• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Summer Featured Auction

338 posts in this topic

I think the Wolverine and Ronin pages have a ways to go, especially Wolverine. Not sure on the DD page.

Price discovery?????????:o

(tsk)

I actually used price discovery for the first (and likely last) time in the recent heritage auction. That was a bit of a unique situation though.

Some serious early price discovery on the Frank Miller pages. The Wolverine, Daredevil and Ronin pages are already at $7800, $2900 and $3733 in the first day of bidding.

The wolverine page is awesome.

It really is. I like the Ronin page as well. But I agree that the Sienkiewicz cover is the one I would love to have among all others in this auction.

I really like the Journey into Mystery 112 splash (saw it in person back in the early 90s at the Las Vegas show and it is spectacular in person).

Also like the Green Hornet 14 cover

Disclaimer, neither are mine but I wish both were.

I think the Wolverine and Ronin pages have a ways to go, especially Wolverine. Not sure on the DD page.

Price discovery?????????:o

(tsk)

I actually used price discovery for the first (and likely last) time in the recent heritage auction. That was a bit of a unique situation though.

Some serious early price discovery on the Frank Miller pages. The Wolverine, Daredevil and Ronin pages are already at $7800, $2900 and $3733 in the first day of bidding.

Agreed. Those Miller pages have a looooong way to go. Not much discovery yet.

Scott

As an aside did anyone see this?

Daredevil 177

$40,000 sale for Frank Miller cover. Someone got a bargain. I would have snapped that up if I had seen it

Did not see it. But it had been offered around privately for a while.

It actually originally sold on Clink a few years ago for $15K. Still, in today's market, $40K doesn't seem horrible.

Solid bidding on several items already:

-Sienkiewicz Elektra Assassin #4 cover = $20K

-Perez Tales of New Teen Titans #1 cover = $4.85K

-Romita ASM 141 cover = $15K

-Romita Jr ASM 239 cover = $13.3K

-McSpidey DPS = $6.1K

-Miller Wolverine Mini-series page = $6.9K

-Kirby FF 40 page = $15.75K

-Buscema Conan 88 cover = $7.1K

-Kirby JIM 112 splash = $12.25K

-Kirby Thor 258 cover = $5.8K

-Kirby New Gods 4 cover = $11.25K

$20K already?!

I get that the early bidding can be the result of tracking bids, or price discovery, or intimidation, or parties with vested interests propping up markets, or whatever other reason people come up with. It's great for consignors. But I hate it. I hate all of it. :frustrated:

Daredevil 177

$40,000 sale for Frank Miller cover. Someone got a bargain. I would have snapped that up if I had seen it

Just checked out the Miller offerings. Holy cow...the DD cover certainly is a bargain compared to this:

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fitems.asp%3Fid%3D7063&id=769547

$6100...sale pending. Um...that's a stat.

It was sold on eBay originally a few years ago for $400. People were ridiculing the price then. I guess we all underestimated the stat market.

Daredevil 177

Did not see it. But it had been offered around privately for a while.

It actually originally sold on Clink a few years ago for $15K. Still, in today's market, $40K doesn't seem horrible.

I saw it a day or two ago when it was already marked as "sale pending". It seems like a decent price (I was one of those who passed on it when it was offered privately higher), but, how do I put this delicately...the best thing about this cover is the price. :eek:

The interest in the Aragones Groo pieces has been surprising, but then again not a lot of Groo art is out in the market - and the detail Sergio puts to his published work (and perhaps the tools) are different from those quickie convention sketches. Maybe collectors are picking up on that.

Have Ronin pages gone over $10K? I think they have been $3K - $7K, no? I am not a fan of the DD page too much, good character page but as none of the characters are moving it isn't very dynamic. Unlike that Wolverine page, which is yummy.

Q: Do people find that something like the Miller Wolverine page will pull up the other Miller pieces in the auction? Will that Sienkiewicz Elektra cover bring the Transformers cover and the other two Elektra pieces up a bit in final hammer price? When the tides rises in an auction, do the boats all float immediately?

Have Ronin pages gone over $10K? I think they have been $3K - $7K, no? I am not a fan of the DD page too much, good character page but as none of the characters are moving it isn't very dynamic. Unlike that Wolverine page, which is yummy.

Q: Do people find that something like the Miller Wolverine page will pull up the other Miller pieces in the auction? Will that Sienkiewicz Elektra cover bring the Transformers cover and the other two Elektra pieces up a bit in final hammer price? When the tides rises in an auction, do the boats all float immediately?

Good question, for me each piece stands alone, Electra cover is awesome (currently the underbidder - correction: way-under-bidder), personally not feeling the transformer cover

The previous two sales on Heritage were $8.3K and just shy of $9K. Both pages had no action.

The one on Clink also doesn't have any action, but it does have Lord Ozaku, Ronin (well, still Samurai until his Lord Ozaku was killed), and the gorgeous Geisha who happens to be none other than the demon Agat in disguise.

I think this page would be more desirable than the two that sold on Heritage. Its possible this page will go for $10K and if it does, it wouldn't be a surprise.

The previous two sales on Heritage were $8.3K and just shy of $9K. Both pages had no action.

The one on Clink also doesn't have any action, but it does have Lord Ozaku, Ronin (well, still Samurai until his Lord Ozaku was killed), and the gorgeous Geisha who happens to be none other than the demon Agat in disguise.

I think this page would be more desirable than the two that sold on Heritage. Its possible this page will go for $10K and if it does, it wouldn't be a surprise.

It's part of the memorable opening sequence. Would be surprised if ended less than 10K. I already have an example, so I'm not interested in the page. But, if I didn't I'd certainly be a bidder at this level. As for the DD 181 page, it's a nice Bullseye example if someone wants one. My guess is 7-9K. And, the Wolvie page is anyone's guess, but I'd say 15-20K.