• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

Enormous Treasury is getting no love, and there's only around 8 copies for sale right now on ebay. I thought it would be a lot more important than it apparently is.

As far as I can determine it is the 1st full appearance for at least Ellen :shrug:

This hobby is incredibly fickle, and often there is little rhyme or reason to anything.

I'll probably get rid of my two treasury copies if I can because I don't collect treasury books and they're in my way... another reason people choose to ignore it I'm sure.

Its not fickle the Image oversized book is a one-shot never was a series. This current run is the series and its a different company. The tv option and series is the 215 version. Those are all drawbacks for the Treasury.

It is totally fickle - the main protagonist (so far) clearly first appears in the treasury edition from Image. The publisher is irrelevant, it is creator owned.

Tim has come on here and clearly has stated that was his first unpolished volley into the comic book world. She more polished in this series. Its like the Gambit uncanny x-men 266 versus the annual issue, the comic book market has made its decision. You can choose to rage against the machine but it is what it is. Just like you stated for many post earlier about how you didn't think the NYCC was worth much cause its a second print. Market has decided - not sure what complaining about it will solve. (shrug)

No.

It is nothing like the annual 14 vs 266.

The general collecting population was lied to ( by Overstreet and nearly every other publishing company including CGC ) for decades that the annual was a cameo ( therefore their choice was skewed) , and there were questions of which came out first. Annual 14 was first and its not a cameo. This is all proven now. This is the exact same situation with Conan 23 and 24.

The Enormous treasury is suffering because people cannot fit it into their boxes and it cannot be CGC graded. It doesn't matter what company put the book out. It doesn't matter how well rounded the characters are.... for goodness sake characters are normally NOT well rounded in their first appearances. Its the same Title and same main character. The first appearance is the treasury, the market, which is still going through its motions on this book, is still undecided. If you think the market has made its choice before the show is out, you are being foolish. The regular issues are trending upward and the treasury is stagnant because of the reasons I, and others, have stated in this thread.

If the show is made and its 1/10th as popular as WD, the treasury will explode. If it doesn't get made.... you can stick them, and all your other Enormous books in your boxes with your SIXTH GUN books.

Unpolished Volley into the comic book world? :roflmao:

Do you realize that can be said for nearly every independent book ever made? Some of which contain MAJOR characters like TMNT? Is TMNT # 1 Irrelevant because it's oversized and it was an unpolished example of Eastman and Lairds work? Get a Clue.

Yes , I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

I bought a treasury from boardie Tiger Topper, (excellent transaction btw) partially because I see it as the first appearance but also because its such a cool book. I didn't realize how huge it is, but that just makes me want to display it even more!

Market, Shmarket. I buy what I like. If its worthless, who cares. I still like it. meh

:hi:

If anybody else is looking for a copy of the treasury, I know someone who has two to sell... :whistle:

Sorry, I didn't realize my phone autocorrected "Topher" to topper. My bad.

No worries. I appreciate the kind words.

Enormous Treasury is getting no love, and there's only around 8 copies for sale right now on ebay. I thought it would be a lot more important than it apparently is.

As far as I can determine it is the 1st full appearance for at least Ellen :shrug:

This hobby is incredibly fickle, and often there is little rhyme or reason to anything.

I'll probably get rid of my two treasury copies if I can because I don't collect treasury books and they're in my way... another reason people choose to ignore it I'm sure.

Its not fickle the Image oversized book is a one-shot never was a series. This current run is the series and its a different company. The tv option and series is the 215 version. Those are all drawbacks for the Treasury.

It is totally fickle - the main protagonist (so far) clearly first appears in the treasury edition from Image. The publisher is irrelevant, it is creator owned.

Tim has come on here and clearly has stated that was his first unpolished volley into the comic book world. She more polished in this series. Its like the Gambit uncanny x-men 266 versus the annual issue, the comic book market has made its decision. You can choose to rage against the machine but it is what it is. Just like you stated for many post earlier about how you didn't think the NYCC was worth much cause its a second print. Market has decided - not sure what complaining about it will solve. (shrug)

Ha the market hasn't even started.

That was my thought. Most people aren't even aware of the series.

No.

It is nothing like the annual 14 vs 266.

The general collecting population was lied to ( by Overstreet and nearly every other publishing company including CGC ) for decades that the annual was a cameo ( therefore their choice was skewed) , and there were questions of which came out first. Annual 14 was first and its not a cameo. This is all proven now. This is the exact same situation with Conan 23 and 24.

The Enormous treasury is suffering because people cannot fit it into their boxes and it cannot be CGC graded. It doesn't matter what company put the book out. It doesn't matter how well rounded the characters are.... for goodness sake characters are normally NOT well rounded in their first appearances. Its the same Title and same main character. The first appearance is the treasury, the market, which is still going through its motions on this book, is still undecided. If you think the market has made its choice before the show is out, you are being foolish. The regular issues are trending upward and the treasury is stagnant because of the reasons I, and others, have stated in this thread.

If the show is made and its 1/10th as popular as WD, the treasury will explode. If it doesn't get made.... you can stick them, and all your other Enormous books in your boxes with your SIXTH GUN books.

Unpolished Volley into the comic book world? :roflmao:

Do you realize that can be said for nearly every independent book ever made? Some of which contain MAJOR characters like TMNT? Is TMNT # 1 Irrelevant because it's oversized and it was an unpolished example of Eastman and Lairds work? Get a Clue.

Yes , I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Yeah well you could also argue that previews or ads in other books are first appearances too and in most cases I don't. Buy what you want, collect what you want, buy and sell what you want. I'm just tired of complainers getting upset about the why or the it shouldn't be. It is what it is deal with it.

Yeah well you could also argue that previews or ads in other books are first appearances too and in most cases I don't. Buy what you want, collect what you want, buy and sell what you want. I'm just tired of complainers getting upset about the why or the it shouldn't be. It is what it is deal with it.

What? Wait, you are comparing the Enormous Treasury to a preview?

That is simply mind boggling.

Of course buy what you want, that is not the point at all. The Treasury is the first appearance, PERIOD. There is no " arguing" about it. As has already been been said, the main character has the same name, the title of the book is the same and the overall idea is the same. You can call the Treasury less refined, or rough all you want, it doesn't matter, its still the first appearance, just as TMNT # 1 is the first appearance of the turtles. Just as caliber presents is the first appearance of the Crow, both of which are rough, unrefined starts to the characters, As is the case with all 1st appearances of new characters and stories.

I don't own a single copy of any Enormous book. I don't care what book sells for more. I was just trying to inject some sense and reality into some of the comments being made here.

I think it may be best if I let Natural Selection do its thing here instead...

Edited by Silverdream

What? Wait, you are comparing the Enormous Treasury to a preview?

That is simply mind boggling.

Of course buy what you want, that is not the point at all. The Treasury is the first appearance, PERIOD. There is no " arguing" about it. As has already said, the main character has the same name, the title of the book is the same and the overall idea is the same. You can call the Treasury less refined, or rough all you want, it doesn't matter, its still the first appearance, just as TMNT # 1 is the first appearance of the turtles. Just as caliber presents is the first appearance of the Crow, both of which are rough, unrefined starts to the characters, As is the case with all 1st appearances of new characters and stories.

I don't own a single copy of any Enormous book. I don't care what book sells for more. I was just trying to inject some sense and reality into some of the comments being made here.

I think it may be best if I let Natural Selection do its thing here instead...

I wasn't comparing Enormous to a preview try to read my quote I'll post it for you. "Yeah well you could also argue that previews or ads in other books are first appearances too and in most cases I don't. Buy what you want, collect what you want, buy and sell what you want."

Get off your bandwagon man, drink a couple cups of coffee, listen to some music and take some deep breaths. Life is too short to get bent out of shape over why one book isn't worth what it should in you opinion.

Maybe this will help cheer you up.

99774-Oleg-spring-sun-gif-Disney-Fro-WJFE.gif

Huh, well, thanks for your help!

Great, now I have that song stuck in my head...

I still haven't seen that movie, so I'm immune!

My girls had a "dance party" last night.

They are 2 and 4.

It was Frozen songs over and over and over and over, lol .

I may have lost my mind for a bit...

They are 2 and 4.

I hope you joined in!

:banana:

They are 2 and 4.

Did you have a blackout?

Hahahahaha, nope, I had to join in.

It was a "Daddy Dance Party", so I was obligated.

I have also said my piece on the Treasury.

If you are an Enormous fan, you have to get one.

Not being able to slab it will hold it back for speculation purposes, however.

Which stinks, because I would love to own a slabbed version...

I think it has a much lower ceiling than say a 1A because of this fact.

this is kind of my thought process... the market is fairly new... i think if/once the tv series takes off the treasury will get more recognition...

They are 2 and 4.

My daughter had a talent show that lasted 2 1/2 hours last night featuring, wait for it, 5 Frozen songs. The entire time I was thinking, "let me go, let me, go, I can't take this anymore.." lol

Faith No More works fine for me. Disney was stuck in my head better than 1/2 a day. lol

Edited by The Authority

this is kind of my thought process... the market is fairly new... i think if/once the tv series takes off the treasury will get more recognition...

I have a pretty strong feeling the treasury is never going to be what a #1 215 Ink book is. Even if CGC started slabbing them... few collectors would gravitate toward them unless there is some sort of odd resurgence in the format.

I get why T&M actually went with the format, it was neat, but it killed it for most collectors who just don't want to deal with it. It's easier to ignore the fact that it is a first appearance; maybe if we were talking about something the size of a magazine - similar to Starlord - things would be different.