• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

Question about slabbing; I'm planning on submitting a number of books to CGC soon. I know generally it's only worth submitting 9.8s in the Modern category. With the low print numbers of Enormous, would submitting a book that you're pretty sure isn't a 9.8 but would be a 9.4 or 9.6 for sure increase the resale value more than the cost of grading? Would it make a difference if it was one of the more limited variants versus one of the A or B covers?

At this point, I would not grade any books that I knew not to be 9.8s. In the future...? Perhaps.

+1

For now, I wouldn't slab anything that I didn't think was 9.8 material

Does this go for the NYCC as well? I think it has a shot at 9.8, but I'm far from certain.

What kind of defects do you see?

Are they pressable?

I've been so busy at work that I can't see straight but did take the time to notice some stuff sold cheap this week. Someone sold a VF-NM copy of 1A for $59 so the next day, someone sold 1A through 5A for...you guessed it, $59 lol

There was also a CGC 9.8 1B that sold for under $80 while raw copies sold several times for $35-$40. I would call that a deal too.

Bring on #7 and the guide :banana:

I've been so busy at work that I can't see straight but did take the time to notice some stuff sold cheap this week. Someone sold a VF-NM copy of 1A for $59 so the next day, someone sold 1A through 5A for...you guessed it, $59 lol

There was also a CGC 9.8 1B that sold for under $80 while raw copies sold several times for $35-$40. I would call that a deal too.

Bring on #7 and the guide :banana:

Was wonderin' where ya been :baiting:

Since I am a buyer and not a seller or flipper like many of you, I respectfully disagree. This will be a $700 book in the next 30 days. Let's watch and see!

Getting close to a month since I said this- getting close to $700 too!

Since I am a buyer and not a seller or flipper like many of you, I respectfully disagree. This will be a $700 book in the next 30 days. Let's watch and see!

The *asking* price maybe, but the highest sales price on eBay is still just over $300.

The *asking* price maybe, but the highest sales price on eBay is still just over $300.

Although, two 9.8 NYCC 2xSS copies sold at $500 each VERY quickly to boardies a couple days ago. Not sure how that might translate into blue-label 9.8 copies, but so far there's not much sign of price resistance yet. Will be interested in seeing how quickly (or if) this current sale happens. :popcorn:

Although, two 9.8 NYCC 2xSS copies sold at $500 each VERY quickly to boardies a couple days ago. Not sure how that might translate into blue-label 9.8 copies, but so far there's not much sign of price resistance yet. Will be interested in seeing how quickly (or if) this current sale happens. :popcorn:

Make that three SS NYCC's sold VERY quickly. Two to me.

Hence me listing one of my universals, no secret.

It's pretty interesting to learn from each one of my Enormous Phantom slabs I've sold on eBay that not a single buyer had heard of the boards. I always just assume it's a boardie who is also a fan and am surprised to learn they are not on the boards as a fellow fan of the series within this thread.

The readers/collectors are out there for sure beyond the boards.

I will let you guys know what kind of action it gets.