• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

I can not think of one person here saying anything bad about this comic as a whole.

To be fair, 99.5% of the posts have been about the values and print runs. There's been very little discussion of the actual story. I was thinking of starting a separate thread for that purpose (once I catch up with the issues I haven't read) to keep the discussions separate (as I imagine anyone only interested in a discussion of the story isn't going to want to sift through the collection discussion).

This goes on in all threads. I think you're going to hear a lot more about the story after the trade comes out. I'd be willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that a lot of people are worried about damaging the covers (they are very forgiving) by opening them too far. When more people read these, they are going to get tougher to find imo.

I think a lot of these are collected for the covers...similar to those nudie girl comic covers people like....except with monsters. I never really hear much at all about the story.

Isn't that why ALL variants are collected?

;)

I can not think of one person here saying anything bad about this comic as a whole.

To be fair, 99.5% of the posts have been about the values and print runs. There's been very little discussion of the actual story. I was thinking of starting a separate thread for that purpose (once I catch up with the issues I haven't read) to keep the discussions separate (as I imagine anyone only interested in a discussion of the story isn't going to want to sift through the collection discussion).

No need to start another post I'd prefer that the story comments begin to out weight the tiresome talk about print runs and so on. And to be fair we are in the break between story arcs so not to much to discuss. I actually have issue with people calling the NYCC variant 2nd printing a RRP, that's pretty much as hogwash as you can get. Its a Con variant, and a might hard one to get at that but its not a RRP.

No need to start another post I'd prefer that the story comments begin to out weight the tiresome talk about print runs and so on. And to be fair we are in the break between story arcs so not to much to discuss. I actually have issue with people calling the NYCC variant 2nd printing a RRP, that's pretty much as hogwash as you can get. Its a Con variant, and a might hard one to get at that but its not a RRP.

I mentioned it being the equivalent on an RRP but meant in terms of value to me and the fact that EOW came out much later than the first printing. I'm certain that right this second, I can sell my CGC 9.8 Enormous #1 NYCC for more than my East of West #1 RRP. The EOW RRP is/was a variant given out at a con ( C2E2 ). The only difference in the books to me is that Enormous went straight into the hands of the fans. No middle men. :banana:

I mentioned it being the equivalent on an RRP but meant in terms of value to me and the fact that EOW came out much later than the first printing. I'm certain that right this second, I can sell my CGC 9.8 Enormous #1 NYCC for more than my East of West #1 RRP. The EOW RRP is/was a variant given out at a con ( C2E2 ). The only difference in the books to me is that Enormous went straight into the hands of the fans. No middle men. :banana:

I'm sure there were dealers that had setups at the show that were picking them up. For example, on Sunday, the Wytches NYCC variant was announced as sold out at 9:56am. The floor opens to fans at 10am.

Another extremely popular variant, Enormous #1, which was limited to 250 copies, also sold out quickly.

No, he is right, this is from Bleeding Cools site. http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/10/11/nycc-the-hard-to-get-variants-for-wytches-enormous-and-spread/

With that said, good ole Rich is often not spot on....

Was that me?

Another extremely popular variant, Enormous #1, which was limited to 250 copies, also sold out quickly.

No, he is right, this is from Bleeding Cools site. http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/10/11/nycc-the-hard-to-get-variants-for-wytches-enormous-and-spread/

Was that me?

Bleeding Cool Rich! Welcome to the boards!

Was that me?

WTTB! :hi:

Was that me?

And I see what you mean- that article I pointed to was NOT written by you- so I take it all back! You are more spot on than I gave you credit for! But seriously, I always order what you say to get on Bleeding Cool, and am never disappointed.

Was that me?

And I see what you mean- that article I pointed to was NOT written by you- so I take it all back! You are more spot on than I gave you credit for! But seriously, I always order what you say to get on Bleeding Cool, and am never disappointed.

:o

Was that me?

No Rich that was not you who wrote it but me. I was given a bad bit of advice on the print run and it was a confusion between the Comic Xposure print run and the NYCC #1 exclusive. The problem with writing at a convention and submitting so quickly is you try to fact check and even your second source could be wrong. It happens.

Was that me?

No Rich that was not you who wrote it but me. I was given a bad bit of advice on the print run and it was a confusion between the Comic Xposure print run and the NYCC #1 exclusive. The problem with writing at a convention and submitting so quickly is you try to fact check and even your second source could be wrong. It happens.

No harm, no foul. :D

There has never been much discussion of story... not a lot to talk about - monsters are on the loose, run or die!

Earlier on in this thread, prior to the "announcement", there was more talk of that sort, but never a whole lot. Mostly it was fans going "I like this!"

There aren't enough of them around. I see this one being one of the harder covers to get. I've got 4 and you can't have them. :devil:

I've got one and no one's getting it either! :grin:

Maybe we can start an "Enormous 3B Club" thread. :grin: