• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,600 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, kav said:

This was long before I joined the forums and I have only 100% satisfied buyers and sellers otherwise on ebay.  In this case it wasnt someone giving him a head's up.   I do sell on ebay but have never gotten a 'warning sign' from anyone about anything so no, I don't know that.   I don't even know how that would work since bidders are anonymous and you cant say look at an item someone is selling and say 'hey so and so that is bidding on your item-he's not worth the headache'.

I didn't think bidders were anonymous to the seller?  I thought they were only anonymous to other bidders?  (shrug)

Just now, lizards2 said:

I didn't think bidders were anonymous to the seller?  I thought they were only anonymous to other bidders?  (shrug)

Yes so no one can contact a seller to warn them about a bidder as was suggested.  And there would be no reason for a seller to warn himself, and he's the only one who can see who the bidder is.

1 hour ago, kav said:

This was long before I joined the forums and I have only 100% satisfied buyers and sellers otherwise on ebay.  In this case it wasnt someone giving him a head's up.   I do sell on ebay but have never gotten a 'warning sign' from anyone about anything so no, I don't know that.   I don't even know how that would work since bidders are anonymous and you cant say look at an item someone is selling and say 'hey so and so that is bidding on your item-he's not worth the headache'.

I'm not talking about a third party contacting a seller to torpedo a deal between the seller and a buyer. I'm talking about an "interested" buyer or bidder that contacts you, the seller, and gives warning signs that he isn't worth the trouble of doing business with. 

7 minutes ago, darkstar said:

I'm not talking about a third party contacting a seller to torpedo a deal between the seller and a buyer. I'm talking about an "interested" buyer or bidder that contacts you, the seller, and gives warning signs that he isn't worth the trouble of doing business with. 

His loss.  I'm one of the best buyers a seller could ask for.  I never give bad feedback, pay instantly, and only once have I asked for a return.  One time I received a book that had been stuck in an envelope without even a bag and board.  It was completely crumpled.  I gave pos FB, messaged seller with a pic and said hey this is how the book arrived you might want to beef up your packaging.    No refund request no nothing.

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 9:30 PM, jcmacdonald1985 said:

rt_comics-n-collectibles

I bought a book off them last week, Edge of Venomverse #2 - and after I hit "commit to buy" I realized I wasn't buying a book but a Digital Code for a book. ll admit I was in the bad here some too, I didn't read the description before committing to buy. They used the Ron Lim Variant image for their posting and my LCS ran out so when I saw the price I jumped on it - should have know it was too good to be true. I asked them to cancel the order within a few seconds. They refused. Got as far as them opening a case against me for not paying. I contacted eBay and they removed the strike. I reported them while I was getting the issue resolved - correct me if I'm wrong but selling digital items is not allowed on eBay right? It was a huge hasstle for nothing. They are still listing codes today so its good to see eBay imposes their own rules :eyeroll:

Sorry, but that bolded part made me laugh. 

It's like saying "Sure, I crashed into that parked car, but it's not ALL my fault.  The other guy parked there!" 

There is never an excuse to not read the description.  Period.

He didn't handle it well.  If I were in the seller's shoes, I'd be annoyed that you'd waste my time by committing to buy and canceling within seconds, but I wouldn't have refused the order cancellation.  I don't understand the mentality of sellers trying to force purchases on buyers they no longer want on eBay...eBay will generally side with the buyer.  Just cancel/refund and move on.  Save yourself the headache.  In your case, you started your own problem 100%.  Don't try to shrug that responsibility.  Own it.  :sumo:

3 minutes ago, Turtle said:

Sorry, but that bolded part made me laugh. 

It's like saying "Sure, I crashed into that parked car, but it's not ALL my fault.  The other guy parked there!" 

There is never an excuse to not read the description.  Period.

He didn't handle it well.  If I were in the seller's shoes, I'd be annoyed that you'd waste my time by committing to buy and canceling within seconds, but I wouldn't have refused the order cancellation.  I don't understand the mentality of sellers trying to force purchases on buyers they no longer want on eBay...eBay will generally side with the buyer.  Just cancel/refund and move on.  Save yourself the headache.  In your case, you started your own problem 100%.  Don't try to shrug that responsibility.  Own it.  :sumo:

True story, was parked at an end spot at my gym on a multi-level parking deck.  Was inside working out when an employee comes in and asks if my car was a black BMW 335.  Said yup, he says someone hit it.  I go out to find a police officer laughing his *** off and a guy getting loud with him.  The cop comes over to me stating the guy is adamant it's my fault for parking on the end spot (between the lines mind you) and he couldn't make the turn.  Tells me don't sweat it and issues the other guy a ticking for reckless driving.

27 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

True story, was parked at an end spot at my gym on a multi-level parking deck.  Was inside working out when an employee comes in and asks if my car was a black BMW 335.  Said yup, he says someone hit it.  I go out to find a police officer laughing his *** off and a guy getting loud with him.  The cop comes over to me stating the guy is adamant it's my fault for parking on the end spot (between the lines mind you) and he couldn't make the turn.  Tells me don't sweat it and issues the other guy a ticking for reckless driving.

How can an officer issue a traffic ticket for an incident that happened on private property?  How can a fender bender rise to the level of reckless driving?  In that case anyone gets in a fender bender gets a hefty ticket.  This makes no sense.

Edited by kav

1 hour ago, kav said:

How can an officer issue a traffic ticket for an incident that happened on private property?  How can a fender bender rise to the level of reckless driving?  In that case anyone gets in a fender bender gets a hefty ticket.  This makes no sense.

Maybe he just pissed the cop off?  Who knows, can only state what occured.  I'm not qualified to answer any of the questions you posed.

22 hours ago, kav said:

In AZ, police can still issue citations for certain violations such as hit-and-run, DUI and for reckless driving on private property.

Be careful dealing with willygirl08

He sent me several offer for one one comic, the spanish edition of Stephen King's Creepshow.

Each offer was followed by a message stating how much he wanted the comic, that he has some kind of unofficial museum/exposition, and that the comic will be put on the museum forever.

I finally accepted one of his offers and shipped the comic on July 10th. USPS tracking says the package was delivered on July 20th.

Yesterday, this fine buyer opened a dispute for item not received: "This purchase was not authorized, yet I will charged and have yetbronrecieve the package..thanks."

Than he send me this message:"Still waiting...when was this shipped.if not I ll just take refund"

Bishop-heights

i have blocked this buyer. Not that he has done anything wrong other than being a jerk who is taking advantage of others mistake.

i got a ebay message saying that I had sold a savage she-hulk 9.8 voldermart slab for $4.99. WTF - don't know how it happend but clearly price was wrong. My bad.

messaged him but response was something along the line - ebay prices are final.

16 hours ago, Poka said:

Bishop-heights

i have blocked this buyer. Not that he has done anything wrong other than being a jerk who is taking advantage of others mistake.

i got a ebay message saying that I had sold a savage she-hulk 9.8 voldermart slab for $4.99. WTF - don't know how it happend but clearly price was wrong. My bad.

So you are saying you priced it wrong and he bought it and we should block him for it.

Ship it and move on.

Doesn't it say... In eBay rules that if you accidentally did a number like $250but you meant $2.50 that they'll forgive you? I would think that would work with Sellers as well... but you have to catch it within a certain amount of time... @Poka

But I would not block the person for it because it's up to eBay.... Therefore the buyer expects it to get it shipped to them

33 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Doesn't it say... In eBay rules that if you accidentally did a number like $250but you meant $2.50 that they'll forgive you? I would think that would work with Sellers as well... but you have to catch it within a certain amount of time... @Poka

But I would not block the person for it because it's up to eBay.... Therefore the buyer expects it to get it shipped to them

Yeah but in this case it is not a comma but a a totally wrong price. If it was for a higher value item I would have cancelled.

19 hours ago, Poka said:

Bishop-heights

Your mileage may vary but I would take the loss and ship the item.  Of course if it was a $5000 book that sold for $5 I wouldn't you gotta draw the line some where.  I draw the line around $300

11 hours ago, kav said:

Your mileage may vary but I would take the loss and ship the item.  Of course if it was a $5000 book that sold for $5 I wouldn't you gotta draw the line some where.  I draw the line around $300

Hi Kav, yep did and blocked

2 hours ago, wombat said:

You blocked someone for buying one of your listings? That seems kind of silly. 

No for not being an understanding person.  If I was the buyer I would have said yes no problem.  I am an understanding person.

12 minutes ago, kav said:

No for not being an understanding person.  If I was the buyer I would have said yes no problem.  I am an understanding person.

Seems petty in my opinion to block him. 

Just now, wombat said:

Seems petty in my opinion to block him. 

I would block someone who isn't an understanding bidder.  Why take the chance?