• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,602 posts in this topic

People who sell have it hard!!! insert meme now

Do people who return stuff like this, eat the cost of shipping at least? or do they expect the seller to just send a "sold" book for inspection from the buyer?? when there are plenty of scans and pictures when they buy, and everybody else is satisfied. I don't see how these people think their so special.

I get the same feeling for those who disclose that a CGC case has the slightest nick on it, just to have it returned not as described....or buyer not content! I dread the day I have to sell.

And these people who return these items that are "graded", do they expect whoever they sell in the future to be just as volital about buying, this is a you lose-lose situation...sigh

rantrantover

34 minutes ago, TheFifthHorseman said:

lol @ "these people"

Yes I paid for return shipping.

Also funny how everyone is focusing on the return, not the fact that the seller is trying to rip me off.

It's funny? It's also understandable though. I don't think he/she can control the graded book once graded.

I can see them being unreasonable too especially  the part about you switching the book, that's absurd and we all know it. I hear you on that point. If they were willing to let you return it for that reason then they should have stood by their decision. I agree with you, that would upset me too.

I didn't mean to single you out though there is this whole thread made up of buyers just fyi who forced a return for similar reasons that you had and people put them on their block list.

22 hours ago, TheFifthHorseman said:

What if I try to sell it and the buyer thinks it doesn't look right? I buy a book, not the grade

You do realize a 9.8 is allowed to have small imperfections, right?? otherwise it would be 9.9 mint or a perfect 10 mint

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

buyer: allstarvision2010 

bid and won auction. 48hrs since last paid so I contacted him. He wants to pay on July 1st, 2 weeks after auction ended.

Should I let the non paying buyer dispute open automatically and close it? New to selling on ebay.

46 minutes ago, PhoKing said:

bid and won auction. 48hrs since last paid so I contacted him. He wants to pay on July 1st, 2 weeks after auction ended.

Should I let the non paying buyer dispute open automatically and close it? New to selling on ebay.

yes

11 hours ago, PhoKing said:

Up to you. I let a guy take two weeks to pay $700+ and he came good. I checked his buying history, and there was no hint of him not paying, and several said something like 'paid eventually'.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 6:00 PM, TheFifthHorseman said:

lol @ "these people"

Yes I paid for return shipping.

Also funny how everyone is focusing on the return, not the fact that the seller is trying to rip me off.

Good on your for paying return shipping.  You bought a graded 9.8 book and you received a graded 9.8 book.  If I'm the seller, I will accept a return where a buyer disagrees with CGC's opinion (I think my personal board selling terms state something to this effect), but I'm usually annoyed on the inside.  If you pay for return shipping, the seller won't get penalized for anything except for their time, which seems fair, since up until this point, they did everything correct.  So good for you. 

I can't speak for how he acted once he received the return.  I don't think I'd ever accuse someone of attempted fraud unless it was blatant, which I don't think is the case here.  However, is it possible the book was damaged in transit?  How was the condition of the box when it arrived?  You can damage a book inside a slab if you shake it hard enough. 

On 2/28/2017 at 0:40 PM, jharvey said:

I see coasttocoastcomics is already on the list. To add to the comments on this seller, the worst comic deal I ever made on Ebay was due to this seller. He was selling a Daredevil #2, claiming it was 9.0 grade, and that he was an "Overstreet Price Guide advisor", "CGC dealer" etc. trying to sound like he is a professional grader. When I got the comic, I could see a crease on the bottom right corner that wasn't really visible in the pictures, but I thought it might be able to get pressed out. Anyway, I sent the comic to CGC to get both pressed and graded and it came back 7.0 grade. I contacted coasttocoastcomics to let them know how severely overgraded this comic was and asked if he was willing to work with me on either a return or partial refund, since I basically overpaid for this comic by at least $200. His reply was, tough luck, not my problem.

Yeah I just dealt with this joker for the 1st and last time last night and this morning over the Avengers 57 "9.4" he had listed but you couldn't see the lower right corner,the only blurry picture in the batch,and it's the corner he said had a small fleck of color missing, but looked like the corner was blunted or folded. I won,$668 or something like that, I asked about the corner prior to it ending after I saw it, then he contacted me rudely about it, cancelled my win, ect. Glad I'm off the hook after reading these segments about him. I had no idea this seller was this boardie frank,dr frankienstein or former boardie, troll,or whatever he is now,I know he's still here somewhere 

Edited by KryptoSpidey

A beautiful message from Frank,and exactly why he's banned from the boards. Avoid at all cost...

"

New message from: coasttocoastcomics (2,424Red Star)

No Biff ....you are the snarky, assuming jack- that expected more pictures just hours before an auctions end while I was at the hospital visiting
a friend that is passing away soon. You are a pretentious pile of that obviously only cares about yourself and nobody else. You didn't even really ask for
the images you demanded them, then with no new information you bid and won my item....then made further demands regarding payment ect... probably
thinking you would attempt to low ball me to try to get money taken off the final price. I am aware of your tactics, I am not interested in doing business with you and have blocked you. An attempt to damage my reputation will end badly for you as I have quit a bit of information about you, I will happy to share it and warn others about your errant behavior 'scotty the body' ....LOL !!!"