• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,602 posts in this topic

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 6:42 PM, PhoKing said:

buyer: allstarvision2010 

bid and won auction. 48hrs since last paid so I contacted him. He wants to pay on July 1st, 2 weeks after auction ended.

Should I let the non paying buyer dispute open automatically and close it? New to selling on ebay.

Yes, but tell him that is your policy to protect yourself as a seller. Don't make it personal.

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 8:14 AM, Turtle said:

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 5:00 PM, TheFifthHorseman said:

lol @ "these people"

Yes I paid for return shipping.

Also funny how everyone is focusing on the return, not the fact that the seller is trying to rip me off.

Good on your for paying return shipping.  You bought a graded 9.8 book and you received a graded 9.8 book.  If I'm the seller, I will accept a return where a buyer disagrees with CGC's opinion (I think my personal board selling terms state something to this effect), but I'm usually annoyed on the inside.  If you pay for return shipping, the seller won't get penalized for anything except for their time, which seems fair, since up until this point, they did everything correct.  So good for you. 

I can't speak for how he acted once he received the return.  I don't think I'd ever accuse someone of attempted fraud unless it was blatant, which I don't think is the case here.  However, is it possible the book was damaged in transit?  How was the condition of the box when it arrived?  You can damage a book inside a slab if you shake it hard enough. 

If the seller provided pictures enough to identify they defect its on the buyer. If the defect was not able to be identified by the pictures then the seller should 
take the return and just write it off as the cost of doing business. This is one of the reasons I hate slab selling. One person's 9.8 is not what another person
thinks a 9.8 should be.  I can see both sides here.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 0:21 PM, KryptoSpidey said:
On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 11:40 AM, jharvey said:

I see coasttocoastcomics is already on the list. To add to the comments on this seller, the worst comic deal I ever made on Ebay was due to this seller. He was selling a Daredevil #2, claiming it was 9.0 grade, and that he was an "Overstreet Price Guide advisor", "CGC dealer" etc. trying to sound like he is a professional grader. When I got the comic, I could see a crease on the bottom right corner that wasn't really visible in the pictures, but I thought it might be able to get pressed out. Anyway, I sent the comic to CGC to get both pressed and graded and it came back 7.0 grade. I contacted coasttocoastcomics to let them know how severely overgraded this comic was and asked if he was willing to work with me on either a return or partial refund, since I basically overpaid for this comic by at least $200. His reply was, tough luck, not my problem.

Yeah I just dealt with this joker for the 1st and last time last night and this morning over the Avengers 57 "9.4" he had listed but you couldn't see the lower right corner,the only blurry picture in the batch,and it's the corner he said had a small fleck of color missing, but looked like the corner was blunted or folded. I won,$668 or something like that, I asked about the corner prior to it ending after I saw it, then he contacted me rudely about it, cancelled my win, ect. Glad I'm off the hook after reading these segments about him. I had no idea this seller was this boardie frank,dr frankienstein or former boardie, troll,or whatever he is now,I know he's still here somewhere 

Wow cant believe someone is still dealing with this seller.

The OP though really made a mistake when thinking they could press out the defect. It gave the seller all the wiggle room they needed. They can claim the book was damaged on the way to CGC and really nothing buyer can do to not prove that.

Heres one: codcastl33

Bought a book from me, days went by with no payment, sent them a message asking whats up the day before case assist would open a non-payment case and still no word. When the case opens they try to cancel but couldn't and send me this message. At least they were nice enough at this point to say they didn't want it and were never going to pay; too bad it happened after 10 days and they had to suffer a non-payment strike against them.

IMG_3570.PNG

On 6/26/2017 at 3:05 PM, KryptoSpidey said:

A beautiful message from Frank,and exactly why he's banned from the boards. Avoid at all cost...

"

New message from: coasttocoastcomics (2,424Red Star)

No Biff ....you are the snarky, assuming jack- that expected more pictures just hours before an auctions end while I was at the hospital visiting
a friend that is passing away soon. You are a pretentious pile of that obviously only cares about yourself and nobody else. You didn't even really ask for
the images you demanded them, then with no new information you bid and won my item....then made further demands regarding payment ect... probably
thinking you would attempt to low ball me to try to get money taken off the final price. I am aware of your tactics, I am not interested in doing business with you and have blocked you. An attempt to damage my reputation will end badly for you as I have quit a bit of information about you, I will happy to share it and warn others about your errant behavior 'scotty the body' ....LOL !!!"

I had a bad experience with coasttocoastcomics as well.  I should have researched this seller more carefully.  I am happy to see that you left him negative feedback.   His emails are incredibly rude and crude.   He does have some really nice books and good feedback which is why I bid in the first place.   I did get a refund on my book which was overgraded and I believe he shilled the auction (but I have no proof).  I believe that is how he has gotten away with no negative feedbacks.  You would think he would have a ton more.

8 hours ago, spidermanbeyond said:

I had a bad experience with coasttocoastcomics as well.  I should have researched this seller more carefully.  I am happy to see that you left him negative feedback.   His emails are incredibly rude and crude.   He does have some really nice books and good feedback which is why I bid in the first place.   I did get a refund on my book which was overgraded and I believe he shilled the auction (but I have no proof).  I believe that is how he has gotten away with no negative feedbacks.  You would think he would have a ton more.

Well I negged him the other day...and he's back to 100% feedback again. Go figure... lol

2 minutes ago, KryptoSpidey said:

Well he's back to 100% feedback again lol. Oh well... lol

Yeah i figured mentioning banned member CGC board wouldnt stand.  You can only describe what he did wrong to you as a buyer, not what he does elsewhere.   Next time run it past me first!

Edited by kav

11 minutes ago, kav said:

Yeah i figured mentioning banned member CGC board wouldnt stand.  You can only describe what he did wrong to you as a buyer, not what he does elsewhere.   Next time run it past me first!

Yeah I figured the same but it was fun while it lasted.  Lol.

There won't be a next time for me with him though... someone else will have to dummy up. lol

33 minutes ago, Gaard said:

If someone with a non-payment strike bids on one of my auctions, can I tell?

No, I don't think so but you can change your settings to block bidders with x number of strikes ( I think it's 2 for some period of time) from bidding on any of your auctions.

17 hours ago, spidermanbeyond said:

Avoid this turd.  He was a total jerk while here and that won't change on other venues.  He may have nice books but they're not as nice as they look and when not if, you encounter a problem it won't be pleasant.  

So is this thread only for comics or comic art too? and for ebay buyers and sellers?  I buy and sell comic art on ebay, and I have one problem buyer.  It still might resolve itself, but as they said "I have a bad feeling about this"

Malvin