paid with no communication.

nicoco1404 - asked if I could make a combined listing with a bunch of vintage Joe stuff at a significant discount. I did, then he complained the shipping was too high on the domestic end...I reduced it. Then he didn't immediately pay. 16 hours later, he canceled saying it was all too expensive.

Add this guys to your list.

mhammerm

Won my auction today and immediately messages me to cancel.  He even threw in a snarky statement saying he's going to return the books if I don't agree to cancel it.  Looking at the feedback he gives to other people, I may have dodged a bullet.  There's nothing but a sea of red negatives on his feedback to others.  How has this guy not gotten banned yet?!

On 7/13/2024 at 9:43 PM, Escaflown41 said:

Add this guys to your list.

mhammerm

Won my auction today and immediately messages me to cancel.  He even threw in a snarky statement saying he's going to return the books if I don't agree to cancel it.  Looking at the feedback he gives to other people, I may have dodged a bullet.  There's nothing but a sea of red negatives on his feedback to others.  How has this guy not gotten banned yet?!

Please make sure you report him by using the form process. Only affected Sellers can do it. And mention the prior pattern of abuse, along with the latest attempt at extortion. Time to whack a mole with a knockout blow.

brhu_8098

Hit a BIN on a $40 item, immediately PM'd me asking me to send it to a different address. Then, within the same minute asks me to please acknowledge this. 

I immediately reply no-can-do, feebay doesn't allow that and suggested he contact feebay to resolve the issue. 

He immediately replies saying that his PayPal address is what needs to be changed and "they" told him to ask for a cancel and then he can change his address. 

I say ok

He quickly sends a few more messages saying sorry and how much he wants this book. 

So tell him that I will approve the cancellation and automatically relist the item (which had 8 watchers btw). 

I cancel item and relist. 

<crickets> 

A day later I PM him saying it's been relisted, he can purchase it now. 

<more crickets>

Another day later I PM him again saying it's relisted if he's interested. 

<more crickets>

Thanks for wasting my time and dumping 8 people off the watch list for the item :makepoint:

Just added this user to my blocked list:

jayaze-12 

Sent me this message

"Change the price to 70 and I will get it, ebay is not letting me accept the offer for 69.99" 

I don´t see the word "please" so i checked his feedback . He has 14 feedback and has already left two negs to another sellers . Red flag 

Edited by Mijael.Levy

On 7/15/2024 at 3:01 PM, jcjames said:

Thanks for wasting my time and dumping 8 people off the watch list for the item :makepoint:

eBay used to send you a message saying, "An item you were watching has been relisted."

I'm not sure if they still do this but that used to be what they did.

On 7/16/2024 at 4:38 AM, Chip Cataldo said:

eBay used to send you a message saying, "An item you were watching has been relisted."

That might be true. 

It sold after three days so it's all good on my end, except for the waste of PM'ing. 

On 7/16/2024 at 7:38 AM, Chip Cataldo said:

They still do. I got one today for an item I missed on my watchlist

On 7/22/2024 at 12:00 PM, FlyingDonut said:
No description available.

Hello flying-donut,
Thanks for letting us know about the negative feedback you received from walnei82 on 2024-07-21 16:58:58-0700 for (355834429174) Detective Comics 346 Silver Age Batman!.

We’re happy to share that we’re removing any content or ratings left by the buyer since it goes against our Seller protections policy and/or our Feedback policies. It may take up to 72 hours for everything to update on your feedback profile page.

If you have any questions or concerns, just get in touch. We’re here to help.

We’re glad you’re part of our community.
Thanks,
eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

That really is a miracle!!!

After my ebay debacle ....

(TLDR: Some months ago I posted here many pages ago about catching "theraingerrain" in an extortion scam. Ebay never honored the verbal promises of two different employees that early on said they would remove the negative feedback when I actually called them, and every time I followed up electronically after days of the negative feedback still sitting there.., it systematically got harder and harder and more convoluted and more folks got involved saying there was no violation... and after about 5 weeks of utter nonsense, I had to give up...even after giving call reference numbers of the folks I spoke with to have them listen to conversations we had....)

I decided ebay is just not for me..... closed my account...

Just yesterday, got my closure email and it made me smile!!!

Miracle indeed...

Side-effect, I'm saving hundreds of $$ a month now since I no longer follow and buy into the hot auctions on ebay.. (of which several I know I was scammed on too with obvious bidding partner patterns...) . now just focusing on being a seller through MCS.... Never happier!!! They are LEGIT!! EASY!! HONEST!!

image.thumb.png.ee79a91bc1a10b5f1f9502e1f09e5f15.png

I just received my first ever chargeback attempt.  Something seems very hokey here.  The auction ended July 17 and the seller immediately sent me a message thru eBay stating that he would pay on July 19, which he did.  I shipped the item on July 22 and it was delivered to the buyer on July 25.

It's odd, because the buyer has flawless feedback. 

https://feedback.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/kevi.thurs?&filter=feedback_page:ALL

Do you think his excuse about his credit card being closed makes sense?  His payment went through just fine.  I'm starting to wonder if his account was hacked?  The English in his messages is very broken.

Fortunately, it seems that eBay has my back on this one thanks to their Seller Protection Program, however, my funds are “on hold” until the dispute is resolved.   

DISPUTE.jpg

tracking.jpg

REPLY.jpg

PROTECTED.jpg

Edited by Mutant Manatee

Add these people to your block list.

vetcollects

Won my auction but never paid.  He also never responded to any of my messages or inquires to payment status.

jaxsdaddy08_0

Bought a book from him.  Waited several weeks and he never shipped it.  He never responded to any of my messages and I had to get eBay involved to get my refund back.

Karl Dignam of Grid Games in Manchester, CT has refused (stolen) to return a piece of OA that was mistakenly sent to him - you can read his entire BS explanation in a separate thread here. His Ebay username is: thegrid7

He paid for the item, but the guy's a thief when it comes down to being honest.