• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,602 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, FC169 said:

The guy said the water stain was new. Suspected . I’d wear gloves too

Also-be sure to put on gloves before you get gloves to put on-extra level of pertection.

6 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

yeah-- I think calling those anything higher than 1.0s is a push, unless @thirdgreenham sends them in to CGC that is

If greenham send em in, they'll get a 5.0 at least

:pullhair:

:baiting:

I’ve been having an issue with a vendor on ebay who goes by secretsocietycomics. He sent me a damaged comic and charged $50 for it. I submitted a request for a return and refund with no response. Sent him a message too with no response. Days passed and nothing. I put in a negative review amd almost immediately he responds with an angry response and gave me all kinds of contradicting excuses. He listed comic as NM and first said he didnt realize it was damaged. Now he is trumying to claim he listed it as a 9.4 which he did not. Sent me numerous angry messages, even after i already told him that im a disabled veteran and suffer from ptsd and agoraphobia. Dude really has me stressed out and im affraid to open up the ebay app now for fear of getting triggered again by this vendor who has no business dealing with customers.

On 9/14/2018 at 5:25 PM, EL Ernie said:

I’ve been having an issue with a vendor on ebay who goes by secretsocietycomics. He sent me a damaged comic and charged $50 for it. I submitted a request for a return and refund with no response. Sent him a message too with no response. Days passed and nothing. I put in a negative review amd almost immediately he responds with an angry response and gave me all kinds of contradicting excuses. He listed comic as NM and first said he didnt realize it was damaged. Now he is trumying to claim he listed it as a 9.4 which he did not. Sent me numerous angry messages, even after i already told him that im a disabled veteran and suffer from ptsd and agoraphobia. Dude really has me stressed out and im affraid to open up the ebay app now for fear of getting triggered again by this vendor who has no business dealing with customers.

Is the seller looking at the item that eBay redirects you to because the original listed item is no longer available..? The redirected item is listed at 9.4, and the item you bought is listed as "NM" which is technically a 9.4, but the listing does not specifically say "9.4". Discouraging feedback from you, for sure. They don't have much neutral or negative feedback, though. If what you're saying is true, then it's very poor behavior on behalf of Secret Society Comics.

Okay, believe it or not, this is my first time complaining about a buyer on here. I haven’t done a lot of eBay in some time and this is exactly why. 

Buyer bought a Batgirl 23 Josh Middleton variant CGC 9.8 from me. When he received the book, according to him, it was damaged during the shipping process. I was highly skeptical, but it is possible. I had a ton of sales that week and I didn’t remember how the book was shipped. I used bubble wrap and peanuts and really make sure it’s secure, but mistakes happen. I saw the pictures of the crack and they were small, kind of spider-webbed,like a windshield. The buyer said, “Mayeb it just cracked due to traffic high humidity that was prevalent that week. 

I don’t accept returns, but I agreed to take the book back. 

I got the book today and looked at the damage. As you can see in the pictures, he clearly dropped the book. There are pieces out of thu slab missing and the extended damage was impossible to be acquired during shipment. He caused the damage and wanted to return it.

Lessons learned

1, Block “guerilla_shopper” immediately 

2, Never accept returns as stated in my auctions 

5CF2FF23-3EB9-4066-B256-6CE4EC9C0770.jpeg

87076E0B-F513-433F-8DE5-F394D2AE52E3.jpeg

D99AA3FF-AE83-43B7-AEAE-377756D7987E.jpeg

9A378D59-7705-4A12-A66A-68B4E9C2B834.jpeg

CE701A53-7DCF-47BC-A36E-127295A59C2B.jpeg

6 minutes ago, comicartfan said:

Okay, believe it or not, this is my first time complaining about a buyer on here. I haven’t done a lot of eBay in some time and this is exactly why. 

Buyer bought a Batgirl 23 Josh Middleton variant CGC 9.8 from me. When he received the book, according to him, it was damaged during the shipping process. I was highly skeptical, but it is possible. I had a ton of sales that week and I didn’t remember how the book was shipped. I used bubble wrap and peanuts and really make sure it’s secure, but mistakes happen. I saw the pictures of the crack and they were small, kind of spider-webbed,like a windshield. The buyer said, “Mayeb it just cracked due to traffic high humidity that was prevalent that week. 

I got the book today and looked at the damage. As you can see in the pictures, he clearly dropped the book. There are pieces out of thu slab missing and the extended damage was impossible to be acquired during shipment. He caused the damage and wanted to return it.

Lessons learned

5CF2FF23-3EB9-4066-B256-6CE4EC9C0770.jpeg

87076E0B-F513-433F-8DE5-F394D2AE52E3.jpeg

D99AA3FF-AE83-43B7-AEAE-377756D7987E.jpeg

9A378D59-7705-4A12-A66A-68B4E9C2B834.jpeg

CE701A53-7DCF-47BC-A36E-127295A59C2B.jpeg

You have to accept returns.  You can state you dont, but ebay will make you.  

6 minutes ago, comicartfan said:

Lessons learned

Bad thing is, if you don't accept the return and ebay finds in their favor and forces you to accept the return, you don't get refunded the final value fee and you're charged for return shipping!  Found that out the hard way.

16 minutes ago, comicartfan said:

Lessons learned

It appears that guerilla_shopper is an invalid eBay name---did you transcribe their eBay handle correctly?

28 minutes ago, Mystafo said:

Bad thing is, if you don't accept the return and ebay finds in their favor and forces you to accept the return, you don't get refunded the final value fee and you're charged for return shipping!  Found that out the hard way.

It doesn't seem right. The case is pretty strong. If it was dropped, it should be a minimal damage. If it was damaged during the shipping, it would have some or long cracks. But this is seemingly extremely damaged. I have a feeling that buyer tried to pry it open without the case being damaged. He failed so he asked for the refund. I never saw so much damages on that case before.

1 minute ago, JollyComics said:

It doesn't seem right. The case is pretty strong. If it was dropped, it should be a minimal damage. If it was damaged during the shipping, it would have some or long cracks. But this is seemingly extremely damaged. I have a feeling that buyer tried to pry it open without the case being damaged. He failed so he asked for the refund. I never saw so much damages on that case before.

If he tried to pry it open wouldnt he not care about damage and continue the prying?

4 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Otherwise, he wouldn't figure it out how to open it.

That comic is not jolly, any more.

1 hour ago, kav said:

You have to accept returns.  You can state you dont, but ebay will make you.  

What Kav is saying is false. In MANY cases you can deny returns.  And if you articulate yourself well then eBay WILL side for you.  

With that said, the last item I have taken back was a book the buyer was displeased at because of Newton Rings.  I shrugged and the buyer paid the shipping to return it and I listed it for 10% higher as the value increased and sold it to someone else who was beyond happy with it.  The book was an X-O Manowar 1 CGC 9.8.

Post Office does cause damage though sometimes.  Buyer sent me pics of a crushed box like it was repeatedly closed in a door or something.  Took the book back and filed the claim with the post office.  The damage looked similar to the damage in the picture but a little worse. 

Edited by Buzzetta

3 hours ago, Mapleleafvann said:

It appears that guerilla_shopper is an invalid eBay name---did you transcribe their eBay handle correctly?

His eBay is : guerrilla_shopper 

I just got into a nasty email exchange and I am not usually someone who gets into a p**sing contest with people. Honestly, I completely believed him and took the return. It wasn't until I looked at the book and really had a visceral reaction. It's probably because I am really tired of getting ripped off by eBay buyers. I have had my share of losses and this is why I took a long hiatus from selling on there. i usually use My Comic Shop or Comic Link. 

Of course, I got a negative and there isn't anything I can do about it. 

Edited by comicartfan

11 minutes ago, comicartfan said:

His eBay is : guerrilla_shopper 

I just got into a nasty email exchange and I am not usually someone who gets into a p**sing contest with people. Honestly, I completely believed him and took the return. It wasn't until I looked at the book and really had a visceral reaction. It's probably because I am really tired of getting ripped off by eBay buyers. I have had my share of losses and this is why I took a long hiatus from selling on there. i usually use My Comic Shop or Comic Link. 

Of course, I got a negative and there isn't anything I can do about it. 

there is one thing you can do about it-getting his spoon blocked by hundreds of the most active sellers!!!  ZING