• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

decompositions52

"Unless i get detaled pictures front and back of each issue, and a written guarantee that no pages are torn ,folded or defaced in any way im canceling my offer"

I provided the photos, and double checked for any of the above, sending this msg.

The front of each issue is in the ad, those are actual scans. I just went through and double checked, there are no torn pages, folded pages, defaced pages or cut coupons (you left that out) I am sending photos of the backs since it takes longer to scan. I sold a similar group last month, this is what the customer had to say.

"Outstanding in every way- Product, packaging, prompt delivery, communication"

These are exactly as stated, if anything they are higher grade than stated in the ad..

Thanks

decompositions52

"If im paying this much for these books i want better pictures"

Did you not look at my feedback? Here are some examples...

Accurate listing, speedy transaction, VERY well packaged = professional!!!!

Very securely packaged, freebies included, very fast. Outstanding transaction!

Item received as described. Great transaction. A++

Exactly as described, well packaged and fast shipping.

A++. Condition was better than I expected and shipping was fast. 11/10.

great price, would buy from seller all day if I could

Exactly what we were expecting. My son loves them :) Thanks so much :)

Not sure what else I can tell you...

Honestly, I almost did not accept your offer since you had 0 feedback, but I figured everyone was at 0 once upon a time, so you deserved a chance.

But if after all this, you still want to cancel, that is your choice.

Thanks,

decompositions52

"Im canceling this deal"

No worries, I cancelled it for you....also posting your name to the comic collectors society for blocked bidders.

decompositions52

"Big baby"

Eh? Big baby? A snappy comeback indeed for someone wasting my time...

Ick. Thanks for the head's up, Mak.

How much were the books?

I listed them at guide price of $357 obo, and accepted his offer of $280, well below guide.

He only lives 2 hrs away in Jacksonville.....why would you want to make people so close irritated? :screwy:

I reported him to ebay...

BTW, I did send him high rez photos of the backs, but ebay shrunk them down, guess that is what he meant about quality of the photos, but I had pretty much had it at that point.

How much were the books?

I listed them at guide price of $357 obo, and accepted his offer of $280, well below guide.

He only lives 2 hrs away in Jacksonville.....why would you want to make people so close irritated? :screwy:

I reported him to ebay...

BTW, I did send him high rez photos of the backs, but ebay shrunk them down, guess that is what he meant about quality of the photos, but I had pretty much had it at that point.

lol he has 0 feedback, I wouldn't deal with his demands at all

dragonjab

Went back and forth negotiating over a book. I said "make it $200, and you have yourself a deal!"

They made an offer for $200.

I accepted.

Two hours later:

Hi, unfortunately I no longer need item. Instead of returning item could you please cancel transaction. eBay will not charge you any fees if you send me the cancellation link/message. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much.

Then, later in the day:

Hi, sent you request for cancellation. I see your auction has two week refund policy but wanted to avoid the hassle of returning item. Thx, I appreciate it.

I did not reply to either message. Notice the subtle, implied threat: "if you make me pay for the item, and you send the item, I will return it, and you will be out the postage, too."

Today, received payment. I refunded, Paypal takes 30 cent non-negotiable transaction fee, and eBay takes the 30 listing fee, and refuses to protect me from either negative feedback or being stolen from.

The corruptness of eBay never, ever ceases to amaze me.

I recommend blocking dragonjab

Why didn't you just cancel to begin with and move on? What point did you end up proving there?

That people should honor their commitments...?

I know, crazy!

I didn't cancel because the buyer made a commitment to buy the item, and he/she was asking to be let out of that commitment with no cost. I wasn't about to do that, and would have filed a NPB case if it came to that.

It did not.

lol Have fun jousting your windmills

I do, and will. And if Dragonjab loses the opportunity to buy from a few people because of his/her game-playing...maybe he/she will think about it before doing it to someone else. That's obviously a very large "maybe", but who knows? You think that's "jousting a windmill"..? Sure, no problem. Knock yourself out.

What's your eBay user id?

lol Don't worry about it; you and I will never do business, on ebay, on here, anywhere.

And take a breath and let the Force flow through you; this is how it starts and then you get bounced out of here. Again.

What's your eBay ID?

:)

-slym

Ebay: "By placing a bid, you're committing to buy this item if you win. Unless you don't want to. Then you're not".

nic0693

Bought a slab from me last year via BIN button, then messaged me insisting that I ship to his Greek address as he'd be away. Told him I can only ship to his registered paypal address to which he reluctantly agreed upon.

A few months down the line he claims non-receipt and sends me a message saying how he'd paid too much, and that "insert character here" was not going to feature in a movie afterall.

I checked the tracking info which arrived in Portland but ended there, and I never got delivery confirmation, maybe it really didn't arrive but i had my sender's address written on the parcel and I never got it back either.

I have a buyer to nominate for the list.

carlocanelone0

I had a fixed price listing for a CGC 9.4 Walking Dead 101 Ghost Variant. Buyer bought the book and paid for it so I left him great feedback.

When I was ready to ship the book I looked everywhere and could not find it even though I do not have any record of having sold it.

I apologized to the buyer, canceled the transaction and refunded his money in full. He then sent me a message asking for further compensation for his inconvenience which I politely declined. After receiving the refund the buyer left me negative feedback.

---------------

Feedback I left for the buyer:

Great Buyer! Fast Payment! A+++++

---------------

Feedback buyer left for me

This guy might not even have the item you purchase...shady ebayer.

My reply:

Item was misplaced, full refund was given to buyer. It was simple mistake.

-------------------

me - I appreciate your patience but I owe you an apology. I looked everywhere and I just don't have the book anymore. The odd thing is I do not have any record of having sold it.

I do have about 350 other listings. Please take a look and if you see something you like perhaps we can figure something out. Otherwise I will have to cancel the listing and refund your money.

Thanks again.

You have been reasonable and I am really sorry that the book is nowhere to be found.

buyer - If you do not have the same book signed by Robert kirkman and graded just send me my money back.This is horrible I bought that book for my sons birthday and you ruined it.

me - Will do.

Sorry I could not find the book.

buyer - Just refund my money asap.Thanks

me - Already canceled the order and asked them to refund the money. Ebay and Paypal will take it from here.

buyer - You should send me something for the trouble. What do you think?

me - made a mistake and I apologized for it. I also gave you a full refund. I think that is a reasonable outcome.

So many delicate babies that have a tantrum if the slightest things goes wrong.

I had a fixed price listing for a CGC 9.4 Walking Dead 101 Ghost Variant. Buyer bought the book and paid for it so I left him great feedback. When I was ready to ship the book I looked everywhere and could not find it even though I do not have any record of having sold it.

Do you have a comics shop or something? How did it come to be that you had something listed and then you didn't have it in your possession? Was the BIN posted for a very long time before it sold? How meticulous are you about recording sales in your shop and then removing them if they're cross-listed on eBay? Just curious about the situation.

I don't think a buyer should demand compensation, but in some cases when a deal like this doesn't go through and the seller says he doesn't have the item, an explanation is in order. A buyer might be justified in suspecting that the seller has "seller's remorse" over the price he set, and is simply canceling because of a change of heart -- or worse, because of a better offer from another party.

I had a fixed price listing for a CGC 9.4 Walking Dead 101 Ghost Variant. Buyer bought the book and paid for it so I left him great feedback. When I was ready to ship the book I looked everywhere and could not find it even though I do not have any record of having sold it.

Do you have a comics shop or something? How did it come to be that you had something listed and then you didn't have it in your possession? Was the BIN posted for a very long time before it sold? How meticulous are you about recording sales in your shop and then removing them if they're cross-listed on eBay? Just curious about the situation.

I don't think a buyer should demand compensation, but in some cases when a deal like this doesn't go through and the seller says he doesn't have the item, an explanation is in order. A buyer might be justified in suspecting that the seller has "seller's remorse" over the price he set, and is simply canceling because of a change of heart -- or worse, because of a better offer from another party.

but sometimes it is an honest mistake, and all you can do is tell the truth.

I've lost a book before, which I actually had listed at a high BIN. Guy bought it, paid immediately, I spent two full days taking apart my house looking for it. I apologized, refunded immediately, and notified him, telling him I couldn't find it. That was the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. I don't know what else can be done. Of course that's not the best business practice, but for people who aren't pro's at selling, I can see this happening every so often.

While it might not always be the truth for everyone, I'm not really sure what can be done, except hope that ebay checks into sellers who cancel too many sales.

While I am a one man operation this was a buy it now listing. With thousands of books in my inventory I am not going to have a case of sellers remorse on an $80 book graded CGC 9.4 even if it is a signed Walking Dead variant.

This was one of the books that I had slabbed over a year ago which means it should have been listed alphabetically. Also, the only reason I would have to take the book out of the box is if I had sold it.

While I took the time to look through my sales records (various Excel files) and did not find the book listed as sold my guess is that I may have accidentally put the wrong book with the correct dollar amount. Even so I did look through all of the boxes just in case the book was misplaced and could not find it.

This is not something I expect to happen all that often but people sometimes make mistakes.

This is horrible I bought that book for my sons birthday and you ruined it.

lol

Amazing how there always seems to be a situation like this when someone isn't happy with the outcome.

Chaos..

Being in sales a long time, this would of been the perfect opportunity to push one of your other items 'at a massive discount'......

The buyer wanted something for his trouble..Ok great! Let me see what I can do for you! AHA! I have a mint conditon blah blah blah blah that just came in and ive been saving it for a long time customer blah blah blah blah...

Not trying to sound like an ,, this is how the great sellers outperform the average sellers.

Simple....Lemons/lemonade.