• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HEROES 2015!!! JUNE 19-21

285 posts in this topic

I've met so many board members this Con that you all are blending together. I'm hoping to take a bunch of pictures tomorrow in between selling a ton of books. Good Con so far in terms of sales so hopefully tomorrow will finish strong.

Just got back from Heroes...

Spoke to many dealers.

The overall feeling was: Friday sales were good to excellent, Saturday a really mixed bag. Lots of people but sales ranged from disappointing to very good. Sunday average was overall slow/below average. I asked those with high-end wall books, not dollar boxers.

It's always fun and interesting to get a gauge on what happened.

Hopefully, some of these businessmen will share some of their bigger ticket sales.

I don't have high end wall books to speak of, nor do I give away my books for a quarter., but the description from comicstock fit my show to a tee. Saturday was slightly worse than Friday, which was a good day. Sunday was awfully slow, doing less than half of either Friday or Saturday. Always within the same sales range at Heroes, always wondering why I continue to do it.

I don't have high end wall books to speak of, nor do I give away my books for a quarter., but the description from comicstock fit my show to a tee. Saturday was slightly worse than Friday, which was a good day. Sunday was awfully slow, doing less than half of either Friday or Saturday. Always within the same sales range at Heroes, always wondering why I continue to do it.

Where was your booth?

I believe we had an avg sales show.

Cgc:

Sold several af15s, 6 hulk 181s, Asm 1, couple of dd1, a st110, sold several ba12, xmen 94, jim83, jla1, great 3, bb30, fight 31 , tos3, hulk 2,4,5 among others (just working off memory)

Raw: sold about 60 bronze/silver keys. Avg retail 100

Did turn down a very fair offer on our batman 1...just too emotionally attached to sell :cry:

Anyone that sees roy today please go out of your way to pretend you think he is weird al yankovik. Thanks!!!

Damn you.

We'll use these numbers as an example of how my con went from day to day percentage wise.

Friday - $1600

Saturday - $2200

Sunday - $1100

We matched up almost exactly except my $2,000 day was Friday and my $1,500 day was Saturday.

Hope the DQ malt lasted a long way and you had a safe trip home.

That DQ malt hit the spot! The sugar rush wore off about an hour outside of Charleston and I kept wishing I had another. Thanks for the recommendation since I hadn't even thought about a malt for 10 years.

Anyone that sees roy today please go out of your way to pretend you think he is weird al yankovik. Thanks!!!

Damn you.

:grin: