• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Anti-Communist Comics!
8 8

638 posts in this topic

Looks like it's been awhile since anything has been posted here... :(

Anyway..this just in:

Stalin's Lie

Magazine format by Lazlo Fodor (writer, editor, artist and politician) . B & W interior w/editorial type cartoons ,lengthy jokes & stories from behind the Iron Curtain. Pretty interesting actually:

stalinslie.jpg

another trooper book I didn't know about!

Looks like it's been awhile since anything has been posted here... :(

Anyway..this just in:

Stalin's Lie

Magazine format by Lazlo Fodor (writer, editor, artist and politician) . B & W interior w/editorial type cartoons ,lengthy jokes & stories from behind the Iron Curtain. Pretty interesting actually:

stalinslie.jpg

Was that you who beat me on ebay for this? :makepoint:(tsk)lol

I thought I would post this again in the hopes someone could give me some insight into the company that produced this and when. I bought it from a fellow Boardie who didnt know the history of it. It is not the Sparkle city edition, as I have a couple of the late 70s and the recent portfolios.

This is a bagged and numbered edition that for the life of me I have no clue the History of. It is still bagged and dont wish to open it. Man if anyone could help I WOULD REALLY APRECIATE IT!

th_scan0081.jpg

th_scan0080.jpg

I thought I would post this again in the hopes someone could give me some insight into the company that produced this and when. I bought it from a fellow Boardie who didnt know the history of it. It is not the Sparkle city edition, as I have a couple of the late 70s and the recent portfolios.

This is a bagged and numbered edition that for the life of me I have no clue the History of. It is still bagged and dont wish to open it. Man if anyone could help I WOULD REALLY APRECIATE IT!

th_scan0081.jpg

th_scan0080.jpg

I always understood this to be part of a Sparkle City reprint. I have similarly marked editions. That is how they were always advertised.

I read Larry McMurtry's "Books: A Memoir" recently.

In it he mentioned: "An Orientalist named Paul Linebarger, whose father, we were told, had been Sun Yat-sen's lawyer, had absolutely wonderful books, but he had other things too. He was an early expert at psychological warfare, which I believe he later taught. In one of his closets, for example, we found a huge pile of anticommunist comic books in Mongolian."

Mark, have you ever seen one of those comics?

th_scan0081.jpg

th_scan0080.jpg

I always understood this to be part of a Sparkle City reprint. I have similarly marked editions. That is how they were always advertised.

Yeah but this issue is considerably larger than the Sparkle City reprints that were put in the Portfolio. And this is Polybag sealed. This issue is larger than Mag format while the Portfolio editions are about normal comic size.

This has stumped me for a long time and my internet searches have been fruitless. :frustrated:

I read Larry McMurtry's "Books: A Memoir" recently.

In it he mentioned: "An Orientalist named Paul Linebarger, whose father, we were told, had been Sun Yat-sen's lawyer, had absolutely wonderful books, but he had other things too. He was an early expert at psychological warfare, which I believe he later taught. In one of his closets, for example, we found a huge pile of anticommunist comic books in Mongolian."

Mark, have you ever seen one of those comics?

No! :o

Cool. (thumbs u

Closest I have come to anything Mongolian is the Mongolian Barbecue restaurant not far from me. :gossip:

th_scan0081.jpg

th_scan0080.jpg

Yeah but this issue is considerably larger than the Sparkle City reprints that were put in the Portfolio. And this is Polybag sealed. This issue is larger than Mag format while the Portfolio editions are about normal comic size.

This has stumped me for a long time and my internet searches have been fruitless. :frustrated:

I'll look at the copies I have. Mine is not in a polybag.

Pretty sure this one counts. Will Eisners guide to the use of the M-16 RIFLE

These are still produced for Police officers and such, but this particular one is one of the ones given to the Boys sent to VIETNAM to help them figure out the use and care of this weapon. Bagged and put in with there rations and equipment.

th_scan0010-1.jpg

th_scan0009.jpg

It's been a while since I read it, but it was somewhere around 1960 IIRC. It's a little misleading as it (like pretty much all the other anti-commie stuff) was put out by a religious group and thus the "disease" was missing God and the "cure" was God.

I'll try and find it and get some more info.

Here are a couple more by the author of your booklet, Dr. Fred Schwarz, and another similar pamphlet. My grandmother was a heavy in the Christian Anti-Communism movement and had file cabinets of stuff like this, correspondence with Schwarz, and just about everybody else involved in this sort of thing. She also had a killer copy of Two Faces of Communism (the fence cover) that I sold to a friend years ago. I ended up with 99% of her files but have most in storage back in CA right now and these are the only three items I have with me at the time. Maybe someday I'll go through everything, there are literally stacks of this stuff.

CommunistInterpretation.jpg

later printing 19?? - (1st ed. printed in 1952)

HeartMindSoul.jpg

Supposedly copyrighted in 1949 but the cover blurb disproves that. A tri-fold booklet listing Federal Council of Churches leaders who have helped communist organizations, "Red Groups they have aided", churches that have been infiltrated, and lots more fun reading.

FederalCouncil.jpg