• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

Thanks goes to IntoAnother and Joey Gunz for the heads up that the lost #1 SS 9.8 I had sold to Joe appeared on ebay this morning.

Long story shortish: I bought it from JJeanius, and sold it to Joe, shipped via UPS, who lost it. It made its way to UPS Overgoods (Lost and Found) in Salt Lake City. Against their standard policy is was sold to a third party salvage company that buys lost/damaged packages, and then resold to the person who has it on ebay, all in less than 3 weeks. I contacted the ebay seller and he has been great and is going to end the auction and return it for a refund to the salvage company who will return it to me. This is great because UPS was going to deny my claim because the driver never scanned the package upon pickup.

Thank you Joey Gunz, IntoAnother, JJeanius. Boardies on the up and up. UPS in the dog house.

Package shipped, lost, sent to overgoods, sold as salvage, resold, all in less than 3 weeks while doing 3 days overgoods search for it. Beware.

Sidebar: Joey already picked up another #1 at this point, so if I get it back next week................. keep it?

Edited by TXReplicant

If Joe paid for it, it's his...if you paid for it, it's yours.

As long as no one got reimbursed for the loss that is.

Gary has already refunded me a week and a half ago and I have sourced another. I said get it redone with the right label and keep it. Maybe the universe's way or returning something to you that you shouldn't have given up in the first place.

The thanks needs to go to IntoAnother who knowing the story, spotted the book and let me know right away. I, in turn, contacted the seller and got the story and contacted Gary, because it was the right thing to do.

On occasion I hear IntoAnother's name mentioned in a negative way. Ever since I met kelly here, he has been a class act. Just wanted to write it down

Thanks goes to IntoAnother and Joey Gunz for the heads up that the lost #1 SS 9.8 I had sold to Joe appeared on ebay this morning.

Long story shortish: I bought it from JJeanius, and sold it to Joe, shipped via UPS, who lost it. It made its way to UPS Overgoods (Lost and Found) in Salt Lake City. Against their standard policy is was sold to a third party salvage company that buys lost/damaged packages, and then resold to the person who has it on ebay, all in less than 3 weeks. I contacted the ebay seller and he has been great and is going to end the auction and return it for a refund to the salvage company who will return it to me. This is great because UPS was going to deny my claim because the driver never scanned the package upon pickup.

Thank you Joey Gunz, IntoAnother, JJeanius. Boardies on the up and up. UPS in the dog house.

Package shipped, lost, sent to overgoods, sold as salvage, resold, all in less than 3 weeks while doing 3 days overgoods search for it. Beware.

Sidebar: Joey already picked up another #1 at this point, so if I get it back next week................. keep it?

Wow, great luck, congratulations.

That looks amazing! I just read this..... http://comicsheatingup.net/2015/04/03/more-enormous-news-right-around-the-corner/

getting exciting for sure.

I've been wracking my brain over this... I can't figure out what would constitute a truly big announcement at this stage in the game.

Until I hear otherwise, I have to assume this is probably a little rah-rah promotion :)

That looks amazing! I just read this..... http://comicsheatingup.net/2015/04/03/more-enormous-news-right-around-the-corner/

getting exciting for sure.

I've been wracking my brain over this... I can't figure out what would constitute a truly big announcement at this stage in the game.

Until I hear otherwise, I have to assume this is probably a little rah-rah promotion :)

Scratches my head it means what it means. Do you think its just fluff without a reason? Its more tv news that will be announced soon.

:makepoint:

It could be a number of things from a show runner attached to the series, a network showing interest, a pilot has been submitted and or a pilot order, or something else entirely.

Edited by natevegas

I mean I can't think of what meaningful news they could have this early in... unless we're not as early in as I think we are.

Interested to hear what the news actually is, we've been hearing hints of something for a week or so now.

As I posted earlier after talking to Adrian. he was very excited about what was going on with this project. Its still a process, best to wait for news, not get to carried away, as much as we all would like to.

Pilot showing on tv in June would be big news

That would be big news - seems impossible though.

Outcast should tell you anything is possible if the right people get behind a project. 2c

Not really. No one has been cast, no one is hired for anything, there are (to our knowledge) no scripts.

You can't throw all of that together, film something, do post production, and throw it on television in a few months time. Especially not something that will in all likelihood require a good deal of special effects.

Astoria has the right idea. Lets not get carried away. Someone recently called me 'Captain Obvious' for posting 'obvious things' to these type of threads, but to me, at times, it seems necessary so sometimes I do.

Outcast should tell you anything is possible if the right people get behind a project. 2c

Not really. No one has been cast, no one is hired for anything, there are (to our knowledge) no scripts.

You can't throw all of that together, film something, do post production, and throw it on television in a few months time. Especially not something that will in all likelihood require a good deal of special effects.

Astoria has the right idea. Lets not get carried away. Someone recently called me 'Captain Obvious' for posting 'obvious things' to these type of threads, but to me, at times, it seems necessary so sometimes I do.

At the same time why play both sides of the issue, first its impossible news could be forthcoming yet at the same time believe something is happening? I'll give you the example of Outcast once again. After only a few issues were on the stands not only was a pilot ordered but also Cinemax put a 10 episode season order. I don't care that how you look at things, its possible we all don't know what exactly is happening behind the scenes. In the example I gave a group of "someone's" over at Cinemax put their money on Outcast.

Edited by natevegas

At the same time why play both sides of the issue, first its impossible news could be forthcoming yet at the same time believe something is happening? I'll give you the example of Outcast once again. After only a few issues were on the stands not only was a pilot ordered but also Cinemax put a 10 episode season order. I don't care that how you look at things, its possible we all don't know what exactly is happening behind the scenes. In the example I gave a group of "someone's" over at Cinemax put their money on Outcast.

I'm not trying to - I was basically saying 'anything is possible' while at the same time saying truly meaningful news isn't coming in the next announcement. There is always the chance of being wrong, I'd be a blowhard if I didn't acknowledge that.

When is Outcast airing?

Outcast should tell you anything is possible if the right people get behind a project. 2cyou're the creative force behind another hugely popular television show.

FTFY. I think that's the key difference here. One is a known quantity to television people and will get extra attention.