• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

My suggestion is send another very brief and polite invoice or reminder message. Then give him a couple extra days to pay. The reason being that there are simply some buyers out there who work day jobs and forget to follow up on their weekend eBay activities. It's better to wait a few extra days and complete the sale than to worry about payment timeliness and have to relist the item. I know it sucks to wait, though, and buyers should pay as soon as they can, but for practical purposes it's worth it to give them a little slack.

Slack given. I just sent another invoice. Have been nothing but polite and professional. Today is day #4. If no response then tomorrow I'll start the process.

I don't understand why this issue keeps coming up. eBay gives you an automated process to handle slow/non-paying buyers. I have mine set to start the non paying buyer at four days. I never send anyone an invoice unless they request combined shipping. If they don't pay, I don't send it- and if I need to relist or go to the second highest bidder (second chance)-- not a big deal.

It seems like some sellers posting here are overly concerned about speedy payments. Just because you put "payment due in X days of sale" doesn't circumvent eBay policy. And there are methods in place to demand immediate payment for buy it nows.

Sure-- it is a pain to wait if you are anxious to get the item shipped/sold. But nothing these buyers who wait longer to pay (or even until they are issued a nonpaying buyer warning) is breaking any rules other than being perhaps inconsiderate and non-communicative. If they don't pay or give you a sob story about why they can't etc-- by all means-- they need to be considered for blocking. This isn't heart surgery-- we're selling comic books. Let the system handle this stuff for you.

Thanks - I'll look into the automated process. I'm a new seller and this is my first encounter with this issue. Thus my seeking guidance.

I recommend NOT using the automated process for NPB. Why? Because of optics. Mistakes happen, people forget. I bought something from a seller on eBay who is a member here, and because it was the only thing I bought in a while, I totally forgot that I'd bought it. My fault, but by the time I realized it, they had completed the process and that was that. The slab was relisted, and sold for about 33% more than I won it for, so good in the end for them.

Just take the time to send a quick note asking if your buyer still wants the item. No response, open it up. But sending a note lets the buyer who isn't a flake know there's a human on the other side of the transaction.

Same with personally signing your name on a packing slip. Not a big deal to most, but a human touch.

Oh, and back on topic.

BLOCK this guy: daniel_areas

Package arrived "damaged" - w/e. He said what can we do. I said "send it back for a refund, I'll pay the return shipping." Sent him the label.

Now he's threatening to neg me if I don't let him keep the book.

I don't care about the neg, but really? You want me to GIVE YOU the book for free? No.

I don't understand why this issue keeps coming up. eBay gives you an automated process to handle slow/non-paying buyers. I have mine set to start the non paying buyer at four days. I never send anyone an invoice unless they request combined shipping. If they don't pay, I don't send it- and if I need to relist or go to the second highest bidder (second chance)-- not a big deal.

It seems like some sellers posting here are overly concerned about speedy payments. Just because you put "payment due in X days of sale" doesn't circumvent eBay policy. And there are methods in place to demand immediate payment for buy it nows.

Sure-- it is a pain to wait if you are anxious to get the item shipped/sold. But nothing these buyers who wait longer to pay (or even until they are issued a nonpaying buyer warning) is breaking any rules other than being perhaps inconsiderate and non-communicative. If they don't pay or give you a sob story about why they can't etc-- by all means-- they need to be considered for blocking. This isn't heart surgery-- we're selling comic books. Let the system handle this stuff for you.

So true! :)

Oh, and back on topic.

Package arrived "damaged" - w/e. He said what can we do. I said "send it back for a refund, I'll pay the return shipping." Sent him the label.

I don't care about the neg, but really? You want me to GIVE YOU the book for free? No.

Blocked that punk. Good thing he feedback extorted you so his threat is now hollow.

Oh, and back on topic.

The amount of self-entitlement in this world is too damn high!

-slym

0173joe

Here's one for your consideration guys 0173joe

Bought a $1400 card from me and messages me saying he'll put money in his account and will pay tomorrow, then he pays me in full anyway.

Within the hour he requests a cancellation and sends me this message:

Screenshot_2016_05_20_19_48_49.jpg

Bought a $1400 card from me and messages me saying he'll put money in his account and will pay tomorrow, then he pays me in full anyway.

doh!

A $1,400 impulse buy... Smart thinkin', Joe.

I would regretfully tell him that the money is already gone, spent on rent/mortgage & feeding my children, or some such nonsense.

Hey, if he can make up mess to back out, I can make up mess to deny him.

-slym

I would regretfully tell him that the money is already gone, spent on rent/mortgage & feeding my children, or some such nonsense.

Hey, if he can make up mess to back out, I can make up mess to deny him.

-slym

I would have loved to, but as a seller on eBay there is no recourse. The buyer would just neg, open an eBay case or file a paypal claim. It's not like huggins & scott where you can't back out from a sale and if you don't pay up they will send debt collectors round. EBay is a circus that let's clowns get away with it.

Jesus, another problem again with EBay User name: Turtleman402 with one of our Boardie Members. I told him to come here and post th issue from eBay. Does anyone know the Boardie name on here for eBay user name: Turtleman402 , this guy is a real piece of work, BLOCK HIM...

Jesus, another problem again with EBay User name: Turtleman402 with one of our Boardie Members. I told him to come here and post th issue from eBay. Does anyone know the Boardie name on here for eBay user name: Turtleman402 , this guy is a real piece of work, BLOCK HIM...

turtleman402

0173joe

I urge you ALL to block this scumbag 0173joe that I mentioned in this previous post.

Bought a $1400 card and paid me, then within the hour requested a cancellation/refund and sent me this bs message you can read in my first screenshot above.

I obliged, and refunded him straight away, messaged him the next day saying he was welcome to leave me feedback if he wanted (seeing as he was a pain in the i thought it might be a nice gesture on his part) (shrug) but the fact he didn't do it or reply wasn't going to ruin my day...What angered me was that it wasn't an impulse buy that he couldn't afford at all - as I'm about to explain..

So today i thought about what Slym2none said about him making up bullcrap to back out so I left feedback saying he'd paid in full - then requested cancellation saying he couldn't afford it.

Later today, I get a kind message from a seller asking me if I could tell him a little more about the "positive" feedback I left, because 0173joe had messaged him and made him a good offer on something he's selling. So i told him, and it turns out he offered him close to his $4100 asking price for similar items.

Here are the 2 messages the seller sent me:

Screenshot_2016_05_24_21_21_12.jpg

Screenshot_2016_05_24_21_25_29.jpg :mad:

0173joe -- Bought a $1400 card from me and messages me saying he'll put money in his account and will pay tomorrow, then he pays me in full anyway.

(...)

So i told him, and it turns out he offered him close to his $4100 asking price for similar items.

He can't afford $1,400, but he can afford close to $4,100.... Maybe he's numerically dyslexic?