• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

This book is on fire. Issue #3 for $19.99 yesterday. Even the 2nd print #1 ( It is a cool cover ) is bringing $9.00 and the 2nd print Phantom variants are up to $10-$15. I hope everybody was able to get at least some regular covers from 215INK at NYCC. I know they had then at a great price the 1st 2 days. I think we're starting to see that Enormous is growing on the primary and secondary markets. Woohoo ! :D

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=enormous&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Edited by The Authority

This book is on fire. Issue #3 for $19.99 yesterday. Even the 2nd print #1 ( It is a cool cover ) is bringing $9.00 and the 2nd print Phantom variants are up to $10-$15. I hope everybody was able to get at least some regular covers from 215INK at NYCC. I know they had then at a great price the 1st 2 days. I think we're starting to see that Enormous is growing on the primary and secondary markets. Woohoo ! :D

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=enormous&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Think the heat on the issue 1 second print is largely a result of the fact that only 800 were printed. So...will end up being one of the tougher ones.

I went through a large stack of them at NYCC, and the vast majority of the ones at the show were also badly damaged.

Edited by jjeanius

Think the heat on the issue 1 second print is largely a result of the fact that only 800 were printed. So...will end up being one of the tougher ones.

I went through a large stack of them at NYCC, and the vast majority of the ones at the show were also badly damaged.

Actually there only 600 of the 1 2nd print, total count of all three 2nd prints of 1 is around 1900. This includes both Kaiju covers as well.

I thought it was ridiculous that ComicXposure was charging $20 each for the variants. The cover art is not new (they are re-purposed splash pages), and there is nothing key about issue 4. Just a lazy shop variant. I passed.

Edited by jjeanius

I thought it was ridiculous that ComicXposure was charging $20 each for the variants. The cover art is not new (they are re-purposed splash pages), and there is nothing key about issue 4. Just a lazy shop variant. I passed.

Tough call. They know full well most of the people buying them are going to flip them for profit. Why shouldn't they make a little money on a hot comic? I am sure they have plenty of books they can't give away, so when a hot one comes along, surely they deserve to make a little extra on them. And in this case, I am sure they sold all they had to sell.

I got to the 215 booth early on Thursday and they had what I needed.

Was pleasantly surprised to see all of the books in stock. Had to dig through some stacks for the pretty copies but that is par for the course for most exclusives now.

The only exclusive I went for was the #1 NYCC.

By the time I got to the ComicXposure booth, they were out of one of the variant covers and the remaining others were not in great shape. They did offer to put me down for a pre-order so that I'd get some once they got their additional quantity. Always a nice thing to do but I did pass. Had they been $10 each, I would have grabbed a beat up one just to have it.

All in all - it was a success for me. None of my local shops ordered this title when it was first released.

According to Andy, it was 106. I asked why the odd number, he mentioned a required 5% overprint. I thought it was interesting that he included this in the print run, as most other publishers go out of their way to discount that number whenever possible.

First stop on Thursday and got some minty sets :cloud9:

It was an hour before the con opened and the 215 crew let's us get down to business it was nice to not have to line up of hover around pretending not to be in line lol

I was also there an hour before it opened but the #1 NYCC variants were not unpacked yet. Since I was on the list to have it held I was not concerned. Went back Saturday and was told I should have picked it up Thursday. Good to know.

Kind of thought these would have picked up some more steam by now. Over on the Wytches thread, #1's are burning up! With the limited number of books, I'm surprised these aren't climbing rapidly on eBay.

Wytches was HEAVILY and DESERVEDLY promoted everywhere prior to hitting the shelves. I'm expecting a huge print run on this but equally a huge demand. The print run on the first 3 issues of Enormous was relatively small and the majority of promotion is coming from word of mouth, setting up at cons, and a push from dealers like Larry getting the word out to places like comicsheatingup.net.

I think the book will grow because it offers both a cool story and fabulous art. Unfortuately, it will take a while to get this book up to Image type sales numbers. The good news is that there is a distinct possibility that this could happen in the future imo. If your selling these, you're happy because they're bringing over $10 each in runs and if you're a buyer, it's still cheap enough to buy in and get in on the ground floor.

Edited by The Authority