• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
5 5

7,208 posts in this topic

just for clarification purposes-- if someone who is on the 30 day clock uses the 48 hour rule to claim the latest item, does that reset their clock to 30 days from the latest claim?

You're asking if you claimed something on July 4th and can't claim something again until August 4th, BUT claim something via the 48 Hour Exception on July 15th, is your 30 day period extended until August 15th?

No.

The 48 Hour Exception does not change your waiting period.

This is your thread so it's your rules but I'll just point this out, because you may or may not have considered it.

:whistle:

Items taken after 48 hour rule

Scenario A - Recent "taker" grabs something after 48 hours, clock doesn't reset

Scenario B - New "taker" grabs something after 48 hours, they get put on the sidelines for 30 days

If you're saying only items taken within the first 48 hours count for everybody's clocks - which might help all offers move on day 3 - then that rule makes sense....but the way I'm interpreting your stated clock rules seems to favor "frequent flyers".

(shrug)

2c

What you're saying makes sense. If a new "taker" grabs something after 48 hours, and since they have no 30 day waiting period, they wouldn't be affected by the 30 day rule since they took the offer while the 48 Hour Exception was in play? Seems to make sense.

just for clarification purposes-- if someone who is on the 30 day clock uses the 48 hour rule to claim the latest item, does that reset their clock to 30 days from the latest claim?

You're asking if you claimed something on July 4th and can't claim something again until August 4th, BUT claim something via the 48 Hour Exception on July 15th, is your 30 day period extended until August 15th?

No.

The 48 Hour Exception does not change your waiting period.

This is your thread so it's your rules but I'll just point this out, because you may or may not have considered it.

:whistle:

Items taken after 48 hour rule

Scenario A - Recent "taker" grabs something after 48 hours, clock doesn't reset

Scenario B - New "taker" grabs something after 48 hours, they get put on the sidelines for 30 days

If you're saying only items taken within the first 48 hours count for everybody's clocks - which might help all offers move on day 3 - then that rule makes sense....but the way I'm interpreting your stated clock rules seems to favor "frequent flyers".

(shrug)

2c

What you're saying makes sense. If a new "taker" grabs something after 48 hours, and since they have no 30 day waiting period, they wouldn't be affected by the 30 day rule since they took the offer while the 48 Hour Exception was in play? Seems to make sense.

Then why would anyone take anything until the 48hrs are up if it should have no effect. :eyeroll: Sounds like someone wanting to game the system.

Edited by Shadow Images

:troll:

I'll get this out of the way.

:D

You sure have a lot of opinion on a thread you have not participated in.

tumblr_m3fmu9ilii1r5c2fso1_250_zpsfe0ad8fa.gif

Ouch the dreaded: "non-participants slam" from a n00b :flamed:

With the added bonus of a gratuitous gif endorsement from one of Harvey's Henchmen ® - endorsing the "give us stuff or STFU & GTFO" strategy popularized by the inner circle.

#1cool #hulksmash #jsilver #cahookie

...but then the Scenario B guy gets to take anything after 48 hrs as well. He's only sidelined for 30 days just like the Scenario A guy was in the first place.

I'm not seeing how it favors anybody (shrug)

I'm just not sure how Harvey meant 8 (b) to be interpreted.

I'm saying that the Scenario B guy shouldn't get the month long 48 hour restriction if the frequent flyers don't roll forward.

That would be equal treatment, how is this unclear?

The fair alternative is to roll forward the frequent flyers based on their most recent 48 hour "take".

Ah. Now I see what you mean.

If the "new guy" doesn't snag an offer in the first 48 hrs, then he may be penalized a little more than a prior participant waiting for his 30 day reset.

Thing is, I believe Harvey wants to keep the rules as simple as possible, which promotes participation and also eases the monitoring of the thread.

In the interests of fairness, Harvey has already made the rules a bit more complicated than he first intended, based on the evolution of the rules and his posts. Harvey's keeping track of quite a bit as it is.

I suggest if you have an idea for a thread with a set of rules that level the playing field under every possible scenario, set it up and take the time to supervise it. Be an example and show people how it's done.

It seems to me if this Spiderman offer isn't what a single person considers worth grabbing this thread has pretty much been narrowed down to those that have already participated. Could be wrong but I'm thinking people really are afraid to grab something.

Maybe some folks don't collect Spider-Man

:shrug:

It seems to me if this Spiderman offer isn't what a single person considers worth grabbing this thread has pretty much been narrowed down to those that have already participated. Could be wrong but I'm thinking people really are afraid to grab something.

Nah. People here are very much into condition. Low grade comics are not as much in demand (unless it's an AF15) lol

Grades were originally posted (low grades), then mysteriously disappeared. There's only one grade listed now and the offerer says that's what someone else said the grade was. So does the offerer even agree with that grade? (shrug) Why say what someone else grades it as? Is that a way of avoiding responsibility if the person who takes it finds out it is actually a much lower grade?

REALLY good suggestions. Thank you! :foryou: I'll have to tinker with them tomorrow. :P

I wish I could say they came from a good place but I'm only here to watch this thing burn to the ground.

:popcorn:

I was going to reply, but I'm just going to ignore those that are really here solely to 1zykoi9.gif and hope for a train wreck. They're not here to genuinely participate so I urge others that really do want to participate to do the same.

In other words - :troll:

(thumbs u

:bump:

I've said this already in a few threads. bababooey does not like me and that's cool. But don't be fooled into thinking his musings, ponderings or suggestions are for any other reason than to stir the pot and undermine me and this thread.

With the added bonus of a gratuitous gif endorsement from one of Harvey's Henchmen ® - endorsing the "give us stuff or STFU & GTFO" strategy popularized by the inner circle.

:facepalm:

I would never be part of an inner circle that included 1cool.

Wth did I say?

No just haven't had a chance to use that community gif

But there is a valid point - you seem invested enough to post an opinion. (Some of which I've agreed with (check) but it's much simpler to dismiss me than to answer the question

I'm sad I'm not in the inner circle. :sorry:

Wth did I say?

:gossip: Attention seeker. Troll. Pay him no mind.

You can take 1cool's spot. He was about to be voted off the island anyway.

:takeit:

I suggest if you have an idea for a thread with a set of rules that level the playing field under every possible scenario, set it up and take the time to supervise it. Be an example and show people how it's done.

...or just engage in argument and call people names. That's productive. :cool:

:takeit:
Ok, but you have to be the one to inform him via PM. :fear:

Awww, you actually think I give a mess how many post you have. Sorry to disappoint your fragile ego.

REALLY good suggestions. Thank you! :foryou: I'll have to tinker with them tomorrow. :P

I wish I could say they came from a good place but I'm only here to watch this thing burn to the ground.

:popcorn:

I was going to reply, but I'm just going to ignore those that are really here solely to 1zykoi9.gif and hope for a train wreck. They're not here to genuinely participate so I urge others that really do want to participate to do the same.

In other words - :troll:

(thumbs u

:bump:

I've said this already in a few threads. bababooey does not like me and that's cool. But don't be fooled into thinking his musings, ponderings or suggestions are for any other reason than to stir the pot and undermine me and this thread.

I don't think that clarification about scenario A/B were intended to cause any drama here. (shrug)

My later post with the hashtags was. :devil:

I give you credit for trying to do this thread & don't dislike you... (shrug)

You need to read the words I type & stop focusing on my handsome avatar & leaping to conclusions.

2c