• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Random Act of Kindness Charity Thread - CLOSED / THANK YOU ALL!

270 posts in this topic

Good idea. (thumbs u Price reduction... :makepoint:

This lot is now $20 shipped in the US.

All-Winners #1, Silver Streak #6 -- a lot of two 1970s Alan Light reprints of classic golden age comics. Color covers but black-and-white interiors. Average grade Fine- or so, but they are solid, tight books with white pages. The All-Winners has faint residue visible from a price sticker. Fun golden age reads on the cheap!

2rnkcqb.jpg

2ptdvfb.jpg

If you will ship to Canada I'll pay $30 :gossip:

Sorry Ryan, I tried, just nothing sold..

No worries brother.

But this reminds me..... I want to send another thank you to everyone that did offer something and it didn't sale. It's not uncommon for things to remain unsold in threads like this. Don't feel bad at all. This took a team effort and everyone helped make this happen.

Good idea. (thumbs u Price reduction... :makepoint:

This lot is now $20 shipped in the US.

All-Winners #1, Silver Streak #6 -- a lot of two 1970s Alan Light reprints of classic golden age comics. Color covers but black-and-white interiors. Average grade Fine- or so, but they are solid, tight books with white pages. The All-Winners has faint residue visible from a price sticker. Fun golden age reads on the cheap!

2rnkcqb.jpg

2ptdvfb.jpg

If you will ship to Canada I'll pay $30 :gossip:

^^

Sorry Ryan, I tried, just nothing sold..

No worries brother.

But this reminds me..... I want to send another thank you to everyone that did offer something and it didn't sale. It's not uncommon for things to remain unsold in threads like this. Don't feel bad at all. This took a team effort and everyone helped make this happen.

I've seen thirdgreenham blow into these threads as they're wrapping up and buy everything left.

:news: :news: :news: :news: :news: :news: :news:

THREAD OFFICIALLY CLOSED FOR SALES AND DONATIONS

I had to choose a point to bring this to an end and after two day of wonderful contributions we have raised enough money to fund this student for probably 4-6 months worth of groceries.

I've been a part of similar campaigns before to help others, but this has been truly remarkable. In my two years of being on the boards I have learned a lot. I came through the school of hard knocks and learned how to grade here, learned from the veteran members how to operate here, and developed a greater appreciation of our hobby. Most importantly, I've learned what a tight knit community this really is. The comic world is a special place with some of the most intelligent, creative, enthusiastic, and kind people I've come across. If you have spent any time here you might think that last sentence is a stretch. And we do have our arguments and dramatic moments. But, we also have moments like this where we came together to do something good. This makes us the heroes we read about. You may think that a stretch also... But a hero does great things for no other reason than for the greater good.

So thank you all the heroes of the boards.

I will plan to purchase and ship the gift cards on July 3rd. I'll keep you all updated here and as I said in the original post provide a copy of the receipt for transparency.

Happy 4th everyone :hi:

:news: :news: :news: :news: :news: :news: :news:

:bump: if you're stopping by late (thumbs u

Last minute donation: Deluxe Mystery Box $500. You pay Ryan and I ship.

:takeit:

Sweeeeet baby!!! You can't open this till I am there!

Actually its being shipped to your po box so you can't open it till you're here... :baiting::banana:

Last minute donation: Deluxe Mystery Box $500. You pay Ryan and I ship.

:takeit:

Sweeeeet baby!!! You can't open this till I am there!

Actually its being shipped to your po box so you can't open it till you're here... :baiting::banana:

Haha I figured it might be...now lets see if the stars align and we can open it when I get home from the trip :banana:

I didn't think my bookmarks and postcards would go, but I tried.... *sigh* :o) I was working and didn't get to donate, YOU MUST TAKE MY DONATION. I've been in the place where an extra $10 can be an amazing amount of money. Thank you, Ryan and Harvey, for setting up and running this.

I didn't think my bookmarks and postcards would go, but I tried.... *sigh* :o) I was working and didn't get to donate, YOU MUST TAKE MY DONATION. I've been in the place where an extra $10 can be an amazing amount of money. Thank you, Ryan and Harvey, for setting up and running this.

His paypal is on the 1st post. Send it there. I'm sure he won't refuse and yes every $10 helps :headbang:

His paypal is on the 1st post. Send it there. I'm sure he won't refuse and yes every $10 helps :headbang:

I did, I just wanted to adamantly tell him first so he knew it was coming. :slapfight: