• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

Maybe. I don't have the extensive collection some people do. I know that I can pick up a VF/NM #298 for $45-50 on my usual comic-buying haunt. I've just not wanted to pull that trigger just yet.

The two Superman HCs are $20 each. If I recall correctly, the 3 Anita books are $20 each (at least $15 each). The DVD set isn't as expensive anymore, but the two Buffy TPs are $18 each.

Maybe my offers aren't as awesome as an ASM #40 or some OA, but I think the "values" are pretty consistent. At least, I hope so. :)

So I've been sitting back, not really wanting to shake the boat, but unless someone can educate me on some of the stuff in the new offer, I'm gonna go ahead and Veto this.

Especially as 1cool mentioned, these will likely stall the thread in my opinion, also I don't see them on the same........giving level :shrug: If I'm the bad guy, so be it. Also it maybe because of my lack of knowledge regarding the offer

You can't brother. Only the previous offeror - Ducky - can use a veto. :sorry:

I would love to participate in this, but after reading all the rules and still seeing so much indescision, I'm worried that my offering wouldn't come close to what was received...

I'm still not 100% sure how the offerings are being judged... What would the response be to a GFT OZ #2 fan expo variant Ltd. 500 cgc 9.6?

Not trying to cause problems, just looking for clarification...

So I've been sitting back, not really wanting to shake the boat, but unless someone can educate me on some of the stuff in the new offer, I'm gonna go ahead and Veto this.

Especially as 1cool mentioned, these will likely stall the thread in my opinion, also I don't see them on the same........giving level :shrug: If I'm the bad guy, so be it. Also it maybe because of my lack of knowledge regarding the offer

You can't brother. Only the previous offeror - Ducky - can use a veto. :sorry:

Problem solved

Evidently my offers weren't good enough to appease the crowd. I resend my offers. Back to the Spideys.

(thumbs u

(No need to worry about those all-powerful "strikes". I know when I'm not wanted. I'll not be back.)

I don't know anything about the books you posted but I think it was kind of harsh that talk of vetoing your offer came about so soon after you posted (about 11 minutes) especially since the previous offer went for a couple hours before such talk was even brought up and those books were pretty bad.

Wouldn't posting opinions about the offers so soon after its offered scare away new participants?

I would love to participate in this, but after reading all the rules and still seeing so much indescision, I'm worried that my offering wouldn't come close to what was received...

I'm still not 100% sure how the offerings are being judged... What would the response be to a GFT OZ #2 fan expo variant Ltd. 500 cgc 9.6?

It should be a 9.8 :baiting:

It should be a 9.8 :baiting:

That's what I told CGC. :(

Evidently my offers weren't good enough to appease the crowd. I resend my offers. Back to the Spideys.

(thumbs u

(No need to worry about those all-powerful "strikes". I know when I'm not wanted. I'll not be back.)

:bump: this edit.....

I guess Ducky's offer is still on the clock. (shrug)

Current offer (better pics)

The more I look at them the better they appear I think they would grade 9.4 with off white pages

Look for yourself

Amazing Spider-Man 298

image_zps4283637c.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man 299

image_zps2f549667.jpg

Current offer

Maybe. I don't have the extensive collection some people do. I know that I can pick up a VF/NM #298 for $45-50 on my usual comic-buying haunt. I've just not wanted to pull that trigger just yet.

The two Superman HCs are $20 each. If I recall correctly, the 3 Anita books are $20 each (at least $15 each). The DVD set isn't as expensive anymore, but the two Buffy TPs are $18 each.

Maybe my offers aren't as awesome as an ASM #40 or some OA, but I think the "values" are pretty consistent. At least, I hope so. :)

It's not all about money but since you asked for clarification. The Spiderman 298 & 299 will have to be taken as a pair since that was the offer. I can't imagine things will work well if people can take partial offers. And the 298 is a $50 book where as the books you have in your offer are $5 books on most sites. I assume you are quoting cover price for your books which is not reasonable since they all go for much less then cover if you were to buy or sell them second hand.

It's not all about money but since you asked for clarification. The Spiderman 298 & 299 will have to be taken as a pair since that was the offer. I can't imagine things will work well if people can take partial offers. And the 298 is a $50 book where as the books you have in your offer are $5 books on most sites. I assume you are quoting cover price for your books which is not reasonable since they all go for much less then cover if you were to buy or sell them second hand.

I was out for a while and missed all of the excitement. This reminds me of what I overheard at a baseball card show a few years back. "I would rather have one $100 card, than 100 one dollar cards." I think the same principal would apply here, as the offers have for the most part been for a handful of valuable books, not the opposite of that.

Well then, the person whose item they claimed should have vetoed their offer then, right? :baiting:

We discussed this already. It's somewhere in the thread. (thumbs u

You rule this thread with an iron fist. :sumo:

hm

:news::o:news::o:news::o:news::o:news::o:news::o:news::o:news:

I had discussed Kav's art with him in the past and thought it was pretty cool. When I created this thread, Kav had told me he wanted to participate, but was worried he wouldn't be able to offer enough. I suggested a piece of his OA and told him I would personally :takeit: for a piece of Kav OA. He asks me for my address and sends me this. :cloud9:

First off - here is the package is the package that arrived at my office today! :headbang:

15oxtsi.jpg

Here is what was in the package! This is my first piece of published OA. :banana:

104gfx0.jpg

30dihc3.jpg

15i0pd4.jpg

f3e2ol.jpg

17bmu9.jpg

2q0ttoy.jpg

8xocwk.jpg

2yxgqc4.jpg

All I can say is THANK YOU Kav! (worship):foryou:

:news::o:news::o:news::o:news::o:news::o:news::o:news::o:news:

(worship)

Very Cool! I'd def throw an :takeit: for something like that!