• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,319 posts in this topic

If I'm going to be picky 'and I am' it's a shame the paper used is so thin you can see the print through it. Although it doesn't seem so bad in hand.

You know, a lot of that effect is due to the fact that there is a pure white sheet of de-acidification paper right underneath the cover, and the greater contrast tends to highlight anything printed on the inside front cover.

If I'm going to be picky 'and I am' it's a shame the paper used is so thin you can see the print through it. Although it doesn't seem so bad in hand.

You know, a lot of that effect is due to the fact that there is a pure white sheet of de-acidification paper right underneath the cover, and the greater contrast tends to highlight anything printed on the inside front cover.

I've seen that happen several times. Much better to have the microchamber paper and an enhanced see-through effect than not to have the microchamber paper!

Thanks. I hadn't thought of that. I wonder if I had it reslabbed I could get them to put it after the first page because it does bug me.

It was only graded in March this year. It would be interesting to know full ownership history.

Sure looks like a GFC or a book that escaped from another pedigree collection.

In any case, it's a sensational book!

nice to see so many high grade ec's

I was wondering if anyone has heard of the Hap Langlie collection/pedigree of ec's that appeared in the early 90's in the Seattle area. Most are high grade with the owners name written several times on the cover and in the book.

151945.jpg.41e1bf1b8fbc80ba35bb7e4c883752e6.jpg