• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

I saw this today and had to share. They have some GREAT things to say about 215Ink and that Enormous was the 2nd most sought after title (only behind Wytches):

http://comicsheatingup.net/2014/10/15/nycc-experience/

I love the last sentence of the Enormous 'review'.

Enormous and 215Ink gots it goin' on!!! :golfclap:

Edited by 21Pittsburgh58

I think was the first people could order after #1 if you didn't order right away. When I asked my LCS owner (also a friend of mine from high school) to put it on my file a week after 1 came out the first issue he was able to order. And even then he only ordered 3 of each. So I assume even though there is more of #4 it was still low on the radar unless stores acted quickly (atleast here in Canada)

Edited by Hurtszick

Wytches has new series-just released hype, perfectly timed with NYCC and it has Image behind it. Enormous is on issue #4 already (at least, this week we should see it), has smaller 215ink behind it, and is still trying to find it's core readership. Remember, only 4K issues are probably coming out for #4...Wytches will probably have 10X that with their 1st issue (probably 20X). Lot more people want Wytches "exclusive" items and the market is showing that.

I'm not complaining though; very happy I got my NYCC Enormous #1 for 2 fer $5!

Want more, but price on the bay is about $50 per copy....

Print run on #4 is about 6K from what I was told. :applause:

This is why they are still somewhat difficult to pick up. Should be easier to find at a lower price point on eBay though

Tough to build readership on a new book when the print run is so low. Positive word-of-mouth is great, but you still need to get the book into people's hands. Hopefully the TPB will help quite a bit. If the TPB is marketed properly I would expect a spike in print run once the second arc takes off. If ever there was a good time for a dirt cheap volume 1, this is it.

Tough to build readership on a new book when the print run is so low. Positive word-of-mouth is great, but you still need to get the book into people's hands. Hopefully the TPB will help quite a bit. If the TPB is marketed properly I would expect a spike in print run once the second arc takes off. If ever there was a good time for a dirt cheap volume 1, this is it.

+1

It works for Image.

Tough to build readership on a new book when the print run is so low. boardies buy up all of the copies as soon as they hit the shelves.

FTFY. Both are true. While I've picked up an extra copy when they've hit the shelves at the store (and a few at NYCC), I make sure to leave some for the next person. I think for the value to hold long-term, enough of them need to get out into the hands of people that don't know about them.

Interestingly here in Melbourne my LCS which has a standing order for me for one of each cover didn't receive them; yet down the road at another store (where I previously found two copies of issue 2) there were 4x copies of the Oeming Cover B. Ended up grabbing two copies (the other two were a little beat up).

I'm hanging out for the trade/digital editions as that should see a bump in readership. When did Enormouscomic say that was coming?

In other news, should be getting a delivery from CGC later today...

I'm hanging out for the trade/digital editions as that should see a bump in readership. When did Enormouscomic say that was coming?

Do me a favor? Take a shot of the Oeming cover over yonder in Australia and send it to me in a PM. I'd like to post it around the social nets.

As for Comixology - early next year after #6 sees print. The plan is to release all 6 issues and the Field Guide in one shot.

TPB is looking like March 2015!