• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Won't Stan Lee Sign?

51 posts in this topic

I thought I saw it all in regards to Stan Lee sigs, but I guess this one rubs me the wrong way. To top it off this seller is selling 5 Action Comics 1 Reprints signed by Stan. I guess I can't blame Stan, as long as he is paid he will sign anything, but I'm not sure how the seller could expect to find a market for these books or recoup his investment. Is there anything Stan won't sign and what is the weirdest thing you have ever seen signed. Will there ever be a market for some of these items?

I'm going to write out a blank check and have him sign it. Then I'll fill in the amount and CASH IT

an affidavit stating Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko had anything to do with creating the Marvel Universe

If he is not paying attention he may or if done in invisible or glow in the dark ink :P I'm pretty someone has tried getting him to sign a sketch cover book that had either type of ink and slabbed it.

Get him to sign a contract stating he will cease and desist signing things

I'm pretty sure there is a moob signed out there, but I just can't understand the reasoning on the owners part to have Action Comics #1 reprints signed and the buyers market for them. I think the owner was thinking on the lines of what Sheldon Cooper was thinking on the Big Bang Theory, but who knows.

I'm curious. When Stan stops signing what impact will this have on CGC? I mean the vast majority of Sig Series Marvel's are Stan sigs, how will this affect CGC's bottom line? Price hike for us?

I'm pretty sure there is a moob signed out there, but I just can't understand the reasoning on the owners part to have Action Comics #1 reprints signed and the buyers market for them. I think the owner was thinking on the lines of what Sheldon Cooper was thinking on the Big Bang Theory, but who knows.

I guess some like the irony of an Action 1 signed by the guy most publicly associated with Marvel.

Ah, now a graded restraining order signed by Stan, I can see a market for...

I'm curious. When Stan stops signing what impact will this have on CGC? I mean the vast majority of Sig Series Marvel's are Stan sigs, how will this affect CGC's bottom line? Price hike for us?

In regards to people subbing their books for CGC SS, it may take a hit initially. I'm not sure if that part of their business will recover, but it may fuel multi sig books with Stan's sig or hopefully lead to a new cheaper price restructuring to encourage submissions. It is an interesting question, that could benefit from more input on those in the know.

I understand that he gets paid but he is quite literally selling out. This is so unbelievably sad and frustrating to me not as a collector, but rather a fan. He needs an intervention. Honestly don't know if I should be sad because this is what he was become, or angry because of the level or nonsense.