• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

The GT offer I claimed from Gunnz arrived on Saturday! I'm looking forward to diving into the new reading material, and I'm sure my son will LOVE the action figure. And these are my first two slabs. I've never even held a slab before - now I'm starting to understand the appeal.

Long live The Giving Tree! :D

I'm sure most collectors don't own a single slab.

Well, there are a good number who apparently like to collect high grade slabbed, but surely most see the professional grading as a warranty in case you have to sell the book(s). :)

Well, there are a good number who apparently like to collect high grade slabbed...

Yep, they're called "rich people." :)

Peace,

Chip

I wouldn't say "rich." In my case, I just happen to work a demanding job that has long hours so I like to reward myself with nice comics. :) Despite what many in modern society may think, working hard does have its benefits.

I like slabs because of the protection they provide and I like how they display. While Mylars also display nice, I still love to be able to hang up a slab, and people are able to see who the creators are and why its a key issue or anything else. I think thats one of the coolest parts, for someone to see the slab and it mentions a first appearance or key story arc. Thats why I like getting my books slabbed, not for selling, but personal preferance.

Surely they were generalizations, but I would not be able to keep my own books slabbed, although I see Stanley’s point: I recently set up a very nice label layout to print and attach behind the backing boards of my books, where I can add all the information I need.

Richness is based on how much you earn, not how much you spend… I easily overspent according to my salary for a good number of months… :eek:

I like slabs because of the protection they provide and I like how they display. While Mylars also display nice, I still love to be able to hang up a slab, and people are able to see who the creators are and why its a key issue or anything else. I think thats one of the coolest parts, for someone to see the slab and it mentions a first appearance or key story arc. Thats why I like getting my books slabbed, not for selling, but personal preferance.

That's why I like my books slabbed too. The protection, especially for the older books is a nice benefit. Just like you, I like that it has a notation of 1st app, etc...

That's why I like my books slabbed too. The protection, especially for the older books is a nice benefit. Just like you, I like that it has a notation of 1st app, etc...

One other great thing is restoration detection. I don't trust myself at all when it comes to older books. I've never had a raw restored book, so I don't know what to look for. It's nice knowing a book isn't restored (even though it's not 100% correct all the time :gossip: ).

Ok so this is taking forever because I am also Rendering a picture which is going to take another 9 hours. :c. But here is some of the Art by the Amazing and awesome Kav.

lt0udbrl.jpg

Ot2FYiLl.jpg

gF2Gyqrl.jpg

0DQ1CyXl.jpg

pt764Qal.jpg

bieTAvLl.jpg

wnlpYtkl.jpg

And those 6 WoodGods I just got today. Total is now 7 I own.

I will be editing this post. As I add more pictures. I will also scan some of my favorites. (But it will be hard because they are all so awesome!)

Edited by Kystix

PS I wanted to say again...my gift from tilleycs was really awesome,super packed and had a wonderful surprise!!!!

He is a really cool guy as well....

Thanks, big guy! Glad you enjoyed your surprise (once the package finally got there! lol ). Glad to have made another friend on the boards.

Ok so this is taking forever because I am also Rendering a picture which is going to take another 9 hours. :c. But here is some of the Art by the Amazing and awesome Kav.

lt0udbrl.jpg

Ot2FYiLl.jpg

gF2Gyqrl.jpg

0DQ1CyXl.jpg

pt764Qal.jpg

bieTAvLl.jpg

wnlpYtkl.jpg

And those 6 WoodGods I just got today. Total is now 7 I own.

I will be editing this post. As I add more pictures. I will also scan some of my favorites. (But it will be hard because they are all so awesome!)

Those are awesome.

Great job Kav! :applause: