• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Anti-Communist Comics!
8 8

638 posts in this topic

I just picked up the following books from Doug Sulipa.

I find it very difficult to find these T-Man books in nice shape.

T-Man32.jpg

You don't see them looking like that very often! Nice pickup! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

This is not a Golden-age book but it does fit nicely into the theme.

Has anyone ever seen this book from 1977?

No, but I'm fascinated. Marx, Lenin, Mao & Christ -- the dream team? What's the point of view of the book? Who's Open Door Publishers? Where did you find this gem?

Between Beerbohm's Platinum Parade and this sort of book, the forums have been really great lately!

Jack

MarxLeninMaoChrist.jpg

I just picked up the following books from Doug Sulipa.

I find it very difficult to find these T-Man books in nice shape.

T-Man32.jpg

You don't see them looking like that very often! Nice pickup! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

No, not at all. Very rarely do you see them in this grade. I have almost all of them not but mainly around VG/F, which is the best I usually see them at conventions or on e-bay. And when they are above F the sellers want a nice penny for them even though it is probably just HD and me buying them! headbang.gif

What's the point of view of the book? Who's Open Door Publishers? Where did you find this gem?

Doug Sulipa believes the book to be scarce. I have never seen a copy before but I really can't find any distribution information. The introduction states that it is a story about Christ vs. Anti-Christ. This is what I was able to locate off the web.

"Marx, Lenin, Mao, & Christ" [Holland/USA] - Published in 1977 by Open Doors Publishers/Open Doors International, Inc. - 32 pages of full mechanical colour + painted wraparound cover - Credits: "Written by Mark and Peter, Illustrated by The Redondo Studio" (Cover painting by Nestor Redondo) - May have been published simultaneously in Holland, US, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, and the Philippines - No distribution/circulation information available"

Here is the back of the wraparound

Marxbackcover1977.jpg

I had never heard of this before until I saw it in my hands. I thought for sure when Montezuma said he had a b/w Red Iceberg that he was referring to the reprint edition by Sparkle City. But when it arrived I clearly saw that this was not the case.

This b/w mini version is unlisted in the Guide and measures 5 1/2" x 7 1/4". Otherwise it appears identical (though I have not compared page by page). I showed it around to other dealers and some were aware it existed so in that sense it is not a "new" find, but nonetheless a remarkable addition to any collection! Thanks to Monty! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Redicebergmini.jpg

Love the better dead than red stuff, and started to post something, then realized there is not, as I'd hoped, a simple one-step-press-this-button-thingy-and-your-pic will-be-uploaded. Don't know if that's always the case or the commies have infiltrated my computer to prevent me from exposing them

I had never heard of this before until I saw it in my hands. I thought for sure when

Montezuma said he had a b/w Red Iceberg that he was referring to the reprint edition by

Sparkle City. But when it arrived I clearly saw that this was not the case.

I am envious. I have never owned that version and I have about every version out there.

Good pickup. I wish there was more information out there regarding the Red Iceberg.

That book always intriques me.

I just received this mid grade copy of Navy Combat #18. Not often that I could find a book with

multiple hammer and sickle images on the cover.

navycombat.jpg

I just need to acquire the Atomic War #3 to complete this series.

AtomicWar1CGC8.jpg

Congratulations! That, in my book, is the ultimate "atomic age" comic!

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

A couple unusual additions but still on topic

Stalin as villain from before the Nazis attacked. They hastily changed this cover because the commies had suddenly and temporarily become our friends.

HumanTorch54bkcvr1941.jpg

20 years later this anti commie lover cover appeared in the silver age, but was SET in the golden age, (not to mention years before the peace symbold was even invented)

Sgt.jpg