• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HEROES 2015!!! JUNE 19-21

285 posts in this topic

Motoring my way thru West Virginia - I can hear a constant banjo playing.

Coming from Ohio, not sure you have that much room to talk, do you? And for the record, how many pairs of Jorts did you pack for the Con?

You only need one Jorts that fits. They always seem to look clean enough to wear.

I'm in 1508/1510 this year. I brought about 20 long boxes of A-Z

bagged/boarded/priced stock that will be making it's debut at the show plus all my regular four color goodness. Hell, I even have a few EC's and Atlas books (and if you know me, you know i NEVER have Gold).

Just look for the handsome bastich in the Hey Kids, Comics! shirt.

Gangsta..........................................

11150396_1099802506711917_7486442047875119945_n.jpg

Sure is quiet around here....the wireless on the floor must be still horrid.

I think people with Verizon and Sprint are the only one's with service. Since I think they paid to put cell towers on the roof for when the DNC was in town. If you had ATT; you pretty much lost signal once you hit the show floor; unless you stood in the few places where your signal goes from 0 to 1 bars and back to 0 before you can finish dialing a phone number or pulling up a webpage.

I had a great time and mostly staying with my buying plan. I picked up what I needed to finished off my Iron Fist run; and my original plan was to get my Silver Surfer run to where I would just needed 1 to 4 to finish off the run at a future date (I was short 4 issues between 5 and 18). But one dealer had a graded copy (6.5) of Surfer #1; that was priced at what I was willing to pay and I ended up pulling the trigger and purchased it. Once that was done; I found a #2 from another dealer and picked up a #4 from Dale along with the other 4 issues I was originally looking for; so I'm down to just needing a #3 to finish the run.

About an hour before I left; I was able to pick up my commission from Bob McLeod; which turned out great and I can't wait to get it framed and hung up on my wall.

I got to meet 1Cool today and also stopped by and said hi to Rick, Brock and his wife; Roy; Sam; Dale and Watson; plus a few others.

The plan tomorrow is to take the grandson and take pictures of him with the grandson and maybe pick up a book or two that didn't get today.

Psy

Had a blast on Friday and indeed there were many cool comics to be had, spent my first hour or so there going through dollar boxes and was impressed with the books available.

Yeah, Friday was a tremendous buying day for me, and I know there are still many quality books left in the room. This show really is one of the absolute best for deals.

Anyone that sees roy today please go out of your way to pretend you think he is weird al yankovik. Thanks!!!

Is there a thread with any pictures? I would love to see some comic wall pictures. :headbang:

I'm taking a bunch of wall pics but I won't be able to upload them till after the con.

Awesome. I really appreciate it.