• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,350 posts in this topic

On 11/18/2022 at 2:30 PM, OtherEric said:

Today's book.  Last issue I needed for the Shock Suspenstories run, although even by my low standards I would like to upgrade my #5.  The #5 is getting trickier these days, though, so I'm very glad I snagged my filler copy when I did.

Next project:  See how much headway I can make on Weird Science & Weird Fantasy.  And maybe even look for a few more pre-trend books.

Shock_Suspenstories_18.jpg

Congrats! I believe that was the last one I needed. I don’t remember that run being excessively hard and I got the big ones early on. My last run was Crypt. The last couple were pretty pricy even though, what I would call “run” issues.

I still see most of the Sci Fi issues available. And, if not picky on condition, most can be had for affordable prices. Keep some money aside and get the right copy for the right price. 

I’m still picking up the pre trend issues when they present themselves at an affordable level. I am, however, willing to step up a bit for the Romance and Moon Girl issues I still need. I have pretty much given up on Crime Patrol #15,16. But I never know…

On 11/18/2022 at 4:30 PM, OtherEric said:

Today's book.  Last issue I needed for the Shock Suspenstories run, although even by my low standards I would like to upgrade my #5.  The #5 is getting trickier these days, though, so I'm very glad I snagged my filler copy when I did.

Next project:  See how much headway I can make on Weird Science & Weird Fantasy.  And maybe even look for a few more pre-trend books.

Shock_Suspenstories_18.jpg

Glad to see it Eric! Congrats! 

On 11/21/2022 at 7:07 PM, KirbyJack said:

The Wood sci-fi covers are staggering.  13, 14, 16…just amazing.

It's just an area in comics that I haven't much explored yet. When I picked it up at the show, I couldn't put it down! He had a certified 9.0 which was awesome, but this mid-grade raw copy was just what I needed! Now hopefully, I can find more in a similar grade range and reasonably priced!  (thumbsu

On 11/22/2022 at 8:07 AM, KirbyJack said:

#9!

#19!

You can't go wrong with any of 'em.

You really can't!  

I've oddly been looking for a WS #19 since the beginning of time... it's not a rare book but funny how that can randomly happen sometimes. Because it's common, I kept waiting for 'the right copy' for years, have passed on loads of them and must have gotten narrowly outbid on half a dozen or so.

On 11/21/2022 at 3:21 PM, Frisco Larson said:

Most ECs I've previously owned were horror comics, so I wasn't very familiar with their science and fantasy books. This Wood cover is very intricate and just beautiful!! I may have to give these titles a closer look!!! 

IMG_20221121_143545.jpg

Wood’s sci fi and war books are some of his best work. Also check out his later EC stuff. A lot is still reasonably priced.