• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
26 26

6,384 posts in this topic

On 10/31/2023 at 12:44 AM, IngelsFan said:

Cool find, but I doubt Bill Gaines was even on Biro’s radar at this point in time. This was on the stands only 2 months after M C Gaines died and Bill took over.

According to this article on the Association of Comics Magazine Publishers, both Lev Gleason (publisher of Crime Does Not Pay) and Bill Gaines were founding members of the ACMP. The article states that the ACMP was formed on May 1, 1947, so it's probable Gleason and Biro already knew Gaines when this was produced.

On 11/15/2023 at 5:58 PM, fifties said:

Just got this little beauty in today, a 6.5 now sans the slab.

I only need HOF 17 (3) to complete the run. If anybody has one available to sell, any condition, please contact me.

Haunt of Fear 15 (1).jpg

That’s a gem. Congratulations!

On 12/1/2023 at 5:07 PM, OtherEric said:

How did we let this thread fall to page 3?

My local store got this in a couple weeks ago, there was a delay as he figured out a price.  Even with the stain in the upper left corner, I figure $225 was a steal.  More than I normally want to pay for an otherwise typical EC these days, but this one is much better grade than my average copy:

Vault_of_Horror_38.jpg

So I love it... I honestly do. But there's gotta be some color touch on that bad boy, right?

On 12/1/2023 at 9:28 PM, OtherEric said:

Now that you point it out… I think probably so.  Still happy with the book, but definitely feels like it was closer to the correct price.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Cool, just making sure. That cover rocks! and presents really really well. (thumbsu

Sad News to Report:

Roger Hill, EC Historian and Original Art collector has passed away.  He published Squa Tront with Jerry Weist and had recently published

the 5th issue of the EC Fan-Addict Fanzine. A truely sad day for all EC collectors and for Comic Fandom in general.

Picture is from the SDCC 2000 Great EC Reunion. L to R Roger Hill, Micheal Britt and Jerry Weist.

ec reunion 3 001 (2).jpg

squa tront 1 2nd print.jpg