• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cheerios-Premiums-Y1-9-8-graded-pgx-Donald-Ducks-Atom-bomb-Carl-Barks-art-/291784071910?hash=item43efaf9ae6:g:vtMAAOSwQupXVM2d

Buyer beware - ziggydust16 is yet another Ryan Elliott account. If you'd like a little history on his selling and trimming of these Disney premiums, it's all right here.

preprintworld7

Unrelated to comics but one worth blocking for Brits just out of sheer principle.

I just pointed out that the Muhammad Ali preprints they were selling were unfortunately taken from a forgery, my intention was to inform and he replied with some bs story about having an exclusive private signing with Ali in some hotel in Manchester, and my comment being disrespectful.

Then he replied again with more bs about how he gets very personal about the autographs he sells, that they're a "team of autograph collectors who obtain the best autographs available".

"All the Preprints we sell are copies of original hand signed autographs we have obtained personally. We have the originals of every preprint we sell, the preprint Ali you bought is a copy of an original that we obtained personally via a private signing in Manchester."

That's when it hit me, he was only feeding me this bullcrap because he thought I'd actually bought one from him, so i replied saying "someone is telling porky pies" (lies), hoped he had a great night and thanked him for his time - he didn't reply again.

It's impossible that his story was true because the preprint is taken from a well known forgery - Voila!

To all eBay buyers/sellers,

Please block jkcollectable as the seller (location: Riverside California).

I won this item - Deadpool #47 double cover

I received the book but this is not what I expected. This is just a regular copy and I opened the case against the seller included two pictures. He has not responded me until two days later. He asked me for more pictures to verify it. I emailed him back with four more pictures. He said there are too many scammers. He thinks I am one of them but actually he is one of them! The case is still pending but I feel this is time to block him out/avoid him.

Please block williamiris2 as the buyer (location: Rarcliff Kentucky with APO/FPO address - that is a military base).

This item was sold - Doctor Strange (1974) UK version

I allowed him to extend his time to pay this item (it was over two weeks). I reminded him to pay on June 15 as we agreed previously but he erupted on me. He gave me many unpleasant words like ISIS sympathizer, wall street snot, one language narrow mind person (I know French, Spanish, American Sign Language, English and some foreign sign languages - he told me to take Spanish course) and many names. He threatened me with his US attorney. I decided to cancel the order for him and he wanted to move on (he was wounded three times in Iraq - I felt sorry for him but at the same time I was nicer to him for the whole time and he gave me a big sh--t). I don't deserve the mistreatment and blocked him out. Please block him for non-payment and lame excuses/mistreatment. What is more about him? He has not agreed or responded to my request to cancel the order for over a week.

Edited by JollyComics

Reporting this ebay buyer member: golden-age1

Used/uses a paypal loophole to force a refund due to buyer's remorse.

Ebay member: golden-age1

He won a "no returns" Action #21 ebay auction from me.

Here's the no repercussions loophole.

1. Buyer wins "no returns" auction and pays via paypal.

2. Seller ships item, is fully "seller protected" via ebay and paypal.

3. Buyer opens a paypal "Item not received" claim and demands refund or he'll refuse delivery.

4. Buyer refuses package.

5. Buyer receives instant refund from paypal.

6. Seller's paypal account is charged the full amount.

7. Seller is waiting for package to come back to him.

8. Seller cannot even leave the buyer negative feedback on ebay.

9. Seller wastes time with phone calls, emails, post office, and packaging.

10. Seller waits for return of property.

11. Buyer laughs, does it again.

No returns dont exist on ebay

I wouldn't even put that in ur auctions it makes

U a target

Apparently a lot has changed in years since I last sold.

You can no longer leave neg feedback for deadbeat winners. You can either leave positive, or send ebay a widdle note. Oh, poor widdle bidders changed their mind after winning and we can send ebay a note.

Un-be-friggin-lievable !

I've just incorporated the entire list, and my two deadbeats to my "blocked" list, not that I think it likely that I'll list again, this deadbeat bull is the breaking point for me, I swallowed the fees and rest of the garbage, but to shaft me at the "end" means listing something on ebay may simply never end.

Well what was happening the old way was buyers couldn't leave bad feedback because sellers would retaliate with bad feedback so ebay had to change the rules.

Understood. Thanks kav.

I assumed it was because ebay valued the bidders (with $$) and had monopoly power over sellers.

But thanks for the background - I understand tit-for-tat, that existed back then, but at least sellers had a tool (besides finding the CGC board for a valued list of past transgressors) for measuring which bidders to look out for.

Now I have *no* means to warn future sellers that my two bidders change their mind after the auction is over. And little means of finding out myself in advance, so it sound like sensible answer is to bail on ebay or hit my head on wall and consider it's blessings.

It's so bad- in fact I now have to *ask* these rotten little SOBs if I can cancel the transaction. And now wait 10 days for them to reply.

Insanity, imo.

Bad sellers were abusing the system and ruined it for the good sellers. Anyway even if you could leave bad FB it wouldn't really effect buyers-sellers don't have time to check every bid and who is bidding then there's snipers and no way to check them before they win an auction.

Putting them in the blocked bidder list is plenty. I have been blocked by one seller over a misunderstanding of a question I asked. It has cost me about 30 books I wanted to bid on over the years.

I can't imagine being blocked by dozens of sellers.

I have all my blocked list set so they can message me-then I can say oh you're on this list-here's the link...

You make another good point.

I considered how I would feel if I bid on something only to find myself blocked.

Like being banned/blocked from a forum, without any recourse or means to communicate or take corrective action . . . Would probably blow a gasket and shut down. Heh.

But why bid on low grade Avengers lot and Hulk lot (and prices weren't even that high) and then just bail? So very frustrating - but I'll list them here later today and see how it goes, there are only like 4 lots (out of like 25, but with a failure rate like that NASA would've never left the ground), and I'll list some other nicer items. Maybe it'll be a blessing in disguise.

Putting them in the blocked bidder list is plenty. I have been blocked by one seller over a misunderstanding of a question I asked. It has cost me about 30 books I wanted to bid on over the years.

I have all my blocked list set so they can message me-then I can say oh you're on this list-here's the link...

How do you do that?

Curious banners, er, sellers want to know. :cool:

How do you do that?

Curious banners, er, sellers want to know. :cool:

Under Account > Site Preferences > Buyer Requirements > "Edit" - scroll to the bottom of the page and click off the box that says: "Don't allow blocked buyers to contact me.

While you're there you can set to block buyers with 1 unpaid item report and/or 1 violation report.

You make another good point.

I considered how I would feel if I bid on something only to find myself blocked.

Like being banned/blocked from a forum, without any recourse or means to communicate or take corrective action . . . Would probably blow a gasket and shut down. Heh.

But why bid on low grade Avengers lot and Hulk lot (and prices weren't even that high) and then just bail? So very frustrating - but I'll list them here later today and see how it goes, there are only like 4 lots (out of like 25, but with a failure rate like that NASA would've never left the ground), and I'll list some other nicer items. Maybe it'll be a blessing in disguise.

I just today missed out on a book I've been shopping for for awhile because it was that seller. And it sold dirt cheap too.

This is one to possibly block: pkix

Bought my Strange Tales 180 cgc 9.8. Then left positive feedback. THEN submitted a form (after 10 days) to return. I'm a powerseller and just decided to let him return the book and refunded him today.

IF you want to avoid a guy like this, block him. Waste of time quite honestly, but not sure it fits this bill.