• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
5 5

7,208 posts in this topic

Your free and clear, but... you might not want to grab too many freebies in too short of a time. I could see that leading to a whole new discussion.

Your free and clear, but... you might not want to grab too many freebies in too short of a time. I could see that leading to a whole new discussion.

No I get it, I did give something too though, I'm sending a freebie to 1cool

Oh, I know! I was just throwing that out there. It is totally up for grabs for whoever wants it. I think it is an awesome offer and very generous of him. Well done again Ajuillay!

Maybe we need a separate unreciprocated freebie thread.

Its on the the first page, Random Acts of Kindness.

Went searching. Page 7. Ain't nobody got time for that.

That taco truck was an awesome offer wow! I look away for one second... Something will come up in my wheelhouse. I keep looking around my comic room for wicked offers hrmmm. hm

Edited by Colicab

Now, as it's the Giving tree, and it's a freebie - if ajulliay doesn't mind - can I add this to Ducky's offer, in the hope that this thread keeps rolling?

Rule 4

Well I already claimed the Hellheim, but if its allowed, could I :takeit: for the wife? Shes a Deadpool and Taco fan!

No rules regarding unofficial giveaways. I think you're free and clear.

Rule 5

Rule 5 and second post of the thread.

:frustrated:

Does anyone know when Ducky's first offer was posted? I think the 48 period is up tonight but I can't find the time he posted up his first offer.

Thanks Harvey!

Of course its at night here in the East. I guess the set wont be coming to Ohio since I'm sure it will be gone by the time I get up at 6:30 :cry:

Edited by 1Cool

Well I already claimed the Hellheim, but if its allowed, could I :takeit: for the wife? Shes a Deadpool and Taco fan!

No rules regarding unofficial giveaways. I think you're free and clear.

Rule 5

Context: Clearly freebies/donations are allowed. He was asking if he could claim a second. Would it have been clearer if I had said "No rules limiting the number of items taken from donations"? I think he got the point.

Rule 5 and second post of the thread.

:frustrated:

Context: Again. It was understood by all that donations are allowed. CAHokie had just mentioned that people should probably still take it easy and not gobble up too many donations. This comment I made in jest indicating that a new thread specifically for donations could have its own complete ruleset regarding the number of items one could take within a given period of time.

So, calm down?

Edited by erazer

Late night free offer

SDCC 2013 Hasbro Deadpool Taco Truck

feh3dy.jpg

If you want it, take it.

I went to find out more about this item on E-Bay and WOW - that's one heck of a free offer man! Those things not only look sweet but they are like gold. (worship)

I thought at first there was tacos inside which seemed a little strange but its sweet that the inside is stuff full of figures. Great idea Marvel!

Edited by 1Cool

Yeah... I wasnt specifically saying he shouldnt take it, just that there has only been a few free offers that were not specifically given to someone, so it is pretty awesome when they are offered.

Yeah... I wasnt specifically saying he shouldnt take it, just that there has only been a few free offers that were not specifically given to someone, so it is pretty awesome when they are offered.

...so people shouldn't be hogs and give others a chance to claim freebies. Makes perfect sense. If not it'd be reminiscent to those that just laid in wait over in the PIF thread... hm:idea:

Man this is confusing.

For someone who is hopping into this thread I can imagine it being confusing. The official offer can always be found on the 2nd post of the thread and there are extra freebees being offered from time to time. The new "wrinkle" is official offers can now be taken by anyone if the offer sits for more than two days. The effects of this new rule are yet to be seen but I think they will be mostly positive unless you are sitting around waiting for that ultra special premium offer to be posted by someone.

...so people shouldn't be hogs and give others a chance to claim freebies. Makes perfect sense. If not it'd be reminiscent to those that just laid in wait over in the PIF thread... hm:idea:

The definition of a hog can vary person to person which can cause issues. Would once every two weeks be a good time frame for not appearing to be excessive? Unless a free offer sits for more than a day then it is up for grabs?