• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please stop with the EBAY scams!

327 posts in this topic

I can't even believe CGC allows all this continually on the boards. OTHER community forums on the internet do not.

I can say "so and so" ripped me off and give the guys ebay name (hell I've seen address and place of work in some)...

who is to say some of you are complete bull%^%^'s and try to get people to not buy books from X so they will buy books from Y. Backing up any of these stories with proof is impossible in forums... so it amounts to libel!

god when the &^&^&^ does it stop??? Not to mention I get sick of seeing more ebay scams every other day....good god...HARSHEN????

This one time, I bought a flute off of eBay from a girl who had supposedly been to band camp...

I can't even believe CGC allows all this continually on the boards. OTHER community forums on the internet do not.

I can say "so and so" ripped me off and give the guys ebay name (hell I've seen address and place of work in some)...

who is to say some of you are complete bull%^%^'s and try to get people to not buy books from X so they will buy books from Y. Backing up any of these stories with proof is impossible in forums... so it amounts to libel!

god when the &^&^&^ does it stop??? Not to mention I get sick of seeing more ebay scams every other day....good god...HARSHEN????

This one time, I bought a flute off of eBay from a girl who had supposedly been to band camp...

Did she wash it first? I hope not.

I like the idea of having some form of proof that it was a scam or a REALLY bad seller.

I had an eBay seller send me an IDW artist edition today, sure, he charged me for USPS expedited shipping and then sent it via media mail (so he charged me twice actual shipping),

He sent it without the original IDW custom protective box(singled boxed and in an old refused box) no bubble wrap, no peanuts, obliterated the bottom corner on the spine. To make it worse he claimed it was a first printing (variant cover I was unfamiliar with), turned out to be a second edition.

Bad seller? Maybe (but high 100% feedback). Scammer? I checked the guy's other listings and it turns out he deals mainly in cards, not books. I've requested a refund and I'll see where it goes, but I don't think the above constitutes a scam and maybe not even a bad seller (not bad enough for a board to block at least), just a guy not used to dealing with books, especially a heavy monster like an IDW artist edition. So I think the blocking needs to be reserved for the really egregious stuff.

In your situation, I agree they were probably just less educated in selling comics. Small things like that shouldn't be considered a scam.

On the other hand, selling a book while using someone else's pictures of the same book in better condition can only be for one thing: to get more money. So, essentially, they're scamming buyers. (This is coming from the other scam thread posted in CG).

My suspicions were confirmed, the guy was selling the book for a friend, and offered full refund. I love no drama eBay transactions, even if they don't always work out.

remy lacroix >> hula hoop girl

her talents extend way beyond swinging a hula hoop

:headbang:

Hula-Hoop-13_zpsd0f16c6c%5B1%5D.gif

bye+guys+_bd7c7038c494fb8e69506ac2ccca835e.jpg

Basically no upstanding seller has anything to fear from these boards

but if you are shady then you probably have a solid reason for not wanting to see these types of threads.

You complaining about these threads is eluding to you having some of your business impeded. If that is the case, then state your case and stop trying to use smoke and mirrors to halt the truth.

If you feel that someone is photoshopping images to get a response then show your proof. What is the particular case?

Even a child can point fingers all day at open space. Let us know on what grounds do you have such accusations. There are a lot of talented people here that can take evidence and make a fair decision based upon it.

But, if you are making accusations without a sound foundation to base it on then you are just blowing smoke up people's fannies - period!

The mods killed hula hoop girl again?! :cry: What's wrong with a hula hoop??

Search a little deeper on the net, that hula movie has a long version (thumbs u

Death to all, but metal :headbang:

Please do not stop the scammer threads. I am mostly a lurker without a whole lot of posts, but I for one like to read the scammer posts and then make up my own mind based on the facts presented.

I would think that if someone were to present false information against another, maybe as a vendetta, then that person would be found out here in short order. The detective skills of the peeps here are pretty good.

If you are an honest person you should have nothing to fear from the posts.

I will never stop reading the Ebay scam threads, never. The boards saved me a ton of dough, I searched for cdpaoli on Google and it led me right here, and I quickly reconsidered a bid on a cdpaoli auction. This is an invaluable service to the hobby and it saves a ton of potential headaches in dealing with fraudulent sellers and buyers. The OP can pound sand IMO.