• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead Fan Coolemc84 is a SCAMMER... Don't be a Victim!

80 posts in this topic

Dude!! That's a crazy story. Thanks for PMing about it, you must've been upset. I know I would be. This is one of the reasons I am afraid to "trade" with someone not respected. This is definitely Prob material.

Also I just want to point out that I LOVE FRIDAYS!!! and it's only 10:30am etd

:banana::popcorn:

Don't worry about CG James, just stand from afar watch and post minimally.

I'll jump in from time to time and now that I have a tiny bit of cred, they don't even reply to my post. Mostly

Lots of trade scams going on now. Oh, how I miss the days of the ol Photoshop-my-name-on-a-piece-of-paper-on-the-slab scams.

Oftentimes, if something is too good to be true, it is.

This was definitely a deliberate scam, but there is one point that seems to be lacking in clarity. You state that you were offering a highly valued item for trade towards a Walking Dead Issue 1. Your sketched book does not have a market value of $2800. This is an arbitrary number that you assigned to it via an eBay auction, and the lack of a sale indicates that this is not the true market value. Probable market valuation based on similar past sales would be in the $1000 range.

I would agree that imo it not a $2800.00 book but if someone wants to trade for it,it's on them. By the looks of it the scammer thought it was worth it since he had no plans on holding up his side of the deal.

Better strategy for something like this instead of dealing outside ebay if someone wants to trade is say ok we'll list both our items BIN for the same price then buy each other's items.

That way you're protected.

Sort of.

He is a member here and has not spoken up about his side of the story. Which in the end will hurt him. But time will tell, I know if someone started a thread about me that was not true.....I would be posting to clear the air. Op did you tell him you were posting the scam? Has he contacted you in PM's after you started the thread?

He is a member here and has not spoken up about his side of the story. Which in the end will hurt him. But time will tell, I know if someone started a thread about me that was not true.....I would be posting to clear the air. Op did you tell him you were posting the scam? Has he contacted you in PM's after you started the thread?

I doubt he'll show (but wish he would) since his post count is 8, all on the same day, and only to try and grab a copy of WD and insult all CGC boardies in the process. The link to his debut/exit is at the start of this thread, very funny reading.

Oftentimes, if something is too good to be true, it is.

This was definitely a deliberate scam, but there is one point that seems to be lacking in clarity. You state that you were offering a highly valued item for trade towards a Walking Dead Issue 1. Your sketched book does not have a market value of $2800. This is an arbitrary number that you assigned to it via an eBay auction, and the lack of a sale indicates that this is not the true market value. Probable market valuation based on similar past sales would be in the $1000 range.

Thanks for your opinion sir.