• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Anti-Communist Comics!
8 8

638 posts in this topic

Hey look! Another copy of Blood is the Harvest has surfaced.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6614154105&fromMakeTrack=true

Wish I had the budget for it...

For a comic that's supposed to be so rare, it sure seems to come up for sale often. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

We knew about this copy. In fact the owner is a forumite and it has been discussed on the boards. I also know about one other raw copy. That still only makes 16 known copies I believe.

And my friend has a copy as well, so that's 17. But his is beat (1/3 the cover is missing).

Can you ask him where he obtained his copy from? No doubt CGC did not slab them all so the question is just how many are there? popcorn.gif

Hey look! Another copy of Blood is the Harvest has surfaced.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6614154105&fromMakeTrack=true

Wish I had the budget for it...

For a comic that's supposed to be so rare, it sure seems to come up for sale often. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

We knew about this copy. In fact the owner is a forumite and it has been discussed on the boards. I also know about one other raw copy. That still only makes 16 known copies I believe.

And my friend has a copy as well, so that's 17. But his is beat (1/3 the cover is missing).

Can you ask him where he obtained his copy from? No doubt CGC did not slab them all so the question is just how many are there? popcorn.gif

Sure. Off the top of my head I recall him saying something about going to a store in L.A. somewhere in the 80's and getting stacks of 50's books. He still has a filing cabinet FULL of raw pre-code horror, mostly beat, and a few golden age books too. I believe he picked them all up for pennies from the place to the point where he told me he was feeling guilty and didn't even buy all of it. Maybe he got it with that score. I'll get the exact story from him and find out for sure.

Back to the ebay copy for a second though. Am I alone in thinking $1800 was a little steep?

Back to the ebay copy for a second though. Am I alone in thinking $1800 was a little steep?

In that condition, yes. It is off kilter with prior sales. For example, I paid $2k for a CGC 9.2 copy.

However, it is not a book one sees come up for sale very often which means sometimes you just gotta pay the price, especially when there are less than probably 20 copies in existence.

In that condition, yes. It is off kilter with prior sales. For example, I paid $2k for a CGC 9.2 copy.

How long ago?

How long ago?

I believe it was 2005.

I had never seen this one for sale before when it finally popped up on e-bay and I fortunately snagged it. It was published in the 1950s by Johnstone and Cushing. Great anti-communism content against the USSR and North Korea. Except for a slight crease in the lower right corner the book is in amazing shape. Really interesting type of paper too. Glossy and thick.

1163622-Korea.jpg

Jumpin' Jimmy O'Jeeziz!

Great catch!

Do you know anything more about it -- artists or other creators? History? Any interesting propaganda tidbits inside?

Jack

Jumpin' Jimmy O'Jeeziz!

Great catch!

Do you know anything more about it -- artists or other creators? History? Any interesting propaganda tidbits inside?

Jack

Not a thing unfortunately. I only know the name of the publisher. Not even the Guide knew the exact date. But HarveyDude and I are researching all of these anti-commie publications so no doubt we will find something out eventually that we will post for everyone.

The story is actually quite good. I was persuaded to abandon Communism! 27_laughing.gif

I was persuaded to abandon Communism!

Good.

poke2.gif We've been concerned about you.

I was going over a some books I picked up at a flea market this weekend and came across this in CDC's Teen-Age Confidential Confessions 19. Last place I expected even a watered down anti-communist page.

19-a.jpg

I guess you never know what you'll find a romance comic. Thanks for posting!

It has been about two months since I looked at this thread. I never saw a nicer copy of "Korea my Home"

One of the few success stories from purchasing a raw book on e-bay! Very pleasantly surprised.

Great atomic war book! I love that series.