• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Summer Featured Auction

338 posts in this topic

luckily I get to see how much my comics sell for first....that will help determine which art I get...have narrowed it down to one piece hard core, and feeling like dropping out on the others given how many other potential deals are going on !

I feel like Charlie Brown about to kick the football. I have a couple of items I really want, and it appears that my budget will at least be competitive. Just waiting for one of the usual suspects to pull the ball.

Just a few more days remaining, there's still a lot of bargoon-priced stuff to be had. Here's some more examples:

-Bermejo Hellblazer 221 cover

-Harris Ex Machina 25 cover

-Prado Teen Titans 86 cover

-Cho New Avengers 14 cover (gorgeous Spiderwoman)

-Garcia Lopez Detective page

-McFarlane All Star Squadron 47 cover

-Romita Jr Thor DPS (with Spidey)

more tomorrow!

I would like opinions on what you guys think would be about right on this page? I have checked several sites and haven't really seen much for guidance. Any thoughts are welcomed.

HOWARD THE DUCK #4 PAGE 45

John B.

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?id=1025158

If I had to guess, I'd say between $600-800 since it is John Buscema art and there's mild hype around Howard the Duck making the character a bit more interesting than he was a year ago.

If you're a Howard the Duck fan, the artists I'd go for would be published pages creator Val Mayerik and then Gene Colan and/or Frank Brunner.

I would like opinions on what you guys think would be about right on this page? I have checked several sites and haven't really seen much for guidance. Any thoughts are welcomed.

HOWARD THE DUCK #4 PAGE 45

John B.

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?id=1025158

If I had to guess, I'd say between $600-800 since it is John Buscema art and there's mild hype around Howard the Duck making the character a bit more interesting than he was a year ago.

If you're a Howard the Duck fan, the artists I'd go for would be published pages creator Val Mayerik and then Gene Colan and/or Frank Brunner.

Rick,

I have a couple by Brunner and am on the lookout for the others.

Thanks for your input on the pricing.

John B.

The Frenz spidey page really went up from $300 to $777, and now at $827. I thought the max for that page would of been at 600, to 650 max.

This is a really neat page from the two - part Spidey cross-over (& tie-into Secret Wars II). Frenz ASM pages from this era are tough to find and go for more. I think this one's worth at least $1.25K. If it was earlier, say in the 250's, where Frenz's style was more reminiscent of Ditko, this would be a $2K page.

The Frenz spidey page really went up from $300 to $777, and now at $827. I thought the max for that page would of been at 600, to 650 max.

This is a really neat page from the two - part Spidey cross-over (& tie-into Secret Wars II). Frenz ASM pages from this era are tough to find and go for more. I think this one's worth at least $1.25K. If it was earlier, say in the 250's, where Frenz's style was more reminiscent of Ditko, this would be a $2K page.

I did not know that. I like Frenz spider man work a lot, It does have a nice couple panels especially the top right one, which I think is the part thats responsible for the high number of bids.

I did not know that. I like Frenz spider man work a lot, It does have a nice couple panels especially the top right one, which I think is the part thats responsible for the high number of bids.

Hmm...I see another Frenz Spidey page in the Clink auction from Marvel Teamup, with Spidey, Cloak and Dagger, and Wolfsbane from the New Mutants. Seems very affordable. (shrug)

I think with some of the auctions, the mentality is to bid today, hours if not minutes before the close, but with enough lead time to bid on the auctions that close early that are on collector's "B" list behind their "A" list choices so they don't go home empty handed with regret.

I know personally, I've had bid on good stuff casually, but was truly waiting for the great item I wanted, only to lose that item by getting far and away outbid, and then look at the auctions that closed minutes or hours earlier with some regret of "what I would have paid" for those and kicking myself for not bidding. Keeping in mind of course, if a piece sold for $800, it doesn't mean a bid of $800 would have won it or even the next bid of $850, since you never know how much and how far (high) that winning bidder would have gone (bid) to win that piece.

Today is the day I like to look at the auctions and figure - - Am I "In" or am I "Out" - - based on current pricing. I evaluate what I feel I can possibly win, knowing I can't afford everything, so being cautious not to be overzealous.

Good luck to all participating. ComicLink is fastly becoming one of the most exciting auction houses for original art. I love that there's no buyer's premium, so it takes the negative psychology out of the bidding process that Heritage has, knowing what you bid is what you pay.

I'm still watching 4-5 pages, but unfortunately I'm located in France, which means that auctions end around 4-5 am smsc648.gif ! Last time I was sleeping but still won two pieces, hitting my maximum bids, but if you're not here in real time you cannot go for your "B list" if you don't get your "A list", as AKA Rick says. And I still have to consider if it's reasonable to bid both on Miller and Wrightson smsc601.gif .