• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The centerpiece of your collection

282 posts in this topic

Sorry if i got this wrong for posting books in pgx holder.

adamstrange says one request cgc makes is that we not post pics of a book in a competitor's slab

I did read the rules and did not see this. I have more CGC slab books then pgx but for the price it would have cost i went with them.

I do like raw books better as a collector so if i take them out its not a huge loss.

If this is true i will not post those holder books can someone tell me if this is true Thanks

More a matter of etiquette. It's unlikely CGC is all that concerned about conversions to PGX, but this is their church, so to speak.

Just repent and change your evil ways, I doubt the pontiff will single you out for excommunication. :devil:

:kidaround:

This is now my centerpiece, for me it doesn't get any better and the quest to find it was something I will never forget.

ST28FrontNorthfrd_zps83c78c40.jpg

Nice centerpiece one red hot book!

Thank you Wayne-Tec the problem is i have win xp and every day things dont open all the way. Now that you told me IMG i will do that. could use a little help getting them up now?

Thank you Wayne-Tec the problem is i have win xp and every day things dont open all the way. Now that you told me IMG i will do that. could use a little help getting them up now?

Here you go. Is the Action #1 add from Tec #15 or 16? You have some amazing books there :applause:

Action1_zps5530974b.jpg

Superman2CGC60Dcopy_zpsb648bd48.jpg

adamstrange says one request cgc makes is that we not post pics of a book in a competitor's slab

I did read the rules and did not see this. I have more CGC slab books then pgx but for the price it would have cost i went with them.

I do like raw books better as a collector so if i take them out its not a huge loss.

If this is true i will not post those holder books can someone tell me if this is true Thanks

They mostly frown upon PGX books being offered for sale on the site.... they're a bit more tolerant of sharing scans.... although the few that I had and posted I cropped out the PGX label.... out of respect. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

They mostly frown upon PGX books being offered for sale on the site.... they're a bit more tolerant of sharing scans.... although the few that I had and posted I cropped out the PGX label.... out of respect. GOD BLESS....

Yeah, I remember when I posted a pgx slabbed 'Hangman Comics 2(1)one night not too far back to start a thread of owners(club), it was gone by daybreak, lol.

This is now my centerpiece, for me it doesn't get any better and the quest to find it was something I will never forget.

:headbang:

....is this a pedigree ? Sweet book.... and I know how much you've wanted one like this. GOD BLESS....

Russ;

If this exact same book was unrestored and sitting in a slab, how much higher do you think the grade would be? hm

It definitely looks like CGC has 2 completely different grading scales at work here. A much looser one for unrestored books and a much tighter and more agressive one for restored books. :boo:

I assume they must feel that the stigmitization of the PLOD is not enough of a knock on an restored book. It is also necessary to knock it down a few more notches from a technical grading point of view.

I'd say 8.5 or 9.0. I'm not sure if they have different scales,but I have seen quite a few restored books that appear nicer than the grade on the slab.

I've owned relatively few keys during my 35 year collecting career, even so this is the one book I keep returning to:

NA24Church-1.jpg

Gorgeous book Steve. The colors are just mind blowing. It must be amazing in hand.

I've owned relatively few keys during my 35 year collecting career, even so this is the one book I keep returning to:

NA24Church-1.jpg

Gorgeous book Steve. The colors are just mind blowing. It must be amazing in hand.

That is a genuinely beautiful cover. Given the quality of Flessel's covers he should probably be even more appreciated than he is. Definitely one of the top tier GA artists, IMO. (thumbs u

:headbang:

....is this a pedigree ? Sweet book.... and I know how much you've wanted one like this. GOD BLESS....

It is the Northford copy. My grail. Had to be shared.