• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,319 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I realized I was missing this one. So one popped up on the bay and I hit it. $11 for this vg copy. Let’s see, Wood cover, interior stories by Ingals, Orlando, Crandall and Krigstein for $11.00!

Hard to believe these are still this cheap. And people say GA is un-affordable?  (shrug)

2D55C918-E81F-4583-A91C-0981CA2A2740.jpeg

Oh yeah?  What was the total with shipping and tax? :):baiting:

8 minutes ago, Silver said:

Valor was about a year earlier than the pre-hero Brave and the Bold which were really great books. I don’t know why Valor couldn’t continue on, the quality was just as good. 

Gaines post-code books lost all the money that he had accumulated with his horror books.  Many distributors wouldn't actually place the comics with the newsstands resulting in huge returns.  They blamed Gaines for problems with the industry or didn't want anything to do with what he published after his disastrous testimony in front on the Senate. 

He up-scaled Mad into a magazine selling for 25c and it enabled him to bypass his traditional distribution network.  He did not see any opportunity for him to successfully publish standard comics.

1 hour ago, Silver said:

So what's the one EC you would like to find and add to your collection in 2021? I'll start, would love to find a nice copy of WF 20. 

Three Dimensional Tales from the Crypt of Terror #2.  It's one of the only New Trend books that has never been reprinted, it's an order of magnitude harder to find than #1, and it's the one book I need to complete the (admittedly very short) run.

10 hours ago, Silver said:

So what's the one EC you would like to find and add to your collection in 2021? I'll start, would love to find a nice copy of WF 20. 

I’d sure like to find a Crypt of Terror #17 or a Crime Patrol #16. Had ‘em both once but foolishly sold them...

11 hours ago, Silver said:

I'd like to find a nice VF'ish copy of Vault of Horror #31 - nothing particularly special about that issue, but for some reason nice copies have eluded me...