• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

How do you interpret this?

I am really not following you… and the reason for which you think not commenting is a "neutral" stance: it’s not.

So, what is the reason for not commenting when an offer is subpar? I would think it's because you don't want to be seen as "being negative" but I guess I've gotten it all wrong.

What is your reason for not commenting when you don't think an offer is good? :popcorn:

It’s obviously not: I tend to see mostly the negative all the time (in many situations) – it‘s a tendency I have, so I work against it.

It also clearly depends on how you "don’t comment". I prefer to comment when I see an evolution to the situation, as it usually helps to judge with more balance.

There are different ways of NOT commenting?? ???

No, I did not explain myself clearly: there are differents attitudes, and obviously – as every other human behavior – an absence of comments can be misinterpreted. :)

Claudio,

When someone claims a very nice offering and in return they offer up something that isn't up to par with what they claimed and the community doesn't speak up honestly with what they see, what you end up doing to those that would game the system (oftentimes referred to as "donkeys") is this: :idea:

jzxiu.png

It didnt actually close, it is still open but needs to be self regulated. Swick is just not going to keep track of everything, or at least that is how I interpreted it at the time.

I quite agree with Johnny, especially on the first part. Wall Crawler's and the last offer were definitely good offers, so there should be some distinction between what does not get taken because its quite lousy and what does not get taken simply because its not the right moment (in a different moment I could have taken one of Wall Crawler's offers).

BTW, I just received his first offer, and the books are great! Thanks pal!

The improved Marvel Spotlight #32 is :cloud9: compared to my previous VG copy.

l6gSsSNh.jpg

I have not looked here since I received my strike and comment for my last junk offer so seeing one book from my previous offer posted takes some of that "strike sting" away.

I am not sure what the solution is but I tell ya, being someone who was interested and took the thread seriously, it sucks getting a strike and being lumped in with what may have been legitimately disingenuous offers.

Again, not sure what, if any solution is, but it does leave a bad feeling. I think the sure fire way though to make sure your offer gets taken is to commission some OA from KAV.

I don't quite understand, why if you want the thread to be just like the PIF you don't participate in the thread? Take the current offer there and see if you can get that thread jumpstarted or start your own thread.

I restarted the thread the first time it died and now feel like it was just a waste of money and goodwill. Everyone seemed to be waiting for the big gives and not just looking for something in there collecting focus. Just the way it seemed. That and a lot of people said they were scared to participate.

Harvey said the thread can go on without him, so throw something up if you want or move on.

I don't quite understand, why if you want the thread to be just like the PIF you don't participate in the thread? Take the current offer there and see if you can get that thread jumpstarted or start your own thread.

I restarted the thread the first time it died and now feel like it was just a waste of money and goodwill. Everyone seemed to be waiting for the big gives and not just looking for something in there collecting focus. Just the way it seemed. That and a lot of people said they were scared to participate.

Harvey said the thread can go on without him, so throw something up if you want or move on.

I participate in both threads. And I'm not advocating this thread be like PIF. The thing I've got a problem with is that if nobody takes any of your offers, you still get the offer you took absent a veto. IMO if none of your offers are taken, then you should not get the offer you took. Isn't that an underlying principle of The Giving Tree, you take and you give back. If nobody took any of your offers, how is it giving back? Doesn't that have the same effect as not offering anything in return?

That was always one of my concerns as well. I understood the premise that they would eventually get their strikes and then banned from participating but by then they could have scored 3 sweet items. I am referring of course to the very very few that would try to scam and not those that made an honest effort to put good stuff up. If no one took my stuff, I don't think I could accept the previous offer in good conscious.