• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
26 26

6,383 posts in this topic

On 1/14/2024 at 8:02 AM, KirbyJack said:

Yes, I’m a nerd; and yes, I had time on my hands. I’m also aware that these values are not absolute. But I was often surprised while I put this together. 

IMG_2894.thumb.jpeg.2aaa421ea56b779499a5ed20c8915cd1.jpeg

Let's see what I can glean from this...

I've got 8 of the books on the list, which I suppose puts me as a mid-level EC collector- not spectacular, but also not doing badly at all.

I would have guessed Crime Suspenstories 20 lower and Shock Suspenstories 6 higher.  Shock Illustrated 3 seems low as well.

I would have guessed Weird Science Fantasy 29 higher, and expect Weird Fantasy 21 to be a candidate for the list soon too.  Frazetta only did 3 front covers for EC, and look at how crazy the Famous Funnies covers he did are going these days.

I have no clue what Shock Suspenstories 14 is doing that high.  If we were going to get anything from the title other than 1 and 6 on the list, I would have expected #5 instead.

Good luck finding a Haunt of Fear 17 at that price these days.

I also have 8. I was stunned by CSS 20, and fairly surprised that the Old Witch’s debut in HOF 16 is the same as HOF 17 (3). 
I know it’s rarer, but I don’t get VOH 12  being twice the value of COT 17.
I think the SOTI hunters have boosted SSS 14 like CSS 20 and 22. 

Also, I missed the variant CSS 1 at $3000. Everyone make a mental note.

On 1/14/2024 at 2:08 PM, KirbyJack said:

I just used the NM- (9.2) price, the highest one they list.

Here are my qualifiers.

Yours are just a little rougher than mine.  Overstreet needed a "well read" category, LOL!  In our cases, I guess G would be more appropriate.

I’m still missing Crime Patrol 15, Moon Girl 5 and Shock Illustrated 3. And unlikely at this point to have them. And like many of you here, mine are a million miles away from 9.2. I just consider myself very fortunate to have what I have.

And, unless I am probably missing something, why is Shock 14 on that list? 

Edited by Robot Man