• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,319 posts in this topic

nice to see so many high grade ec's

I was wondering if anyone has heard of the Hap Langlie collection/pedigree of ec's that appeared in the early 90's in the Seattle area. Most are high grade with the owners name written several times on the cover and in the book.

I don't know anything about the collection but have a "Hap Langlie" western (L.B. Cole cover). My book has "Hap Langlie" in cursive at the top of the inside cover and first page but the name is printed on the front cover.

The cursive looks to be from the same hand as on your cover.

I bought it on ebay from someone that lives about a half hour from Seattle.

thanks for your response, I came across Hap Langlie listed as a pedigree from

Worldwide comics website. but no info about the collection. I purchased several ec's from corner comics in the Seattle around 92 with the that signature allover the cover and inside pages.

152009.jpg.a37083bf5b721e93a16d377bb5e4286a.jpg

thanks for your response, I came across Hap Langlie listed as a pedigree from

Worldwide comics website. but no info about the collection. I purchased several ec's from corner comics in the Seattle around 92 with the that signature allover the cover and inside pages.

I saw the ones on WorldWide and one from a ComicConnect sale but couldn't find anything about the collection itself.

I did a quick internet search and found out that Hap Langlie graduated from a Seattle high school (Queen Anne) in 1952 and died in 2010 (just north of Seattle).

Here are the cover sig and first page sig from my Hap book.

4MostBoys39HapLangliesignaturefrontcover_zpsb10ba03e.jpg

4MostBoys39HapLangliesignaturefirstpage_zpsef035659.jpg

here's a interesting ec reprint book from england

published by streamline

it has a cover title from hillman comics, with ec art from crime patrol 10

the first story is the mystery of room 14 from hillman

the second is a ace story called volcano of vengeance

and the last story is a funny animal story called the duke and the dope

looks from acg

has anyone seen this before?

152035.jpg.e15d855f4116c27b22f622c3f84ae25e.jpg

here's a interesting ec reprint book from england

published by streamline

it has a cover title from hillman comics, with ec art from crime patrol 10

the first story is the mystery of room 14 from hillman

the second is a ace story called volcano of vengeance

and the last story is a funny animal story called the duke and the dope

looks from acg

has anyone seen this before?

Neat book. An unusual combination. I'm aware that foreign publishers often had more than one American source for material, but don't think I've seen so many in just one book. Streamline sounds familiar, didn't they also reprint Fiction House material?

I hadn't noticed the criminal's name before, it made me laugh as there is a political comedian named Jimmy Dore whose podcasts I listen to.

Russ has this to say as of about 20 minutes ago:

Russ Cochran, "When we opened the Gaines File Copies, there was only one copy of VAULT OF HORROR 12. It is true that Bill had purchased a few extra copies of VAULT 12, but these were never considered Gaines File Copies. There is ONLY ONE GAINES FILE COPY OF VAULT 12."

Russ Cochran, "I think Bill bought the extra copies of VAULT 12 so he could give a complete set of each of his children."

He went on to add:

Russ Cochran: "Wisely, Bill wanted his family members to have a complete set of his comics, but he wanted the collector community to have the very best condition because, being a collector himself, he knew that serious collectors would place a higher premium on condition while his family would not care as much about condition as long as they had complete sets."

I'm moving on from the subject and look forward to a chance to buy some awesome books in 2015!

Steve - re: the above.

CGC's designation on the VOH 12 seems to support this - the copy I submitted did not get the GFC designation - in fact it has some restoration on it! Alas and alack. However, the VOH 13 and 16 got 9.6, and the 19 got a whopping 9.8! Look for these in the February C-Link Featured auction, along with a bunch more horror GFCs.