• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

Another extremely popular variant, Enormous #1, which was limited to 250 copies, also sold out quickly.

No, he is right, this is from Bleeding Cools site. http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/10/11/nycc-the-hard-to-get-variants-for-wytches-enormous-and-spread/

With that said, good ole Rich is often not spot on....

The 106 came from Tim in this thread. Bleeding cool gets a lot of stuff right but they missed here.

ComicXposure

300 of 500 arrived at the show - ComicXposure is filling reservations limited to 1 copy of each cover. Look for more updates on available stock following the con.

215INK

Got the allotment of 100 copies of #1 NYCC Exclusive and have stock on the table for #1-#4 all standard and alternate covers.

Here is one mention.

Another extremely popular variant, Enormous #1, which was limited to 250 copies, also sold out quickly.

No, he is right, this is from Bleeding Cools site. http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/10/11/nycc-the-hard-to-get-variants-for-wytches-enormous-and-spread/

With that said, good ole Rich is often not spot on....

The 106 came from Tim in this thread. Bleeding cool gets a lot of stuff right but they missed here.

+1 I'm pretty sure Tim said 106 as well.

According to Andy, it was 106. I asked why the odd number, he mentioned a required 5% overprint. I thought it was interesting that he included this in the print run, as most other publishers go out of their way to discount that number whenever possible.

Here is another. ( Andy is from 215INK )

In regards to the NYCC, I think its all about that print run of 106. Its the smallest printed #1.

As an aside, where did the "106" count come from? I've seen references (like in Bleeding Cool and others reporting right after the con) that ranged from 250 to 500 for this issue. Is there a definitive source for this number?

That 500 number has to have made a few people sweat - it would suck to track that down and find out it was in the realm of the Hastings of Phantom. I would really feel for people who had plunked down a big chunk of cash for one.

In regards to the NYCC, I think its all about that print run of 106. Its the smallest printed #1.

As an aside, where did the "106" count come from? I've seen references (like in Bleeding Cool and others reporting right after the con) that ranged from 250 to 500 for this issue. Is there a definitive source for this number?

That 500 number has to have made a few people sweat - it would suck to track that down and find out it was in the realm of the Hastings of Phantom. I would really feel for people who had plunked down a big chunk of cash for one.

Its 106 relax it was stated several times from reliable sources.

I'm unsure why you think anyone is panicking. Just making conversation.

I'm unsure why you think anyone is panicking. Just making conversation.

Oh I know you'd like that number to be incorrect but carry on. :juggle:

I would tend to agree with Tim and the 106 number; if there were more out there, we would have seen more action on the bay in the months before the media announcement was made. It was a $2.50 comic going for $50-$100 after the convention; if there was 250 to 500, logically more sales would have occurred.

Dare I say it?

The Enormous NYCC will pass the Saga RRP high on the GPA.

I said it.

Okay, okay. A bold statement indeed. I just like all of its ingredients and can easily see this happening.

Shame on you - look at your icon! Look at it!

lol

No way am I showing any less love to Saga and don't think I'd ever part with my Saga RRP.

I may be off the wall but really feel Enormous has the makings to become a several thousand dollar slab. Especially the NYCC. So many others that have gone into that realm with nothing in the works. Look at the Mouse Guard HTF books. Some of them fetch thousands raw with a similar print run and I don't know a single person that reads it. Perhaps some feel it has the making of the next TMNT? Not sure, but if this launches into a top notch television series that is continued it very well may blow the doors off TWD slab prices.

Easy TWD crew, just a reference.

Ok fine Sir now you are making perfect sense.

jug.gif

I definitely don't expect an individual who appears to be selling off the majority of the Enormous books he owns to see the possibilities. I never said that Enormous will fetch more than certain books. Just that it is a possibility, as is anything. Of course the series needs a ton more readers, successful show, etc etc.

If I make as much sense as someone selling of their lot yet continues to post in this thread then I'm good.

I think there are a few people who wants

106 number to be incorrect and most of

them don't have a copy.

Seems sort of immature for some people to suggest this.

I honestly would have felt bad for people if the print run wasn't as low as it is thought to be...

I personally don't care what the print run is except for how it impacts people who have already bought one - I do not have a copy of this book, nor will I ever likely acquire one.

That sort of behavior seems out of line to me.

Please don't get sensitive it wasn't mean

as an attack on you personally. There are

people who go out there way to be negative

about this book and about anything else.

I believe you when say you feel for people

If the print run was higher. Its not immature

to point out the truth. :foryou:

Dare I say it?

The Enormous NYCC will pass the Saga RRP high on the GPA.

I said it.

Okay, okay. A bold statement indeed. I just like all of its ingredients and can easily see this happening.

Shame on you - look at your icon! Look at it!

lol

No way am I showing any less love to Saga and don't think I'd ever part with my Saga RRP.

I may be off the wall but really feel Enormous has the makings to become a several thousand dollar slab. Especially the NYCC. So many others that have gone into that realm with nothing in the works. Look at the Mouse Guard HTF books. Some of them fetch thousands raw with a similar print run and I don't know a single person that reads it. Perhaps some feel it has the making of the next TMNT? Not sure, but if this launches into a top notch television series that is continued it very well may blow the doors off TWD slab prices.

Easy TWD crew, just a reference.

Ok fine Sir now you are making perfect sense.

jug.gif

I definitely don't expect an individual who appears to be selling off the majority of the Enormous books he owns to see the possibilities. I never said that Enormous will fetch more than certain books. Just that it is a possibility, as is anything. Of course the series needs a ton more readers, successful show, etc etc.

If I make as much sense as someone selling of their lot yet continues to post in this thread then I'm good.

I'm not selling off my collection of Enormous just enough to make back my investment and they are mine to do with as I please. I like this title and will post here as long as I choose to. Free country. :headbang: