• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Summer Featured Auction

338 posts in this topic

Lots of action in the George Perez pieces, everything but one going over $2,000 - even for interiors.

With Perez tied to Boom Studios and his health issues, it might be hard to get cover quality commissions from him. Now, here is a shameless plug for a fully-rendered 16-character piece from representing his vintage 1980's JLA run:

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fallsub%2Easp%3FFocused%3D1%26id%3D1398%26pg%3D9%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%23Item_1023223&id=1023223

It seems to be the exception to the rule, as it is only going for a bargain now. And this is actually two covers in one board, featuring two Perez signatures - his "artist" signature and his "-script" signature --- all in one board!

I'm hoping the underbidders of the more highly coveted Perez pieces will decide to "settle" for this bargain of a cover - better than getting shutout on the Perez action!

RADB4E772014730_14724.jpg

RADB5BFA201486_12116.jpg

Prices a week before the deadline mean nada.

Generally agreed!

In my past auctions, I have seen frantic bidding on some pieces. There have been the slight minor letdowns, when a piece ends up selling for what the highest bid was a week before.

On the Perez front, I am liking the action on the Infinite Crisis 7 cover - it might set a record for a non-JLA Avengers modern era Perez cover (perhaps trumping his Brave Bold covers):

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fallsub%2Easp%3FFocused%3D1%26id%3D1398%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26pg%3D9%23Item_1022065&id=1022065

I would still think the piece is a bargain for 16 JLA Characters spanning two covers and 2 signatures when you consider how much a Perez convention headshot with markers would cost and multiply by 16 (while this is fully rendered and published): http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fallsub%2Easp%3FFocused%3D1%26id%3D1398%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26pg%3D9%23Item_1023223&id=1023223

However, the best of the Perez bunch is that New Teen Titans interior with Grayson looking at a reflection of Batman. That is just timeless, classic and unforgettable:

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fallsub%2Easp%3FFocused%3D1%26id%3D1398%26pg%3D9%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%23Item_1020457&id=1020457

I see the Hero for Hire 1 stat splash is approaching 1500 (reserve not met). That's a lot for a stat, right? Is it time to start the list of record stat prices?

I know it seems odd for a stat piece to be of such value unless it's the only known remnant of the original artwork and no pencil/ink piece exists.

But these auctions follow the laws of supply and demand and it takes at least 2 to start the bidding war and escalate prices...

I see the Hero for Hire 1 stat splash is approaching 1500 (reserve not met). That's a lot for a stat, right? Is it time to start the list of record stat prices?

I know it seems odd for a stat piece to be of such value unless it's the only known remnant of the original artwork and no pencil/ink piece exists.

Is that the case here? Anybody seen the OA?

Did anyone happen to notice what the New Gods cover was at before it bumped to the $63K reserve?

I am still trying to recoup after seeing the reserve on it :o

63K does seem like a mouthful, but there are not too many comps for true 4th World covers that I know of. JO 133 is the first one, but doesn't have any of the New Gods on it. Several good Forever People's have been around, with Royer inks but without, obviously, the iconic hero shot that this one has, of arguably the top character in the whole franchise... I find it hard to value.

with 4 days remaining, there's still a lot of bargoon-priced stuff to be had. I realize some may still consider it 'early' in the auction, but still, there may be some good buying opportunities on some nice OA:

-James Jean Fables cover

-Steranko SHIELD page

-Bagley ASM splash

-Buscema Silver Surfer splash

-Frenz ASM page

-Dillon Preacher page (the one with Preacher in 4 panels)

-Aragones Groo cover

-Buscema Conan 88 cover

-Eastman TMNT #3 page

More tomorrow (assuming the art continues to remain at bargoon prices)

okay, one of my 2 consignments hit reserve tonight. I bid on a few things myself hoping the rising tide would come my way so maybe karma worked a bit. It was a bit low (80% or so of my purchase price) but all the same I was thinking it may not sell but it is gone now. I don't expect the other to hit reserve given the low interest but you never know.

Have to say that the overall selection of books in this auction [comics, OA] is the best I have seen in years from C-Link.

+1. Lots of good stuff all around. With a foot in Silver and Bronze age books and a toe in the OA, I'm really having to try to prioritize targeted items in this auction.