• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,323 posts in this topic

I checked on Heritage archives and noticed that Tales of Terror Annual #1 has been offered three times (only two are in the archive) and Shock Illustrated #3 has been offered five times with a 9.2 Gaines File copy offered twice. Only supposed to be 100 copies of Shock Illustrated #3.

I think TOT #1 is kept by everyone who finds one. Thus very few copies ever appear on the market. When I saw the contents of my copy, I knew I could not let it get away.

Richie Muchin had a copy at C2E2 in Chicago last month. It was a decent copy with some color touch. Not certain of contents...

It is interesting how perception creates our reality. I have had a couple of opportunities to buy copies Tales of Terror Annual #1 but have only ever owned one once. On the other hand I have sold two or three copies of Shock Illustrated #3 and we just got another one, fvf, in (had it for sale at C2E2). I've always heard that the Shock is very rare, and whenever I have had one it has elicited many oohs and aahs, but for whatever reason I've been in the right place/right time to get them so they haven't seemed that rare to me. The Tales of Terror Annual 1 has been a super tough book for me to acquire so it seems rarer to me. But you are right, logically speaking it should be at least a little more available.

Do you still have the copy of #3 and are you going to list it on your site?

It is interesting how perception creates our reality. I have had a couple of opportunities to buy copies Tales of Terror Annual #1 but have only ever owned one once. On the other hand I have sold two or three copies of Shock Illustrated #3 and we just got another one, fvf, in (had it for sale at C2E2). I've always heard that the Shock is very rare, and whenever I have had one it has elicited many oohs and aahs, but for whatever reason I've been in the right place/right time to get them so they haven't seemed that rare to me. The Tales of Terror Annual 1 has been a super tough book for me to acquire so it seems rarer to me. But you are right, logically speaking it should be at least a little more available.

Yeah, throw it out there and let us at it! :sumo:

I sold it yesterday via pm to a boardie. All part of my evil plan.

And I was going to pay double what he paid! :cry:

And I was going to pay double what he paid! :cry:

darn

Back cover:

18d93b17-a593-4ee3-845e-fd435d5947fa_zpsfbvpz74b.jpg

If E.C. had stuck to the funny animals fare, there may have never been CCA censorship.

But we woulda missed a helluva lot in terrific reading and graphics!

I've had this for a while, finally got around to scanning it:

8da52bb8-6af3-4afc-a98e-8d0ec3aebb04_zpsgszmuaq4.jpg

Cool! Not an issue you see very often.

First time I've seen it. very cool. Does anyone else think the two critters on the left look a bit Dr Suessish?

I've had this for a while, finally got around to scanning it:

8da52bb8-6af3-4afc-a98e-8d0ec3aebb04_zpsgszmuaq4.jpg

Cool! Not an issue you see very often.

First time I've seen it. very cool. Does anyone else think the two critters on the left look a bit Dr Suessish?

Yes, especially the witch stirring the pot.

This is an unheralded issue, which marks the transition away from William Gaines' educational comics format (acknowledged in the Guide and also by CGC).

Vancouver copy, white pages:

bfc3af8d-1fbd-4c4d-b664-7ab3f65b0d67_zps3fk9gqbc.jpg

This is an unheralded issue, which marks the transition away from William Gaines' educational comics format (acknowledged in the Guide and also by CGC).

Vancouver copy, white pages:

bfc3af8d-1fbd-4c4d-b664-7ab3f65b0d67_zps3fk9gqbc.jpg

Lovely :cloud9: