• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,319 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Nice pair for $100.  These are getting a lot more pricey now days. Glad I got the big ones a long time ago.

#15 was the last one I needed. I paid up a bit to get a decent copy. I didn't realize it was also a hot one.

Was very happy to get them.  7 has been a classic cover for a long time and 15 is, as you say, heating up.  I jumped on them fast.

On 7/7/2020 at 9:35 PM, Hap Hazard said:

Still early days for EC Al didnt join EC till Spring of 48, Bill started editing Crime Patrol with issue 9.

Bill Gaines and Al Feldstein also non-rebukingly went about having terms such as “slant-eyed devil” in reference to yellow peril villains in Two-Fisted Tales #18 (November, 1950). There are also the several EC horror stories that play up the African stereotypes in the form of the primitive voodoo savage native stereotype. As much as I appreciate EC in general, I’m sure there are also limits as to how such stereotypes can play out before they become questionable, even when keeping in mind the racial equality stories EC did elsewhere. If Gaines and Feldstein learned from several blunders and mistakes during their time working with comics, then something like that would probably be related to at least one of them.

zLUUYQZ.jpg

Edited by Electricmastro