• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,320 posts in this topic

the history of EC's are full of transition issues or genre tweaks as young Bill Gaines was learning the the funny book business.

Here's some issues of the run that would eventually become Tales from the Crypt

155411.jpg.02a4d9387b0b77b9452c7431d9d853f8.jpg

155412.jpg.d2446190b5a3f1b3367fa82602a11f45.jpg

155413.jpg.9e11fbe57e4f8f856bf5a1aa6dc0846a.jpg

I don't think I have posted this one yet. Love the Wood cover!

DSC_0029%20800x1280_zpsgxxtpkur.jpg

Nice book Mike! I've always liked that cover too.

Thank you Paul, I think this is the first Gaines I ever bought. There were a few available from the seller and it's the cover that made me go for this book.

Always liked that cover with those robots with the windows in their chests! (thumbs u

Here's a recent pickup from a fellow boardie of one of my favorite covers. I guess I like "The Blob" connection to this cover. It's pure '50's! :cloud9:

Vault%20Of%20Horror%20%2027_zpspczkzhxf.jpg

Always liked that cover with those robots with the windows in their chests! (thumbs u

Here's a recent pickup from a fellow boardie of one of my favorite covers. I guess I like "The Blob" connection to this cover. It's pure '50's! :cloud9:

Vault%20Of%20Horror%20%2027_zpspczkzhxf.jpg

:applause:

Been wanting this issue in decent condition for a dozen years or so, and finally sprung for it (amazing the number of moths that flew out of my wallet...;) )

2mpbsqg.jpg

Been wanting this issue in decent condition for a dozen years or so, and finally sprung for it (amazing the number of moths that flew out of my wallet...;) )

2mpbsqg.jpg

I've always found that to be one of the more interesting cover color schemes...I love it.

2mpbsqg.jpg

Great book fifties!

I could never figure out if this is an "injury to the eye" cover or not as the alien on the far left looks kind of like one of the bullets strikes his left eye. With those alien eyes being so wonky with those tendrels coming out of them, it's hard for me to tell. (shrug)

2mpbsqg.jpg

Great book fifties!

I could never figure out if this is an "injury to the eye" cover or not as the alien on the far left looks kind of like one of the bullets strikes his left eye. With those alien eyes being so wonky with those tendrels coming out of them, it's hard for me to tell. (shrug)

..... not used to you being grade conscious, Fifties,..... but that's a fine choice for a nice copy...... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

2mpbsqg.jpg

Great book fifties!

..... not used to you being grade conscious, Fifties,..... but that's a fine choice for a nice copy...... GOD BLESS...

I think for everyone, there's that one book, that you just MUST have a nice HG example of! :cloud9:

..... when I recently found myself out of work I had to sell my Weird Science 16...... just picked up another from the recent Superworld sales thread in beautiful shape...... it's one of my top 10 EC SciFy covers with ease :cloud9: This one was about twice what my old one cost..... but still not too bad considering the "wow" effect I get from it. GOD BLESS...

I love the WS 16!

This is one of my faves that I had to get a decent copy of too!

WeirdFantasy13-1.jpg

:cloud9:

:gossip: ...it's on my list also. GOD BLESS...

I agree that there are just some books you have to have in HG. I actually just picked up this one, which has been at the top of my upgrade list for a while:

9AA3CA53-BF69-4D44-A746-ECE320BCA965_zpsgc7enxmj.jpg

Now that's a beauty! :cloud9:

I agree that there are just some books you have to have in HG. I actually just picked up this one, which has been at the top of my upgrade list for a while:

9AA3CA53-BF69-4D44-A746-ECE320BCA965_zpsgc7enxmj.jpg

Great pickup!

Can you imagine how that 1954 Senate subcommittee member's jaws would have dropped if they knew what this copy must have gone for? Wertham would have spun in his grave, bwahahahaha!